Page 105 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Yes. Much of the new direction, in fact, seems to have come from him for better or worse, or at least been directly approved by him.

I'm not sure that would count as making connections as far as a lot of people are concerned. It certainly would do nothing to correct the loss of the personal friendships that many see as absolutely crucial to the character.
    Yeah if they don't really remember him or his face then it doesn't really count. Also if you looked at Dick and looked away would you automatically forget his face?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    Didio actually likes Grayson a lot fyi
    Yeah he doesn't really HATE Dick like a lot of people seem to think. When one actually knows WHY he wanted to kill him off, you'd get why he doesn't really hate him and why him liking the new direction is pretty believable. tbh they seem to believe that Dick is popular enough to pull off the new direction without hitting cancellation numbers and that seems like a compliment to me?

And do y'all want others in Dick's book or Dick in others' books? Because Dick's solos have never really been cameo central. Like Batfamily, Wally, Superman, and Roy are pretty much the only people who showed up more than once. The last three being like two or three times. It's other books that he actually talked to people. And I'd much rather Dick's solo be about what he's actually trying to do and the supporting cast because those have pretty much always been lackluster for him.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Yeah he doesn't really HATE Dick like a lot of people seem to think. When one actually knows WHY he wanted to kill him off, you'd get why he doesn't really hate him and why him liking the new direction is pretty believable. tbh they seem to believe that Dick is popular enough to pull off the new direction without hitting cancellation numbers and that seems like a compliment to me?

And do y'all want others in Dick's book or Dick in others' books? Because Dick's solos have never really been cameo central. Like Batfamily, Wally, Superman, and Roy are pretty much the only people who showed up more than once. The last three being like two or three times. It's other books that he actually talked to people. And I'd much rather Dick's solo be about what he's actually trying to do and the supporting cast because those have pretty much always been lackluster for him.
    Also don't forget all Dick's appearances and team ups in other books, not just his solo series. I think it was a mini series or a one-shot but anyway it was a team up with Dick and Wally running around and fighting crime together. I just want stuff like that where he is around friends and doing fun things that are great to read.

Even in the Timmverse Dick was still best friends with Wally even without the Titans history.

That is an excellent point. Dick's solo books have never been big on the interactions except when major crossovers are underway, which to be fair have gotten much more frequent over the years. So, precedent at least would say that "other" books are the place to build up Dick's relationships. Thing is, the same obstacles remain at the moment whether you are talking about Grayson or another book. His recent appearance in Batman and Robin illustrated the difficulties nicely.

But then Dick had a huge history that now has been completely erased. I don't see why they can't do both

I'm not sure that would count as making connections as far as a lot of people are concerned. It certainly would do nothing to correct the loss of the personal friendships that many see as absolutely crucial to the character.
    The thing about his face is not different to use a mask. People are going to connec with agent 37 that is just other alter ego
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 09-25-2014 at 08:15 AM.

BANNED

Doesn't the Justice League know he's alive? At some point, the secret has to spill, and the Bat family is going to find out.

Doesn't the Justice League know he's alive? At some point, the secret has to spill, and the Bat family is going to find out.
    I think they know since they were there when he "died".

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think they know since they were there when he "died".
    See, here's the thing: I don't think they are supposed to know. I don't think anyone is supposed to know except Luthor, Catwoman, and Bats. I think that Cyborg knowing, and the other Justice League members having to know considering the situation, is a pure accident resulting from miscommunication, whether between Johns and the Bat Office, Johns and Finch (very likely I think considering that weird scene where Dick is fighting Owlman while everybody else just stands there and looks stupid), or all of the above. It's even been speculated by Alexander Luthor (CBR member) that one reason they scrapped the original Nightwing 30 was because the Justice League was at the funeral and everybody would go, "Now, hold on a minute!!"

Thing is, they can't come out and admit they made a mistake for all sorts of reasons, not least because the man who made it is a Chief Creative Officer and Vice-President of the company. So I think company policy is strict silence and hoping everybody will just quit talking about it. Note that the Secret Origins issue in December picks up after Nightwing 30, meaning that whole embarassing subject is still off-limits.

BANNED

Yeah if they don't really remember him or his face then it doesn't really count. Also if you looked at Dick and looked away would you automatically forget his face?
    I can't imagine any woman (or any guy like Midnighter) looking at Dick Grayson and EVER being able to forget him.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I can't imagine any woman (or any guy like Midnighter) looking at Dick Grayson and EVER being able to forget him.
    Yeah but doesn't the hypno make people forget his face?

BANNED

With hypnos, there's no reason why he can't still hang out with the Bat family. Other than the awkward question of why a random bit friendly faceless spy is hanging out in the batcave, and has an awfully familiar fighting style.

Spectacular Member AgentGrayson1114's Avatar

I think him popping up in random Justice League books to talk with Luthor and Batman about what's going on in the spy community would be awesome. Even have the artist give him the swirly face. Only those two would know who it was. More of a way for Luthor to gain trust with (or blackmail) Batman. And it could make Dick into the man in the shadows for the current big two of the JL.

Yeah but doesn't the hypno make people forget his face?
    Yes. One would assume he can consciously suppress that effect.

Saw this and had a good laugh.

nightwing_holidaykisses_walko_LR.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGrayson1114 View Post
    I think him popping up in random Justice League books to talk with Luthor and Batman about what's going on in the spy community would be awesome. Even have the artist give him the swirly face. Only those two would know who it was. More of a way for Luthor to gain trust with (or blackmail) Batman. And it could make Dick into the man in the shadows for the current big two of the JL.
    Ha! Everyone else wonders who this, new mysterious "Captain Spiral" character is who keeps popping up. :d

Also, with Lex going on and on about knowing who Bruce is, linking him to Dick etc.... I can see Batman finding it very useful to have a guy onside with the best memory erasure technology on the market!

Sidenote: I'm gradually becoming more convinced that Dick is going to be, at least to some extent, in the upcoming "Endgame" arc. Snyder loves the guy, they've demonstrated already with the first issue a "hold back covers to hide guest stars" policy, and he's been on Twitter asking people who they want to feature in the specifically 75th Anniversary storyline....