Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Red Hood's Injustice 2 dialogue is very irritating to me. It's lie it's written by the tumblr crowd. We are still beating the same dead horse are we? It's as irritating as Damian's but at least Damian has some variety in that it's biology or Dick Grayson. If I have to hear about being dead one more time. Dude if the 13yr old can get over it walk it off. Who hasn't died?
    Surely there's more to Jason than dying.
    yeah,that is true a lot injustice 2 character dialogue is one note, i was just happy it wasn't...

'grrr, I'm Red Hood and why didn't bruce avenge me.'
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    I agree with this to extent and tried to voice my opinion but got shot down and butchered instantly. I wouldn't call his fanbase teenage edge lords as that will just irritate them and its not that extreme and that comes across as rude. It is quite often just those who find him 'cooler' and not a 'wuss' like the other robins. It is similar anti hero popularity that made deadpool and deathstroke and too a lesser extent harley popular. I find it more annoying his character does not move forward and we see the angry at batman story repeated hundreds of times in different media and it is way too played out. Injustice 2 seems to have avoided this mostly luckily.
    What I get from this is that you agreed with yohyoi who basically said Jason was only good as a villain and worthless as whatever he is now (meaning he's already moved on from his villain days, for better or worse). Then you turned around and said "his character does not move forward and we see the angry at batman story repeated hundreds of times in different media and it is way too played out". Okay then. I don't even want to touch the latter half of your sentence because you basically just ignored his entire RHATO run since N52.

By the way, if you want to see development, don't look at media where Jason has just made his first appearance jeez. Are you tired of seeing the Waynes' murder? Yes or no, it should start from there no?
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-14-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    What I get from this is that you agreed with yohyoi who basically said Jason was only good as a villain and worthless as whatever he is now (meaning he's already moved on from his villain days, for better or worse). Then you turned around and said "his character does not move forward and we see the angry at batman story repeated hundreds of times in different media and it is way too played out". Okay then. I don't even want to touch the latter half of your sentence because you basically just ignored his entire RHATO run since N52.

By the way, if you want to see development, don't look at media where Jason has just made his first appearance jeez. Are you tired of seeing the Waynes' murder? Yes or no, it should start from there no?
    I believe you have misinterpreted me. Initially I was talking about Jason Todd fan's and YohYoi's opinion of them as edgy teenagers. Then I am talking about everything except his main series where he would develop ( even if it was poorly) under Lobdell but many writers refuse to move past this outside of this keeping him in a rut which he is only just getting out of. I have made this argument before so just condensed it this time, obviously whilst doing that I did not clearly explain myself.Even in the first issue of his rebirth series he almost ending up reverting back to his more villainous attitude even if it was a rouse.
    Also there is a difference between repeating a narrative and making a one note character in alternative media.

Also giving the wayne's as an example is awful, their role is very different as they are simply a plot device. one thing BvS did well was allude to this quickly without beating you over the head with it.
    I don't want to instigate another argument about Jason Todd anyway as I quite like him as a character.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post

I'm sick of seeing the Waynes' murder in BvS I get why it was necessary to retread but if I never see pearls fall in an alley I'd be a happy camper.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-14-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm sick of seeing the Waynes' murder.
    Well yes, many are. Regardless, if you want to do a retelling of Batman in a different medium, you almost always have to include it. What can you do. Similarly, Red Hood should start his story being in conflict with Batman. After that is done, direction can go wherever. Whether the writers "beat you over the head with it" depends on the focus of the story they want to tell.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-14-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Felt sad reading Nightwing #30.
    Why was that?

Idk, I'm perfectly happy with where Jason is now and with his relationship with Dick.

I do agree that Jason has had a lot more exposure as of late, but we are getting Titans and a Nightwing movie at some point, and also steady Nightwing appearances in stuff like Young Justice and the animated movies like the Judas Contract and now in Batman Ninja. Dick will be fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Idk, I'm perfectly happy with where Jason is now and with his relationship with Dick.

I do agree that Jason has had a lot more exposure as of late, but we are getting Titans and a Nightwing movie at some point, and also steady Nightwing appearances in stuff like Young Justice and the animated movies like the Judas Contract and now in Batman Ninja. Dick will be fine.
    Can't get enough of a good thing.

I specifically searched for this thread hahaha, i'm calling it 2018 and beyond is Nightwing time to shine, we're getting a movie, teen titans live action show and Young Justice. It's about time the love spreads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Why was that?
    Because I'm gonna miss Seeley and you get that everything coming full circle for Dick and final issue feel while reading #30

Incredible Member

Think while the reversion of Grayson to the Nightwing persona is “fine” (don’t like the new suit though, even the red was better) the scope of his adventures is a step back from the whole Spyral/Grayson angle. Think that should have continued. Nothing wrong with him being called Agent 39 (or was it 13 I forget) while dressed up in a variation of his Nightwing attire.

What’s he doing these days anyways? Haven’t kept up following the end of Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

What’s he doing these days anyways? Haven’t kept up following the end of Grayson.
    Ex-agent 37 first joined the Court of Owls, to save Damian and put them down. He was helped by Raptor, but he was betrayed too, so they end becoming enemies. Following a conversation with Superman, he went to Bludhaven where he met the Run Offs (ex villain turned good) and Shawn Tsang, his new love interest. She was kid napped by professor Pyg and Dick and Damian went to save her, facing again doctor Hurt and meeting for the first time Deathwing. Dick was cutted by the blade of nothing, that made him see a part of the dark Multiverse (leads into Metal). Then he fought Blockbuster, back to Bludhaven. At the end he and Shawn broke up and he went with Helena in a mission. I think you should read at least this arc, called Spyral. Now he is back again to Bludhaven, facing the wrath of Raptor. Seeley is leaving after this last arc, and Humphries will take on. I think that's all, with as little spoiler as I could.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Ex-agent 37 first joined the Court of Owls, to save Damian and put them down. He was helped by Raptor, but he was betrayed too, so they end becoming enemies. Following a conversation with Superman, he went to Bludhaven where he met the Run Offs (ex villain turned good) and Shawn Tsang, his new love interest. She was kid napped by professor Pyg and Dick and Damian went to save her, facing again doctor Hurt and meeting for the first time Deathwing. Dick was cutted by the blade of nothing, that made him see a part of the dark Multiverse (leads into Metal). Then he fought Blockbuster, back to Bludhaven. At the end he and Shawn broke up and he went with Helena in a mission. I think you should read at least this arc, called Spyral. Now he is back again to Bludhaven, facing the wrath of Raptor. Seeley is leaving after this last arc, and Humphries will take on. I think that's all, with as little spoiler as I could.
    Thanks - quite succinct. My first reaction was 😕 though mainly cos I see the return to Blüdhaven a bit counter progressive. That said it’s still better than bein in Gotham. I’m more for characters to grow and develop and the whole concept of Grayson (as a character) is that he’s the “one” person that proper progress was made and stuck to (not being 100% literal but I’m sure you get me).

Quote Originally Posted by GeeksetPodcast View Post
    I specifically searched for this thread hahaha, i'm calling it 2018 and beyond is Nightwing time to shine, we're getting a movie, teen titans live action show and Young Justice. It's about time the love spreads!!!
    I hope his role in YJ will be bigger and more important in season 3. Current DCAU also need to step up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I hope his role in YJ will be bigger and more important in season 3. Current DCAU also need to step up their game.
    Agreed, he needs a bigger presence in the show