Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Also, I definitely think Dick and Diana could've worked in the early years of the New 52 before the SM/WW romance, but it'd be weird now with Diana's history restored. If were going with someone older, I'd prefer someone like Zatanna (for what I assume are obvious reasons).
    That would feel really weird now that they've re-connected Zatanna and Batman and established they knew each other as kids.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    While we're speaking of trying to pump a dry well, I've long felt that Bludhaven is long tapped out for fresh storylines. But I do like the idea of Princess Diana--QUEEN of the Cougars.
    Well, I do think Dick needs a city to call home, and I'd rather he stay out of Gotham. So he's gotta live *somewhere* and it seems to me Bludhaven is as good as anywhere else. Though I did like the idea of him in Chicago; that's a great town with a lot of personality.

Where would you put him? Or would you have him be a globe trotter full time?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Except Starfire is not more connected then Babs. Most if not all of Starfire's connections are Titans related.
    she isa rather limited chracters, i wish she was friends with supergirl or somthing

It sounds like people want him to have a more "connected" love interest, in that sphere or something, but I'd don't know who'd fit the bill without making it weird, on the top of my head Black Canary fits the bill, but she is off limits for a multitude of reasons and it would just be plain wrong, but idk maybe Hawkgirl could be interesting.

I know the Titans are a famous team but they are pretty insular in the way they only really interact with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    she isa rather limited chracters, i wish she was friends with supergirl or somthing
    I'm pretty sure Babs is friends with Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    It sounds like people want him to have a more "connected" love interest, in that sphere or something, but I'd don't know who'd fit the bill without making it weird, on the top of my head Black Canary fits the bill, but she is off limits for a multitude of reasons and it would just be plain wrong, but idk maybe Hawkgirl could be interesting.
    The problem with hooking anyone up with Hawkgirl is that they'll inevitably end up just being a placeholder before she gets back with Hawkman.

It would be the same with Black Canary and anybody not named Green Arrow (plus, as you said, it would just be wrong).

The problem with hooking anyone up with Hawkgirl is that they'll inevitably end up just being a placeholder before she gets back with Hawkman.*
    Yeah, i don't think that anyone wants Dick to go for the same path than Roy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, i don't think that anyone wants Dick to go for the same path than Roy
    Y'know, I was actually going to mention the whole thing with Roy as an example .

Y'know, I was actually going to mention the whole thing with Roy as an example*.
    Poor guy, always going for the wrong girl

Well, if you're not going to revisit a former love interest, why does the new one have to be an established character at all? Why not create a new one custom made for Nightwing?

Or have him date several girls at once, and see where that takes you. I think you could manage it without making Dick look like a total douche if he stays honest and upfront with everyone and everyone's on the same page. See where that goes and let the narrative write itself.

If it does have to be an established character.....

How about Power Girl? She's around the same age (I think? Karen is weird). She's got a fierce temper and plenty of confidence and attitude, which seems to be a draw for Dick. No love interest to speak of (unlike Hawkgirl or Dinah). She's tall, mouthy, smart, powerful, gorgeous.....seems like Dick's type. And they're both the most objectified heroes of their respective genders in the DCU. Sure, she's probably off the table until the JSA officially return (didn't stop Harley though) but that'll happen soon enough. I'd love to see this just because it'd be sort of like Dick marrying into the Super-family, and I've wanted to see his ties to Clark built up ever since I discovered that they *have* ties, while going through some old Silver Age collection (no idea which one).

If someone closer to Gotham....how about Roxy Rocket? She's got bad girl appeal, she can keep up with Dick, she's under the Bat editorial umbrella, and she's basically a blank slate to build a character on. Plus; redhead. And even though she's only shown up for like, ten minutes total across all cartoons and comics, the people who know about her love her.

And of course there's always Harley. Former sidekick to the Bat's worst enemy and now gratuitously violent anti-hero and Mayoral candidate for NYC. They'd be like the Montague and Capulet of DC!

Nah, just kidding about that last one. Dont throw me outta the forums!
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-02-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Power Girl is a character I've been wanting to see Dick with since before the New 52, but it is tough to keep caring about it given the character doesn't currently exist in the main DCU, lol.

But she checks all the boxes I'd like to see in a new love interest. She is an already established hero with some name value, she is connected to the JSA and Superman family so you have opportunities for Dick to have more interactions outside of the Batman family and Titans, and she has a outgoing and powerful personality that I think would mesh well with Dick's.

One of the things I do like about Starfire is that she is a super powered character and I always felt Dick worked well when paired with a super powered character. So that is an aspect I liked as well about Power Girl. Also she is kryptonian, which is an alien race in the DCU that matters, but unlike Starfire she looks like a normal human. So she can blend in easier and you can have them do normal date things as well without her sticking out. Then I'd love to see Dick more connected with the Superman family too and that is a way to do that.

But given that the character doesn't exist currently in the DCU it is tough to see anything happen with it.

Mighty Member

I wish they didn't de-age Supergirl cause she could've been the one. But nope

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I do think Dick needs a city to call home, and I'd rather he stay out of Gotham. So he's gotta live *somewhere* and it seems to me Bludhaven is as good as anywhere else. Though I did like the idea of him in Chicago; that's a great town with a lot of personality.

Where would you put him? Or would you have him be a globe trotter full time?
    Maybe Dick doesn't need a city but a smaller town, so he emulates Gotham and Metropolis less.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I wish they didn't de-age Supergirl cause she could've been the one. But nope
    How old is Supergirl in Rebirth anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Power Girl is a character I've been wanting to see Dick with since before the New 52, but it is tough to keep caring about it given the character doesn't currently exist in the main DCU, lol.
    She showed up in Harley Quinn, at least. And she'll be back with the JSA I'd imagine, and that's coming fairly soon (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Maybe Dick doesn't need a city but a smaller town, so he emulates Gotham and Metropolis less.
    That'd be an interesting idea. Are you suggesting something like Smallville, an *actual* small town, or a smaller neighborhood in a larger city like Burnside?

~ Black Panther.