Page 11 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    love this version of the old nightwing costume.
    Really? I thought it was a poorly designed costume. I would have rather it been the better black/blue Nightwing costume he wore back then than this. Since now if they ever show what happened while Dick was Nigthwing the first time in the New 52 he is stuck in this awful costume during this period, which is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Really? I thought it was a poorly designed costume. I would have rather it been the better black/blue Nightwing costume he wore back then than this. Since now if they ever show what happened while Dick was Nigthwing the first time in the New 52 he is stuck in this awful costume during this period, which is annoying.
    That's a redesign of the his first Nightwing costume. I see no reason why wouldn't then show him change to the traditional blue/black suit later as when he was with the Titans he pretty much had that suit.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    That's a redesign of the his first Nightwing costume. I see no reason why wouldn't then show him change to the traditional blue/black suit later as when he was with the Titans he pretty much had that suit.
    Yeah, I know it is a redesign of the disco Nightwing suit that he wore in the 80s with the Titans. I just don't think it is very good suit to be honest, Rocafort's design looks kind of ugly in my opinion, but the blue/black suit never existed in the reboot. There has been no sign of it and the redesigned disco suit was the one he wore when he lead Roy and Starfire for a little while before they got pissed at him or whatever. So if they ever go back and show what happened then (which I am dreading) then he is stuck in that suit rather than the blue/black one.

It's a modified S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform. At least the holsters and belts aren't white.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    It's a modified S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform. At least the holsters and belts aren't white.
    And at least Deathstroke still has a monopoly on eye patches.

Though speaking of uniforms/costumes, I really hope they don't stick with the red design in the Grayson book. That official cover (the Andrew Robinson one) had him with red trim in his gloves and clothes unlike the first on that had him with blue trim. I really like Andrew Robinson's art so I was disappointed at how unimpressive that cover was. It really isn't close to his best stuff, which is sad. Feels like he half assed it. I hope they have the Mikel Janin one as the official cover when the book comes out as I'd rather readers have that as their first impression.

BANNED

Though speaking of uniforms/costumes, I really hope they don't stick with the red design in the Grayson book. That official cover (the Andrew Robinson one) had him with red trim in his gloves and clothes unlike the first on that had him with blue trim. I really like Andrew Robinson's art so I was disappointed at how unimpressive that cover was. It really isn't close to his best stuff, which is sad. Feels like he half assed it. I hope they have the Mikel Janin one as the official cover when the book comes out as I'd rather readers have that as their first impression.
    What he said. And get rid of the cleft chin, too. The character is supposed to be about 21 years old, and just now he's decided to grow a Kirk Douglas chin?

Fantastic Member

I am totally not into this. Meh.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I guess I'm not sure why people are so adamant that Dick Grayson should never use a gun. Isn't that question part of being his own man and character? It's well established why Batman doesn't, but really the only reason Dick would have such a problem is because "Bruce told him so". But if he is truly making a big change into the spy world - has any such literature/movies/TV shows featured someone who DIDN't have a gun? Not to say they couldn't differentiate him in that way, but I don't see it as open and shut

BANNED

He might get issued a gun, but he'd probably never use it beyond shooting out the tires on a bad-guy car. I don't see a big deal if he's packing.

I'm actually really digging that his gear is short sleeved. Reminds me of the old robin suit a little bit. It actually makes me wish his Nightwing suits were short sleeved as well. Its a good definitive look for him IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    What he said. And get rid of the cleft chin, too. The character is supposed to be about 21 years old, and just now he's decided to grow a Kirk Douglas chin?
    Well good news is that Andrew Robinson redid the face for that first cover. I think he looks a lot better. So at least that is one problem solved, and I like the shaggy hair too. Makes him look less like Jason, Tim or Bruce. Hopefully he gets the blue trim back too. http://andrewcrobinson.tumblr.com/

I really think that Andrew Robinson's art would have been great for a Nightwing book. His art is very cartoonist-like which would have been nice to see. Sort of like what you tend to see as the art for Spider-man titles.

Well good news is that Andrew Robinson redid the face for that first cover. I think he looks a lot better. So at least that is one problem solved, and I like the shaggy hair too. Makes him look less like Jason, Tim or Bruce. Hopefully he gets the blue trim back too. http://andrewcrobinson.tumblr.com/

I really think that Andrew Robinson's art would have been great for a Nightwing book. His art is very cartoonist-like which would have been nice to see. Sort of like what you tend to see as the art for Spider-man titles.
    Yeah, that revised face/head looks a lot better. I do love that art-style.

That face is 1000 times better than the other cover! I really like it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    That face is 1000 times better than the other cover! I really like it!
    Much better! He looks a little less like Bruce's Wayne's grandfather. I hope the artists can keep in mind that this character is only in his early twenties (I THINK that's right according to the New 52).