by Marcus To, tumblr.

Mighty Member

That guy on twitter sounds like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I'd bet that DCs new commitment to Bludhaven is about their plans outside of comics.
    Of course. Although they never seem to give us the Starfire/Dick relationship that is everywhere but the comics.

Astonishing Member

Eh, I'll give it a shot. Not writing nothing off before I read it. Been presently surprised by Seeley's bludhaven.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Of course. Although they never seem to give us the Starfire/Dick relationship that is everywhere but the comics.
    That's likely because Nightwing is a part of Batman's world and somebody like Starfire doesn't fit there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That's likely because Nightwing is a part of Batman's world and somebody like Starfire doesn't fit there.
    That wasn't a problem before Dixon's run.

That wasn't a problem before Dixon's run.
    The bat office took a hold on Nightwing since the mid 90s and never let it go since then, it was doomed when the Titans franchise flopped and before Dixon started his run (hell that was the whole reason of why the marriage was aborted).

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I'd bet that DCs new commitment to Bludhaven is about their plans outside of comics.
    Very likely. They had to drag the Titans into Bludhaven for that Titans show because there isn't enough there for Dick or Nightwing to carry a show in Bludhaven, lol.

I'm still hoping that the Nightwing movie doesn't involve Bludhaven, but sadly it probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    If they keep at Bludhaven and really build up the city than it can fix everyone's complaints about the lack of personality to the city and what not.
    They've only had 20 years to turn Bludhaven into something and failed, but yeah, I'm sure all the need is a few more years to get it right.

They've only had 20 years to turn Bludhaven into something and failed, but yeah, I'm sure all the need is a few more years to get it right.*
    Eh, Bludhaven lasted almost 10 years and the last 3 or 4 felt like Devin Grayson toring the whole thing apart little by little

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They've only had 20 years to turn Bludhaven into something and failed, but yeah, I'm sure all the need is a few more years to get it right.
    Well, it's comics. Never say never .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, Bludhaven lasted almost 10 years and the last 3 or 4 felt like Devin Grayson toring the whole thing apart little by little
    20 year since it was introduced. Even if writers did't use Bludhaven it was still available for them so that is time they could have used to try and develop it, but they just didn't like it or had other ideas for very legitimate reasons.

Incredible Member

I always thought Starfire wasn't used because the book was going with a more realistic crime feel, while Starfire was considered more science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's comics. Never say never .
    If a writer can make Bludhaven into something good for Dick then I'll shut up, but I haven't read it yet. So far all attempts have failed and the mountain to climb to make it work gets steeper and steeper with every attempt.

Same with the Titans franchise to be honest. I don't think the modern Titans franchise is good for Dick either and I need to see a story to make it work for me to buy in. Until then I'll continue to be against them.

I like Bludhaven. I loved Dick being a spy and Globe trotting but since we are back to Nightwing Dick needs a city and Blud is as good as any.

A good writer makes it work Seeley gave the city a revamp making it feel exciting .

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Dick needs a city
    Why does he need a city? If you want him to have a "home base" then there is Gotham, Haly's Circus, and the Titans Tower. All are places Dick has a much deeper and emotional connection with than Bludhaven.

20 year since it was introduced. Even if writers did't use Bludhaven it was still available for them so that is time they could have used to try and develop it, but they just didn't like it or had other ideas for very legitimate reasons.
    If definetly wasn't available during the last years or Pre-Flashpoint with the whole town being nuke and almost everything that was built there in ashes (and i doubt that DC would want to undo that all that soon with Infinite Crisis being what it was) Higgins never used it but he was a fan of Dixon's run and seemed to be building Chicago in a similar vein (why he didn't use Haven i wouldn't know), i don't know what Seely and King thougth about the place, but i doubt that they dislike it, they just were doing another type of book with the characther, i hear that Seely has to go to Bludhaven for editorial decisions, but they gave him complete creative control of it, they really only tried to build the place during the Dixon's days , but nuked it didn't fit Dick's problems either. At the end, i'm not really the biggest fan of the place (how Dick is written is far more important for me that wathever setting they put him it), but i don't think that the place is completly worthless, the new version of Blockbuster was quite interesting if you ask me, but of course that just boilds down to personal opinion, frankly i'm far more worried for Dick's voice in this run that anything else.