Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No it was not. Helped the Nightwing identity survive actually, and not end up like the other Titans.
    I suppose that puts it in perspective. The Titans property was running out of gas, and God knows the rest of them aren't doing so hot either. Though I think that Wally, while he was the Flash, was doing better than any of them.

But I wish Nightwing had stayed in the wider DC universe and done something new instead of going back to the Bat-Clan. It's seemed like a step backwards that it's never really recovered from.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think plenty of good has come out of it, not the least of which being Nightwing being as important to the family as he is.

I think he was going for a mix of both.
    I think Dick being the original Robin is what makes him important, not being Nightwing. He got an ongoing series, which not many characters can claim, but not much of note actually came from it. I think the best use of him in the Bat-Family was easily being Batman II to Damian's Robin. Otherwise, he was just the nice pretty boy all the girls gushed over but didn't get to do anything besides Batman-lite stuff in discount Gotham.

Seeley went for a mix of both, but I think if he had his way, the Dixon stuff wouldn't be around.

Over 20 years of consistent publication came from it. 20+ years of consistent, and ongoing, story content. Thats not a step back, thats the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Another girlfriend must be beating him up.
    Lol. You always have some of the best comments Godlike13

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    maybe nightwing should move to the justice league editorial, maybe that would help with some of problems he has. he would feel more connected to the greater dcu while still being in bludhaven.
    This, 100%. As long as he's still chained to the Bat editors, he'll only be "the first Robin." At most, he'd be "the replacement Batman." He was the first (post-JL) teen hero, who grew up alongside the entire community of heroes. He was a leader worthy of the current generation and the inspiration for the next one. He is absolutely none of that right now.

That's not to say Bat editors are doing a bad job or anything, but the Batfamily is much too big for any one character to be important (except for Bruce, of course). At least with the JL editors, Dick would actually get to appear in other books and have other characters appear in his book. He'd feel like part of the community again, and that's so much better than being semi-important in one family of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    This, 100%. As long as he's still chained to the Bat editors, he'll only be "the first Robin." At most, he'd be "the replacement Batman." He was the first (post-JL) teen hero, who grew up alongside the entire community of heroes. He was a leader worthy of the current generation and the inspiration for the next one. He is absolutely none of that right now.

That's not to say Bat editors are doing a bad job or anything, but the Batfamily is much too big for any one character to be important (except for Bruce, of course). At least with the JL editors, Dick would actually get to appear in other books and have other characters appear in his book. He'd feel like part of the community again, and that's so much better than being semi-important in one family of heroes.
    yeap dick feels like he's too much under batman to stand on his own. I mean look at the logo on his book, it's freaking batman's. how is that getting out batman's shadow and being your own man? lol watch the justice league action cartoon or injustice 2, dick has almost no consistent relationships or interactions with 95% of the characters(except batfam). with dick a still a little to much under batman and still titan, currently the only thing that separates dick as nightwing from his status as robin is bludhaven. nightwing should be a bigger player in the wider dcu with dcu greatest and biggest heroes.

I'm probably the only one who would like this but I'd love for dick to work part time for argus(sense spyral is basically done and dc is more interested in argus) and be dc top spy, also the liaison for the league. basically steve trevors job part time with bludhaven.

Link to a preview of the new issue of Nightwing, via a small detour by Tim Seeleys Twitter.

https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...97224096956416

Sorry, I'm on my phone and I'm terrible with links anyway.

Mighty Member

Gonna miss Seeley

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Gonna miss Seeley
    I'm already missing him

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    A robin outfit.
    OMG you're right how did I miss that. I thought it was a turkey
    The look on his face lol

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Say Hello to my little friend Bruce and Robin Dick

Batman Black and White

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Dick is the definition of a beautiful man. I need this.

Love that Damian is identified as Damian not by the his mantle

Would y'all read a book where Nightwing becomes a blue lantern? I always thought he would make sense as one, and his costume's colors could be inverted to show the change.