BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It would hurt Jason to say sorry, it really would. Nice, no edge, Jason is so damn boring. The punch was weird because since when did Jason give a **** that much to justify such a reaction.
    Yeah the punch was weird but people with the moral high ground isn`t.

You like Dick on this pedestal, we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

He was never on any pedestal, but good to know, that you see it like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Titans and Nightwing will be in the same week this month. Cool. I would miss my weekly dose of Dick Grayson, but it does free a week to try new books.

Jason's best and most relevant moment was when he was a villain. He is stuck in the rut of irrelevancy and dullness. Even in the Bat familiy, he is not above the likes of Batwoman both in the comics world and in DC's priority list. He is just given to Lobdell to quench his rabid fanbase for these past years. He isn't even that popular. Look at his comics sales: Just barely above the line of cancellation for these past years. In the end this is just my opinion, but his fanbase is really full of teenage edgelords.
    Yohyoi, you can step down your high horse, thankyouverymuch.

If success in other media translated directly into comics, Spiderman would be selling much better than it is. So would Black Panther. So would Wonder Woman. Batman right now is an anomaly in the comic market and even his sales aren`t the high they were under Snyder. They still remain popular to varying degrees because of how lasting and impactful they are in several media. Such is the case with Red Hood.

Red Hood is undeniably popular given the response to the lack of promotion by DC from the fans. In fact, despite it and no ammount of calling his fanbase a "bunch of teenager edgelords" changes that. His fanbase grew larger ever since he stopped being briefly misplaced in the villain catalogue (which to start with he only was in one or two storyarcs). You don`t have to like it (and if I recall you originally didn`t because it painted other characters like Tim as less popular in comparison, hum?) but that`s the way things are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I see it like it is. Dick is usually sold like this golden boy that promotes inspiration and truth from everyone, Superman included. Now sure, this is on writers so I`m not flagging the character but to call it like there isn`t such a thing would be intlectually dishonest and that`s not my beach.

And it`s on writers to, but they sure used Dick as a mouthpiece for crapping on Jason in the decades he was dead, it wasn`t just Bruce, I didn`t invented that either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I'm not saying that Jason can't be pissed because Dick didn't tell them he was alive but physically assaulting him was completely out of order. If you ignore the fact that Dick did die, which you seem intent on , and the altruistic reasons he joined Spyral, Jason could have had the moral high ground in their argument. He threw it away when he started throwing punches though
    I don`t know. Does it serve Jason`s character being the guy who is pleaded with trust arguments and moral talks and then just...stands there as the same people go the distance and do those same sort of things? Dick lied about his fate and suddently shows up to basically ask their help in cracking a code under Spyral`s no-noses.

Hey, maybe Jason did it to sell the "performance" for real

He is, why do you think that the idea of killing him was such a big deal in Infinite Crisis.

And it`s on writers to, but they sure used Dick as a mouthpiece for crapping on Jason in the decades he was dead, it wasn`t just Bruce, I didn`t invented that either.
    To be fair, it was all the Batfamily.

I don`t know. Does it serve Jason`s character being the guy who is pleaded with trust arguments and moral talks and then just...stands there as the same people go the distance and do those same sort of things? Dick lied about his fate and suddently shows up to basically ask their help in cracking a code under Spyral`s no-noses.
    That he is pissed make sense, but being so emotional about it is the part that raise my eyebrows, insulting him and make snarky remarks about him. But puching, like he was super hurt by his actions, that does seem OCC for me. Tim's reaction doesn't make much sense either.

BANNED

I know, I`m just including him for argument`s sake.

And that`s not me crapping on the characters, is on the writers but let`s not pretend it didn`t happen either.

And that`s not me crapping on the characters, is on the writers but let`s not pretend it didn`t happen either.
    Hey, i don't pretend man, Tim is my favorite Robin, but i always has problems with the Dixon run for the amount of victim blaming there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Hey, i don't pretend man, Tim is my favorite Robin, but i always has problems with the Dixon run for the amount of victim blaming there.
    I mean in general terms, again for argument`s sake
    Last edited by Aioros22; 10-16-2017 at 11:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That he is pissed make sense, but being so emotional about it is the part that raise my eyebrows, insulting him and make snarky remarks about him. But puching, like he was super hurt by his actions, that does seem OCC for me. Tim's reaction doesn't make much sense either.
    I think the material we have shows that these two may indeed care for each other more than they ever let on but I`m not disagreeing if someone feels it was a bit OCC compared with some other story. It made sense with what they were writting the story for I think. We shouldn`t forget this came after similar mistrusting storylines like the aftermath of Death of The Family and Damian dying.

Lords know I still cringe reading Bruce`s lecture about Trust right before they stormed Apokolips and Dick was just there playing Casper on their heads. In that narrative line it felt emotional but more of a "oh fvck this, not you too?"
    Last edited by Aioros22; 10-16-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Thanks - quite succinct. My first reaction was �� though mainly cos I see the return to Blüdhaven a bit counter progressive. That said it’s still better than bein in Gotham. I’m more for characters to grow and develop and the whole concept of Grayson (as a character) is that he’s the “one” person that proper progress was made and stuck to (not being 100% literal but I’m sure you get me).
    This Bludhaven is quite different from the Dixon's one. I think you should give it a chance. I'm not a greatest fan of Seeley, but he made a great work with Nightwing's enemies, I like a lot Raptor and his new Blockbuster. He is also more than good in Dd dynamic, and in writing Helena and Tiger, too. I understand what your mean about Grayson, and this is clearly not the same, but is still a growing up. We all know how he wanted to came back as Nightwing and he is them both right now: Grayson and Nightwing. I look at this serie like another progress in Dick's life, and in a way I think it is. If you want, you can try Spyral and I also suggest you Blockbuster arc, my favorite, together with the prologue Split second.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

Unless Dick starts cutting off heads and sticking them in duffel bags, Dick is always gonna have motal high ground when it comes to Jason. So no, not so weird. But so what? Goodie two shoes Jason is utterly irrelevant and boring anyway. He shouldn't give a ****. Jason and Dick were not close.

What i don't like is Jason putting Dick on a pedestal.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-16-2017 at 12:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Unless Dick starts cutting off heads and sticking them in duffel bags, Dick is always gonna have motal high ground when it comes to Jason. So no, not so weird. But so what? Goodie two shoes Jason is utterly irrelevant and boring anyway. He shouldn't give a ****.
    It`s not as artsy as beating a crook to a bloody pulp and using his blood to draw pretty pictures on your chest or cheating on your spouse with your ex and invite her for the wedding the next morning, I gather.

Ya, because thats comparative to muder and mutilation.