I'm not really concerned about how much promotion he gets, but how wrong DC actually promotes him. What the point of all those promotions if they still push him everywhere as "Batman's sidekick" rather than "solo superhero".
    He is part of the Batman line, his story with him is was made him popular and so he is stuck in "former sidekick now going solo hero that ocassionally aids Batman" archetype.

Hey man, we can dream.
    Not as long as i'm around

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He is part of the Batman line, his story with him is was made him popular and so he is stuck in "former sidekick now going solo hero that ocassionally aids Batman" archetype.
    See thats fine for media centered solely around Batman, of course Dick will fulfill that role as Batman's aid.

Which is why support for any media where upon Dick gets to be the center should definitely be shown when it drops. I really hope that Titans show works out, I mean if that God awful Arrow show can go on for so many seasons surely this will flourish.

Not as long as i'm around
    Awww

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Gen13 is canon in DCU?
    Not to my knowledge, no. But Midnighter and Apollo are Wildstorm and there they are in the DCU. DC bought Wildstorm for pretty much the sole purpose of bringing Jim Lee into the fold, but they can pick and choose what characters to introduce into their current canon.
    Why not bring back Fairchild for Dick? She's superstrong, almost invulnerable, wears a costume that leaves her entire butt exposed, and for Dick's sake, she's a redhead. I wouldn't mind bringing Kory back, either, if they did it without the usual sloppiness.

Which is why*support*for any media where upon*Dick*gets to be the center should definitely be shown when it drops. I really hope that Titans show works out, I mean if that God awful Arrow show can go on for so many seasons surely this will flourish.
    I pretty much agrees with you and i think that it would last (if Legends of Tomorrow can last, sure this one can too). But DC doesn't know how to promote characther beyond the A List.

I pretty much agrees with you and i think that it would last (if Legends of Tomorrow can last, sure this one can too). But DC doesn't know how to promote characther beyond the A List.
    True, dc sucks at their jobs, water is wet, what can ya do. :P But see now, this aint me saying that Dick shouldnt be promoted, rather that commercialization and marketing is one thing but how well the actual program is executed is another, and as long as the tv show can actually present the characters well and deliver upon a worthwhile program then thats the strongest form of 'promotion' in my mind. Advertise and promote all you want, but nothing can top 'quality'.

Social media and word of mouth for things like movies and tv shows is a powerful tool. Look at the people still begging for the animated Teen Titans show to return, look at the love that Young Justice received, so much so that a new season is now in the works. Pushing a character onto an audience is one thing but actually delivering a character worth an audiences attention should be priority for them, this will be one of Dicks first and most notable presentations as a superhero for an adult audience, it needs to leave an impact, a mostly good one. I just hope DC is investing in directors and writers for this thing, considering this and the future Nightwing movie.

Mighty Member

Hahaha

People complaining about DC's use of its characters is a classic. You can see it even in the Supes and Wondy threads. General rule is that Batman is the main focus of DC. Anyone else is 2nd choices.

Look at the WW movie. It was a success but DC has not really pushed her after. An animated movie wouldn't hurt, but latest we can get it is probably 2019; which is a maybe. Not to mention the Injustice games...

You get used to it. We have a long and slow uphill climb to better representations of Dick.

@RedBird
    Am i would be pretty happy if you are alrigth and actually think that there is a chance, i'm all in for a great Dick Grayson/Nightwing movie (that is still his better identity, no matter what most people on this thread said ) and the future doesn't look too gloom in that regard. But until i see results, i'm not going to hold my breath, i been dissapointed before.
    Last edited by TheCape; 11-15-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Mighty Member

@RedBird
    Am i would be pretty happy if you are alrigth and actually think that there is a chance, i'm all in for a great Dick Grayson/Nightwing movie (that is still his better identity, no matter what most people on this thread said ) and the future doesn't look to gloom in that regaed. But until i see results, i'm not going to hold my breath, i been dissapointrd before.
    Which is good. Being realistic is the smart way.

In the end, we are consumers. If they make a great movie/series/comics, people will buy and fans will continue being fans.

@RedBird
    Am i would be pretty happy if you are alrigth and actually think that there is a chance, i'm all in for a great Dick Grayson/Nightwing movie (that is still his better identity, no matter what most people on this thread said ) and the future doesn't look to gloom in that regaed. But until i see results, i'm not going to hold my breath, i been dissapointrd before.
    I'm with you dude, I ain't expecting greatness, but if people want Nightwing to lift off the ground, I think its unfortunately going to happen with good executions of storytelling in media rather than just 'promotion'. So like, that thing that DC has an even harder time achieving.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Which is good. Being realistic is the smart way.

In the end, we are consumers. If they make a great movie/series/comics, people will buy and fans will continue being fans.
    Exactly

That's why I said it's wrong promotion. Almost in all stuff that he appears they don't even try to flesh out his character, he is basically "adult Robin, but he is not Robin, he has no "conflict" with Batman that we can use, so whatever". He doesn't give "independent hero" vibe and it hurts his credibility.
    I'm not gonna count "solo Nightwing movie" as something yet. It's not a sure deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I'm not gonna count "solo Nightwing movie" as something yet. It's not a sure deal.
    Despite the enthusiasm shown for that, I think DC may be considering this too, they may just be using the Titans tv show to 'test the waters' so to speak, for a Nightwing movie, even more pressure to add to his presence on that show. :/

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Not to my knowledge, no. But Midnighter and Apollo are Wildstorm and there they are in the DCU. DC bought Wildstorm for pretty much the sole purpose of bringing Jim Lee into the fold, but they can pick and choose what characters to introduce into their current canon.
    Why not bring back Fairchild for Dick? She's superstrong, almost invulnerable, wears a costume that leaves her entire butt exposed, and for Dick's sake, she's a redhead. I wouldn't mind bringing Kory back, either, if they did it without the usual sloppiness.
    I always liked Sarah more than Caitlin But I don't think super-powered girlfriend is an answer. Maybe he should stay single for a while..

Caitlin Fairchild existed in the New 52, she had an encounter with Tim's TT crew and former hos own called "The Ravargers" (they didn't last more than 12 issues).

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Despite the enthusiasm shown for that, I think DC may be considering this too, they may just be using the Titans tv show to 'test the waters' so to speak, for a Nightwing movie, even more pressure to add to his presence on that show. :/
    If DCEU was stable I wouldn't worry about that, but who knows what will happen with that universe after JL/Aquaman or allegedly planned Flashpoint.
    I always thought though, that Titans was their way to expose brand and Dick's name to masses, rather than "testing the water", like what The Flash show did before Barry's movie counterpart debuted on the big screen.