Page 1094 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 9459499410441084109010911092109310941095109610971098110411441194 ... LastLast
Results 16,396 to 16,410 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a reason most of Dick's cartoon Robin costumes hearken towards Tim's original version, because that was such a great modernization of the classic Robin look.

The New 52 costume? Not so much.
    It was just green pants.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-25-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its was just green pants.
    Exactly .

They have slowly tried to downplay how awful this costume was from its first appearance in the New 52 Nightwing series, like hide it in shadows or down play the color in it to mute it, but I don't get why they don't just trash it completely and go with a new design that has more elements of Dick and Tim's classic costumes.

Exactly .
    Touché....

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

They have slowly tried to downplay how awful this costume was from its first appearance in the New 52 Nightwing series, like hide it in shadows or down play the color in it to mute it, but I don't get why they don't just trash it completely and go with a new design that has more elements of Dick and Tim's classic costumes.
    Just for reference, this is a Jim Lee design, right?

Just for reference, this is a Jim Lee design, right?
    Rocafort designed it I believe, who has a lot of bad New 52 designs under his belt. I have a theory that he made Dick's Robin costume look like shit to make Jason's look even better. Since he designed Jason's costume and was also drawing him in Outlaws at the time, lol.

Mighty Member

I like the cartoon Young Justice and Arkham games Robin costumes. Not too much and still has pants.

Mighty Member

Anyone else having a hard time differentiating Dick, Jason and Tim physically as Robins? The black hair and blue eyes don't help. Dick has had every hairstyle in comics and animation, so there is no definite Dick hairstyle.

DC should have made them look more distinct with each other. It would help Jason and Tim a lot because they would look less like Dick Grayson clones (which they tend to be from time to time). Dick's blue eyes and black hair is his since he is first, while Damian got it from Bruce. It makes no sense for Tim and Jason to have the same physical features.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Anyone else having a hard time differentiating Dick, Jason and Tim physically as Robins? The black hair and blue eyes don't help. Dick has had every hairstyle in comics and animation, so there is no definite Dick hairstyle.

DC should have made them look more distinct with each other. It would help Jason and Tim a lot because they would look less like Dick Grayson clones (which they tend to be from time to time). Dick's blue eyes and black hair is his since he is first, while Damian got it from Bruce. It makes no sense for Tim and Jason to have the same physical features.
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a blond Robin. Wasn't Jason a redhead at one point?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a blond Robin. Wasn't Jason a redhead at one point?
    Bruce Jr. was blonde. He was in some what if and elseworlds stories.

Jason was a redhead in Batman and Robin.

BANNED

No, I never had a problem because when Jason showed up and up until he died, him and Dick had very distinctive hairstyles and size. It started being more an issue when formats like Robin:Year One have Dick using that same haircut. The reboot made them pretty easy to difference from each other. Dick had the shitty suit, Jason had the cool suit, Dick`s face was rounder, Jason wasn`t..etc.

Jason`s eyes aren`t blue as far as I am aware.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Rocafort designed it I believe, who has a lot of bad New 52 designs under his belt. I have a theory that he made Dick's Robin costume look like shit to make Jason's look even better. Since he designed Jason's costume and was also drawing him in Outlaws at the time, lol.
    I actually paid him to do that. I wanted Jason to keep having the cool suit.

First Robin suit with green pants? Check. First Black and red suit? Check. Coolest reboot suit? Double check.

Astonishing Member

Bruce Jr. was blonde. He was in some what if and elseworlds stories.

Jason was a redhead in Batman and Robin.
    Red Hood being a redhead. How could the writer pass up that?

With the different ways the Robins are drawn, often you'll need the context of the panel or page to identify which one it is.

Extraordinary Member

Usually not, Tims costumes and hair style were different from Dick's and Jason's.
    pre flashpoint you can (appart from Flashbacks) usually tell Dick and Jason apart based on the art and hair style. Comics from the 60s look diffrent than Comics from the 80s and and since the 70s Dick had a hairstlyle that Jason iirc never had as Robin.

Post flashpoint they have all different costumes, so it is also not a problem to tell them apart. Even if I would like Jason's costume to be more different from Dick's.

Dick's blue eyes and black hair is his since he is first, while Damian got it from Bruce.
    I'm actually not sure when Dick got Blue eyes, I' pretty sure that during the first few decades of publication he didn't had a defined eye colour.

I would be OK with changing the eye color, but chaning the hair i imo a bad idea, since the black hair is part of the iconic Robin look (and if you go with the having them dye their hair black like morrison did you can still not tell them appart).

Best solution is probably to give them distinctive hair styles.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    No, I never had a problem because when Jason showed up and up until he died, him and Dick had very distinctive hairstyles and size. It started being more an issue when formats like Robin:Year One have Dick using that same haircut. The reboot made them pretty easy to difference from each other. Dick had the shitty suit, Jason had the cool suit, Dick`s face was rounder, Jason wasn`t..etc.

Jason`s eyes aren`t blue as far as I am aware.
    Dick has been Robin in almost every elseworld and animation. There is no definite Dick Grayson Robin look as I'm aware of.

Jason tends to be a Dick Grayson clone, which made poeple hate him. Even when DC gave him an edgy history, people still hated him. His time as Robin is basically his death. It would help if he looked more different than Grayson.