Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think Dick should go back to Hudson U and graduate early with HONORS, show up to take the tests and whomp on bad guys the rest of time. Could we say that Dick Grayson doesn't know criminal law as well as any prosecuting or defense attorney? He's spent his entire life building and taking down cases against criminals. He should be able to go take the legal Bar exam without even having to study. I am so SICK of "He so stoopid he couldn't git an edukayshun. He a loozer. He got fired by Batman kuz he couldn't cut it." I HATE that Dick Grayson is CONSTANTLY made to look like a loser. Why rehash old stuff just to make it turn out the same way--it's the proverbial dog eating its own vomit.

We note that Editorial Darling Timmy Wimmy is being returned to the orgin CAREFULLY CRAFTED by Wolfman and Perez. However, Dick remains saddled with the vicious Max Allen Collins after-thought millstone that undid all the work Wolfman and Perez did to bring him from boy to his own man. Many years ago, I confronted Denny O'Neil TO HIS FACE about it and asked, "As Editor, how could you let that happen?" He answered me directly: "I didn't notice--I had so many other responsibilities at the time. Max didn't clear it with me first and I had a deadline and got blindsided." So this BLUNDER will hang around Dick Grayson's neck forever and he is DENIED the intelligence he possessed before Editorial Darling Timmy Wimmy came on the scene. Dick Grayson was fraggin' LOBOTOMIZED as a character so that Timmy Wimmy Poo could look better in comparison. Excuse the rant, but I've been right at ringside for Dick Grayson and read every word about him since 1959. No, don't bring Hudson U back unless the outcome is DIFFERENT. GRRRRR !!!!!!!
    What does Hudson University has to do with it? He dropped out long before the New Teen Titans (and iirc even attended Gotham University for some time in between).

Hudson U is an interesting choice and Humphries did a good job with GL. I hope we will still see a lot of globe trotting and what about a an Issue or two-parter with Simon and Jessica? That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    New Order #5 cover by Trevor McCarthy:

Attachment 54793
    Looks cool but I'm still not sold on this.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Oh god no. Humphries is easily one of the my least favourite writers of the current era.

His Star Lord was insultingly atrocious and he totally blew Hickman's set up in the Ultimate Universe. He's just so bad.

This is awful news. Awful, awful news!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Attachment 54793
    WOW... I like Superman Style.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: Humphries, Chang Take Over Nightwing

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-sam-hum...R-TW&view=list

New facts:
    Attachment 54763
    This meant Dick.

There will be flashbacks to Dick's time as Robin and a student in Hudson University.

There will be a new villain for Dick's rogues gallery.

Humphries will expand on Seeley's Bludhaven and supporting cast.

The run/first tpb will be called Nightwing: The Untouchable.

Edit: (I thought it was Chang's.) Putri's art reminds me of Marcus To's. Very pretty with an anime aesthetic.
    GOOD.. I like that of Crazy Ideas & Big Street-Level Action'.. Is like Priest ideas for JL.. I think that this will be good.

Spectacular Member

I don't think I want to read the whole 'Dark Nights Metal' event, can someone tell me the issues Dick shows up in, so I can read only them? Can I understand it enough so far, without reading it all?

BANNED

Nigthwing the untouchable.

Absolutely nothing can go wrong from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    I don't think I want to read the whole 'Dark Nights Metal' event, can someone tell me the issues Dick shows up in, so I can read only them? Can I understand it enough so far, without reading it all?
    He appeared in the previous Metal issue, #2 I think, but it was just a small cameo. I don't expect Dick to be involved much in the main event. It is more of a Justice League story so Dick will be sitting it out. He will mostly be in the Gotham Resistance tie in mini that takes place in Gotham during the event that is spread across the Teen Titans #12, Nightwing #29, Suicide Squad #26, and Green Arrow I think, but that is more of its own stand alone story and probably not that connected to the Metal event.

Attachment 54793
    So why is Superman carrying WW's shield and sword? This dude needs to just give it a rest 1st the Hunter Prince bait now this.
    Not happy about the change of writer on Nightwing. Does anyone know is it a contract thing or what? and they couldn't give us Priest.

I think they probably just want to change things up. Seeley's been on the character for a while, and while it was bimonthly he still has over two years worth of issues on Nightwing alone. I don't really have an opinion on Humphries. I read some of his Marvel work and thought it was just ok, but ive heard good things about his GL run. Wonder if its going to continue to be bimonthly though.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-16-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think they probably just want to change things up. Seeley's been on the character for a while, and while it was bimonthly he still has over two years worth of issues on Nightwing alone. I don't really have an opinion on Humphries. I read some of his Marvel work and thought it was just ok, but ive heard good things about his GL run. Wonder if its going to continue to be bimonthly though.
    I really like Seeley. He had such a respect and understanding for the character that I dug. He is a fan who does get too much into the fanboying like some other bat writers I could mention.

I also love everything he has been doing with Dick and all his interviews.

Ya, i like Seeley too. Ill remember his time on the character fondly, and im still looking forward to the return of Raptor arc.

I'm also super bummed that it seems like Javier Fernandez and Chris Sotomayer are leaving as well, I thought they were a great fit for the character

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: Humphries, Chang Take Over Nightwing

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-sam-hum...R-TW&view=list

New facts:
    Attachment 54763
    This meant Dick.

There will be flashbacks to Dick's time as Robin and a student in Hudson University.

There will be a new villain for Dick's rogues gallery.

Humphries will expand on Seeley's Bludhaven and supporting cast.

The run/first tpb will be called Nightwing: The Untouchable.

Edit: (I thought it was Chang's.) Putri's art reminds me of Marcus To's. Very pretty with an anime aesthetic.
    I'm very excited for this change, Dick's history has been so vague since the reboot and some solid ground would be refreshing. Since the reboot DC has kept trying to add more major story changes to Dick's history, he doesn't need things like the Talons or major focus on his Romani past. Dick doesn't become the character we love until he has become Robin and starts growing as a character through his time with Batman, the Teen Titans, and through his own solo adventures of him trying to figure out where his place is.

Flashing back to Hudson University and Dick's time as Robin is one of the most exciting things I have heard in awhile for Dick. It's so simple but holds so much story potential. I wonder if he has become Nightwing yet while in college, this might finally be the answer to how Dick actually changed identities and might be an interesting way to reestablish his relationship with Tim since he should hopefully be back to normal after Doomsday Clock. I'm glad that there is talk of expanding Dick's rogues gallery, he really has momentum right now with the villains and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Pretty soon I think we could see a nice rounded gallery that other writers will be able to pick from that have a good connection to Dick.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    So why is Superman carrying WW's shield and sword? This dude needs to just give it a rest 1st the Hunter Prince bait now this.
    Not happy about the change of writer on Nightwing. Does anyone know is it a contract thing or what? and they couldn't give us Priest.
    I'm assuming cause she's probably dead and Supes doesn't have powers anymore. Though it looks like he has a robot arm.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics