Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

by phantomchick
    Those are seriously nice

Felt sad reading Nightwing #30.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Ideally violence is no better and I`m not defending it but I am saying it`s human to lash out in certain situations. Jason smacking one on Dick for lying about being dead, for having Bruce lie about it as well - when he actually died, isn`t a vague thing he decided to do the moment he woke up. He felt disrespectful and within reason. Dick went as far as saying in the same Exchange he wasn`t apologizing either. Eye foraneye.

Damian...well, he`s 13. He`s afraid he`s losing his father for good and the person he trusts the most in the world seemingly thinks that rescuing his father isn`t the way to do.
    He said sorry and acknowledged that he hurt others. It wouldn't hurt Jason to say sorry too, after everyone calmed down, even if he technically didn't regret it. A proper eye for an eye.
    Last edited by nightbird; 10-13-2017 at 11:55 AM.

It would hurt Jason to say sorry, it really would. Nice, no edge, Jason is so damn boring. The punch was weird because since when did Jason give a shit that much to justify such a reaction.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-13-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Mighty Member

Titans and Nightwing will be in the same week this month. Cool. I would miss my weekly dose of Dick Grayson, but it does free a week to try new books.

Jason's best and most relevant moment was when he was a villain. He is stuck in the rut of irrelevancy and dullness. Even in the Bat familiy, he is not above the likes of Batwoman both in the comics world and in DC's priority list. He is just given to Lobdell to quench his rabid fanbase for these past years. He isn't even that popular. Look at his comics sales: Just barely above the line of cancellation for these past years. In the end this is just my opinion, but his fanbase is really full of teenage edgelords.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Titans and Nightwing will be in the same week this month. Cool. I would miss my weekly dose of Dick Grayson, but it does free a week to try new books.

Jason's best and most relevant moment was when he was a villain. He is stuck in the rut of irrelevancy and dullness. Even in the Bat familiy, he is not above the likes of Batwoman both in the comics world and in DC's priority list. He is just given to Lobdell to quench his rabid fanbase for these past years. He isn't even that popular. Look at his comics sales: Just barely above the line of cancellation for these past years. In the end this is just my opinion, but his fanbase is really full of teenage edgelords.
    Wow. Think of Jason what you will but to call out the fanbase as full of teenage edgelords is going too far, baseless and frankly just rude.

Also you are the one stuck with the mindset that Jason is only relevant as a villainous edgelords. Jason fans are generally happy with where he's at now so stop contradicting yourself.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-13-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Eh, Jason is popular and have a decent sized fanbase, hell he recieves a pretty good treatment of games. Althougth is true that DC doesn't seem willing to do more with him ib other media, outside of Under the Red Hood on repeat.
    Also, the teeanage edgelords part is rude man, you shouldn't generalized.

Spectacular Member

In the end this is just my opinion, but his fanbase is really full of teenage edgelords.
    Teenage edgelords? Gosh...

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The thing with Jason is that the real deal doesn't match the image. He has a really cool look, looks like he is different from the rest of the bats but he isn't People come looking for Punisher but what they get is the bat kid with the most insecurities and daddy issue aside from maybe Damian.

He needs to be a villain. I believe he would sell more if he was still the guy from UTRH.
    Also because every Robin aside from Tim has now died and risen the whole Robin who died thing just feels like the norm now. So that angle is dead now.

Jason's largest fan base want a guy whose guns kill bad people dead [not kneecap them] DC should capitalise on that.
    Lobdell is writing a book full of heart but UTRH and the Arkham games are the things that drew fans. That's the Jason most know and love. It's the popular Jason
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 10-13-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Lightning Strikes

I would say that Jason is probably more popular outside of comics than he is in comics. He has a big following from "casual" fans if you want to use that term. He hasn't had a ton of appearances in media outside of comics, but the stuff he has appeared in reached a TON of people. The UTRH movie and Arkham video games are massively popular and I would argue they dwarf anything Dick has appeared in over that same time span, especially as Nightwing. Nightwing has just never had that "killer" appearance or adaptation in other media that catapults Nightwing into being more recognizable. It is one of the reasons the identity has been stuck where it is for so long.

Jason is probably like Loki from Marvel if I had to find a comparison, who also has a much bigger following outside of comics. If Jason ever appears as Red Hood in the DCEU, especially if he is a villain for Dick's movie, I think it might be like a Thor and Loki situation where he might become just as popular as the main character depending on how the appearance is portrayed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    He needs to be a villain. I believe he would sell more if he was still the guy from UTRH.
    Also because every Robin aside from Tim has now died and risen the whole Robin who died thing just feels like the norm now. So that angle is dead now.
    I don't think he needs to be a full viallain, and if they change him back to Battle for tghe cowl that would definitely cost them a lot of readers. But he should be written darker especially around the other Batfamily characters. Stuff like the Bat-Burger scene is not really helping the character (but as long as King is in charge we will probaly get more crap like this).

I agree with this to extent and tried to voice my opinion but got shot down and butchered instantly. I wouldn't call his fanbase teenage edge lords as that will just irritate them and its not that extreme and that comes across as rude. It is quite often just those who find him 'cooler' and not a 'wuss' like the other robins. It is similar anti hero popularity that made deadpool and deathstroke and too a lesser extent harley popular. I find it more annoying his character does not move forward and we see the angry at batman story repeated hundreds of times in different media and it is way too played out. Injustice 2 seems to have avoided this mostly luckily.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    I agree with this to extent and tried to voice my opinion but got shot down and butchered instantly. I wouldn't call his fanbase teenage edge lords as that will just irritate them and its not that extreme and that comes across as rude. It is quite often just those who find him 'cooler' and not a 'wuss' like the other robins. It is similar anti hero popularity that made deadpool and deathstroke and too a lesser extent harley popular. I find it more annoying his character does not move forward and we see the angry at batman story repeated hundreds of times in different media and it is way too played out. Injustice 2 seems to have avoided this mostly luckily.
    Red Hood's Injustice 2 dialogue is very irritating to me. It's lie it's written by the tumblr crowd. We are still beating the same dead horse are we? It's as irritating as Damian's but at least Damian has some variety in that it's biology or Dick Grayson. If I have to hear about being dead one more time. Dude if the 13yr old can get over it walk it off. Who hasn't died?
    Surely there's more to Jason than dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't think he needs to be a full viallain, and if they change him back to Battle for tghe cowl that would definitely cost them a lot of readers. But he should be written darker especially around the other Batfamily characters. Stuff like the Bat-Burger scene is not really helping the character (but as long as King is in charge we will probaly get more crap like this).
    He was crazy like in Battle for the Cowl but they could have him not quite that crazy. Lose the whole impersonating Batman, let him be Red Hood a villain.
    At the very least make him an anti hero and get rid of the bat brand on his chest.