Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Detective Comics #985 preview

https://comicsverse.com/detective-comics-985-preview/

Yes, it really is this early. No, I don't know why.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    https://comicsverse.com/detective-comics-985-preview/

Yes, it really is this early. No, I don't know why.
    This is really early. I'm betting it's because they got it ready early (since it was with the second art team, allowing them to work ahead), and there's been so many delayed issues recently.

Anyway! It looks awesome! Love seeing a focus on Bruce being awesome in the long awaited Ferrari (though it totally should have been a Lambo. Much more subtle. Which joke got a like from the writer on twitter. ).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Markovia? I wonder if this all connects back to the original Outsiders, or more specifically Geo-Force?

I'm not sure how I feel about Batman using a strain of Crane's Fear Toxin against someone, even if they totally deserve it.

I'm really liking what Hill's doing on the book. He's not sticking on it though, right? Would love to see him write Tim into the current dynamic.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Markovia? I wonder if this all connects back to the original Outsiders, or more specifically Geo-Force?

I'm not sure how I feel about Batman using a strain of Crane's Fear Toxin against someone, even if they totally deserve it.
    He did it to Crane in Batman Begins! I buy it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

hum...looks good...although this just further makes me think that Karma is just a random guy that found a helmet with mind-reading powers, and now can beat up Cass (of all people) even though he doesnt even have the speed to keep up...but we'll see, hope im wrong...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This is really early. I'm betting it's because they got it ready early (since it was with the second art team, allowing them to work ahead), and there's been so many delayed issues recently.

Anyway! It looks awesome! Love seeing a focus on Bruce being awesome in the long awaited Ferrari (though it totally should have been a Lambo. Much more subtle. Which joke got a like from the writer on twitter. ).
    i only noticed that yesterday lol i thought the issue was already out, as in, wednesday, since the preview was already out...hum...anyway, hope Karma gets further explained.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    hum...looks good...although this just further makes me think that Karma is just a random guy that found a helmet with mind-reading powers, and now can beat up Cass (of all people) even though he doesnt even have the speed to keep up...but we'll see, hope im wrong...
    I think the armor gives him more than just mind reading powers.

Brooks variant cover is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Brooks variant cover is beautiful.
    All of these have been. Really glad he's on the variants.

The ending wasn't as impactful as the last one, probably because they were just too similar, but otherwise, this issue of Tec continued the quality established since the first number of this arc.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I thought this issue was pretty solid. The car ride and flashback were really moody and effective, and Briones did a pretty strong job (though I wish they'd commit to an art team for this book, not just rotate Briones and Mendonca around for every book as fill-ins). Didn't like the burning alive of the reporter, even if she was a jerk to her interview subjects in this arc. The Jefferson, Duke, Cass, and Babs scene was really fun, though hopefully it leads to them being more active in the two parts left of the arc!

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

So, as somewhat of a completionist for the character, has Katana appeared in this arc so far? I see she's going to be in next month's issue, but I'm curious if she's already popped up.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Energist View Post
    So, as somewhat of a completionist for the character, has Katana appeared in this arc so far? I see she's going to be in next month's issue, but I'm curious if she's already popped up.
    She did not.

And finally the last one.

This arc isn't working for me so I'm going to drop it. I wanted to give it a chance like with Percy on NW due to a bet, but I end up not enjoying them anyway so back to only RHATO and Batman on my list from the bat-line (certain someone is owning me a refund..).