Page 1428 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 42892813281378141814241425142614271428
Results 21,406 to 21,418 of 21418
  1. #21406
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    We don't how long Damian will be Robin but we know he has already been replaced. I'm not a Signal Fan but I don't blame him for Damian being exciled to the Superman office just like I don't blame Damian for Tim's plight.

    Characters have to stand by their own merit. Robin only ever belonged to Dick. Everyone else was/is just a place holder.

    Damian hasn't been under the Bat office since before the nu52. Tim has been Bruce's partner for the last 2 years now so it's stupid and false for people to keep blaming Damian. Trends and tastes have changed. We are no longer in the 90's maybe Tim just isn't as interesting, as relatable or as appealing as he once was.

    I like Priest writing too but I'm not sure if everyone gets it. He keeps characterisations too close to the edge. It's easy to misunderstand him.
    Signal is not a replacements, as much as he feel like token for the batfamily
    Lucious and family do not show up often

  2. #21407
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    We don't how long Damian will be Robin but we know he has already been replaced. I'm not a Signal Fan but I don't blame him for Damian being exciled to the Superman office just like I don't blame Damian for Tim's plight.

    Characters have to stand by their own merit. Robin only ever belonged to Dick. Everyone else was/is just a place holder.

    Damian hasn't been under the Bat office since before the nu52. Tim has been Bruce's partner for the last 2 years now so it's stupid and false for people to keep blaming Damian. Trends and tastes have changed. We are no longer in the 90's maybe Tim just isn't as interesting, as relatable or as appealing as he once was.

    I like Priest writing too but I'm not sure if everyone gets it. He keeps characterisations too close to the edge. It's easy to misunderstand him.
    Signal is not a replacements, as much as he feel like token for the batfamily
    Lucious and family do not show up often

  3. #21408
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, there's the chest birdie, but yeah, the chest line is thicker, more similar to the classic costume. The Rebirth design by Javier Fernandez has a really thin line and people commented on it back then.

    Attachment 68994

    It also didn't have arm stripes.

    So at this point, Dick has gone through finger stripes, hip stripes, shin stripes and arm stripes. Which stripes will they try next?



    Dick stripes! That's it!

    No... wait... they already gave him crotch arrow.
    lmao I was about to say a pair of wings but obviously your idea is of much more creativity. Bravo.

  4. #21409
    All-New Member Smilingblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Is anyone else hyped for Nightwing in Young Justice: Outsiders?? I'm in love with his costume, from the utility belt to the symbol... It's perfect!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #21410
    Incredible Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    lmao I was about to say a pair of wings but obviously your idea is of much more creativity. Bravo.
    Well they already did that too, most popular in the animated series including Young Justice

    They did physical wings too

    Nightwing_spreads_wings.jpg
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-04-2018 at 02:19 PM.

  6. #21411
    Incredible Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    @RestingVoice Butt stripes?
    I actually browse it for kicks to see it's been done, and...

    NEW-52-NIGHTWING.jpg

    The Arkham game version of New 52 Nightwing apparently has his hip stripes go all the way behind. The original Brett Booth version was only like pasties at the hips. Like, it's not exactly butt stripes but low enough.

    The heck am I doing

  7. #21412
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Signal is not a replacements, as much as he feel like token for the batfamily
    Lucious and family do not show up often
    Is Duke even in any titles going forward? As far as his previous storylines are concerned, he comes off more as a plot device than a character in his own right or at least a consistent character.

  8. #21413
    Mighty Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    1,539

    Smile

    On the topic of Nightwing costumes and redesigns, I'll weigh in and say that the perfect Nightwing suit is the one from the Animated Series. The bird symbol has become so strongly tied to Nightwing's identity that it is the primary form of Nightwing merch despite not making it into the comics until Rebirth. And for my money, any deviations that move to complicate the suit only make it all the worse. Boot stripes. Gloves stripes. Belts. Finger stripes. I don't like none of it. Simplify.



    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  9. #21414
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    Is anyone else hyped for Nightwing in Young Justice: Outsiders?? I'm in love with his costume, from the utility belt to the symbol... It's perfect!
    Personally I prefer this one:
    41884055-7482-422F-B5F6-EC49B76FF0DC.jpg

    simple but dangerous and sexy It's a shame that Dick's pupils seems are brown rather than blue in YJ season 3. kind of a waste of the new mask.

  10. #21415
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Is Duke even in any titles going forward? As far as his previous storylines are concerned, he comes off more as a plot device than a character in his own right or at least a consistent character.
    I hope he spins off into his own solo title.

  11. #21416
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well they already did that too, most popular in the animated series including Young Justice

    They did physical wings too

    Nightwing_spreads_wings.jpg
    I cant help but laugh at the scene every time I see it. It's one of the most hilarious moments in the cartoon.

  12. #21417
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    I cant help but laugh at the scene every time I see it. It's one of the most hilarious moments in the cartoon.
    Looks like a rooster in the morning.

  13. #21418
    Duly appointed enforcer of the Admin Accord Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 1997
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    687

    Default

    There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •