Mighty Member

Anyone else love the blue bat symbol of DickBats in the recent 'Tec issue? Very Nightwing-ish.

In my opinion, Dick should not be Batman. He is his own person.

I can't see Dick allowing the cowl to define his life like Bruce has; therefore he should not be Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Anyone else love the blue bat symbol of DickBats in the recent 'Tec issue? Very Nightwing-ish.

In my opinion, Dick should not be Batman. He is his own person.

I can't see Dick allowing the cowl to define his life like Bruce has; therefore he should not be Batman.
    Dick showed he can be his own version of Batman. You don't need to be like Bruce, defined by cowl, to be a Batman, imo.
    And I didn't like how TEC portrayed Dick, Jason and Damian just to make Tim Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Why not? Nightwing and Deathstroke are the two most successful things from the Titans franchise probably. I wouldn't mind more of a connection between them.
    I just don't like him, that's it
    p.s. And also maybe I think writers should rely less on Titans or Batman villains.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Dick showed he can be his own version of Batman. You don't need to be like Bruce, defined by cowl, to be a Batman, imo.
    And I didn't like how TEC portrayed Dick, Jason and Damian just to make Tim Batman.
    Dick did become his own Batman, but it is the main reason he can't be The Batman. He was just Nightwing wearing the Bat costume.

I also believe being defined by the cowl is the main component of becoming The Batman. Bruce Wayne is just a mask. The sacrifice of the self for the mission is the most Batman thing next to prep time.

Dick also never wanted to become The Batman. He didn't saw the cowl as his destiny or birthright. Him leaving is in character. He is only waiting for Damian to get older and become the next Batman.

I understand why Dick would leave. Batman's life is an endless battle against crime. I don't want to live a life like that for the rest of my life.

Ya, the hoops to get Tim to Batman at this point is just silly.

Dick did become his own Batman, but it is the main reason he can't be The Batman. He was just Nightwing wearing the Bat costume.

I also believe being defined by the cowl is the main component of becoming The Batman. Bruce Wayne is just a mask. The sacrifice of the self for the mission is the most Batman thing next to prep time.

Dick also never wanted to become The Batman. He didn't saw the cowl as his destiny or birthright. Him leaving is in character. He is only waiting for Damian to get older and become the next Batman.

I understand why Dick would leave. Batman's life is an endless battle against crime. I don't want to live a life like that for the rest of my life.
    Him leaving is not in character. Not even a little. He didn't see the cowl as his destiny or birthright, and he certainly didn't want it, but nevertheless he saw it as his responsibility. It was his responsibility to keep Batman and Robin alive, and so he did just that. He would never just bail and be like "later guys, im out", nor has he ever indicated that he'd want to retire from fighting crime LoL. That was Tim.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-11-2017 at 10:48 AM.

The whole point of the story is that none of the 4 Robins was worthy of being Batman, hell the whole thing ends with EvilTim admitting that he pretty much suck and hate what he has done.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-11-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Mighty Member

Dick is worthy and competent to be Batman, even evil Tim admits it. He even tried to convince Dick to continue being Batman. It's just Dick is not Bruce.

At some time, Dick would move on with his life and search for something more than being a hero: A family. Dick won't sacrifice love and his family because of a costume.

Batman is his family. He wouldn't just bail, lol. But they needed to get Tim from A to B.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-11-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Him leaving is not in character. Not even a little. He didn't see the cowl as his destiny or birthright, and he certainly didn't want it, but he saw it as his responsibility. It was his responsibility to keep Batman and Robin alive, and so he did just that. He would never just ditch and be just like "later guys", nor has he ever indicated that he'd want to retire from fighting crime LoL. That was Tim.
    You forgot he has a life and family now. Dick isn't just Batman. He is a husband, father and most likely has a career. Dick will not sacrifice his most loved ones on a endless fight, where only tragedies exist.

Hate it, but I respect and understand Dick's decision. I have a family, and I will always put their safety and future first. It is a human flaw I can deeply relate with.

Dick is worthy and competent to be Batman, even evil Tim admits it. He even tried to convince Dick to continue being Batman. It's just Dick is not Bruce.
    I mean worthy, in the sense of wanting to protect Gotham for the rest of his life, Dick would fill that role just as good as Bruce (if not better) and probably is in peace already with his similarities with Bruce bothering him, but he wouldn't want to end his story like that.
    Anyway, i think that this future is just a way to present the 4 boys failling and turning into the worst versions of thenselves, because of the circumstances.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-11-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I mean worthy, in the sense of wanting to protect Gotham for the rest of his life, Dick would fill that role just as good as Bruce (if not better) and probably is in peace already with his similarities with Bruce bothering him, but he wouldn't want to end his story like that.
    Which is why Bruce is such a compelling and interesting character. Him wanting to protect Gotham is bordering to obsession. Many writers have said the most important thing for Bruce after his parents is Gotham. I don't see Dick having the same drive.

You forgot he has a life and family now. Dick isn't just Batman. He is a husband, father and most likely has a career. Dick will not sacrifice his most loved ones on a endless fight, where only tragedies exist.

Hate it, but I respect and understand Dick's decision. I have a family, and I will always put their safety and future first. It is a human flaw I can deeply relate with.
    Doesn't matter if Dick isn't Batman, being a superhero has been his life since he was a child. He's as crazy about it as Bruce is. Him walking away, while convenient, is not at all in character.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-11-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Not reading Tec but wouldn't expect anything less from it's writer.

Wasn't a fan of today's Metal Sick of Batman writers trying to make it seem that Bruce is the only one that Damian cares about and even making it seem like Damian doesn't value Dick and his opinions.
    I'm glad Dick was shown to be right in the end and I like the Jon Snow Nightwing ref but disappointed.

I hope we see more of the brothers going forward in metal and we find out more about Dick head injury and his connections to Metal.

Is it like a 3rd eye or something?

I don't think anyone, even Bruce, needs exact copy of himself.
    And Batman is his mask as much as his fake playboy persona. Bruce Wayne is Bruce Wayne.
    Leaving Gotham and people in need is the last thing that Dick would do. Godlike13 said it all. Also, honestly, Dick never really showed signs, that he can have a life outside being a superhero. He loves it.