BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    He was for a while, tho. It was the reboot that changed that. And Tim is obviously clever enough to be an asset to the company, as is Damian. Dick would be, too, if you know, he cared, lol. Back to Tim, he definitely should have a claim as he's more or less Bruce's son in the same way Dick is, and I mean Bruce is his legal guardian for a reason.

Idk about Dick and Wayne Enterprises., it could go against the current Robin Hood inspiration stuff which I really like. I mean, it could definitely be done, but the writer would have to care about that aspect.

I think it was mentioned that Dick might end up a cop again in this thread, and if he does, I hope he quickly moves up to being a Detective so he'd get to deal with the bigger cases and gets to do detective work, instead of being a beat cop and having to deal with the corruption and such like he's already done. I mean, I wouldn't even mind if he rarely appeared as Nightwing within the book itself and most of the focus was on all the good he does as Dick, while other books like Titans have to carry the lion share of Nightwing badassery (assuming that book gets a new writer that would be up for that, of course). Does Bludhaven need a full time superhero protector if it has a full time supercop? One who could actually interact with people and give interviews to the media in a way even Nightwing can't? Idk, I kinda like the idea of Dick Grayson being Bludhaven's hero, while he's one of the world's greatest heroes as Nightwing (again, assuming a Titans writer who actually wants to elevate the team is in charge).
    Bruce is still Tim's legal guardian? Ugh. Is he still "Timmy-Poo Wayne"?

I always thought Dick would make a great teacher.

He's been one of DC's greatest leaders for decades. He's been a teacher to younger heroes for years. Seems like a natural fit for the character.

Make him a teacher at Gotham Academy, have him eventually rise up to the role of Headmaster.

The hours aren't a total killer, especially if he gets some under-the-table help from Alfred when it comes to grading papers, and he gets the summer off. Teachers still put in some crazy hours, but they're not always on call like a cop is and they're out of work at a fairly early hour each day. Grayson could go home, knock out a class plan for the following day, grab a couple hours of sleep, and then head out to the rooftops for the night. Grab a couple hours of sleep early in the morning and be back in the classroom before the bell rings.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    We just had this after Forever Evil. The whole world knew who Nightwing was. Unfortunately DC decided to not really do anything with it and just had Dick fake his death then go be a spy and then used a super satellite that will never be used again to make everyone forget who Nightwing was except for a few people like Bruce, lol.
    I kinda wish we got a story where that backfired and everyone including the family forgot about him.

Yes to the first and no to the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    In the last issue of Tec Bruce said he was Tim's guardian. Tim also said the manor was the only place he felt like home. Which is weird because he has parents, right up until he ruined their lives and imprisoned them in his nightmare technology prison. Sorry, safe house. They seemed nice and supportive at his gymnastic events. I have no idea if all that's been scrapped.

@LadyNightwing
    If his pre-flashpoint origin is back, some of that stament would make sense.

I wish Tynion would clarify the situation with his parents, in the book. Not social media. Those two origins can't coexist.

I hope it too, i would prefer to had Tim back to his Pre-IC status.
    I kinda wish we got a story where that backfired and everyone including the family forgot about him.
    Huh, that could have been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    That's an even better idea. Someone get DC on the phone!

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

Why we talkin bout Tim?

Why we talkin bout Tim?
    Sligth deviation, it happens every now and then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I know its silly to complain about realism in comics but Dick being a cop really stretched mine. Between the time restraints and gun he should've been fired after a week.
    As long as we're regurgitating old plotlines, why not bring back Starfire as a girlfriend for Dick? It's been--what?--twenty or thirty years?
    Last edited by oasis1313; 10-31-2017 at 08:15 PM.

As long as we're regurgitating old plotlines, why not bring back Starfire as a girlfriend for Dick? It's been--what?--twenty or thirty years?
    I could get behind that. How would you make it happen?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I hope it too, i would prefer to had Tim back to his Pre-IC status.

Huh, that could have been fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That's an even better idea. Someone get DC on the phone!
    I actually think it could be interesting with the right writer too.

Cause we aren't allowed anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I always thought Dick would make a great teacher.

He's been one of DC's greatest leaders for decades. He's been a teacher to younger heroes for years. Seems like a natural fit for the character.

Make him a teacher at Gotham Academy, have him eventually rise up to the role of Headmaster.

The hours aren't a total killer, especially if he gets some under-the-table help from Alfred when it comes to grading papers, and he gets the summer off. Teachers still put in some crazy hours, but they're not always on call like a cop is and they're out of work at a fairly early hour each day. Grayson could go home, knock out a class plan for the following day, grab a couple hours of sleep, and then head out to the rooftops for the night. Grab a couple hours of sleep early in the morning and be back in the classroom before the bell rings.
    I really like this idea, but idk about Gotham Academy. It definitely could've saved that series if that entire cast just moved over to Nightwing and it'd even give us Nightwing and Robin team-ups and more Damian/Maps shipping, but at this point, after all the trouble Seeley went to bring Bludhaven back (and Humphries is seemingly running with that), it'd be a waste if he just moved back to Gotham. Maybe Dick could start his own private school with Wayne funds for less fortunate students? It'd give him a reason to interact with people like Shawn and Detective Svoboda (as they may be able to give him info on the background of his students and such).

As that's literally what Rebirth is and we're finally getting all these heroes remarried, why not build back up to Dick and Kory finally getting married?