Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    This outfit is so ridiculously EXTRA, like with the unnecessary little rope ties along the wrist and waist, but I'm SO glad they let the artist have fun with it. Sejics work is so damn pretty
    Dick rocking that midriff better than Supergirl

Yeah, I do think Dick being the "nice one" is overemphasized a lot. One of the best things about Seeley's run is that Dick is an absolute ******* at times to people, and not just villains, but sometimes his loved ones like Bruce, Damian or Shawn, lol. I know that sounds bad, but I just like that Seeley wasn't afraid to write Dick like a real person and not just an angsty teddy bear or something.

I don't think using Batman as a problem of Dick's rise to greater heights is right. Both characters can be represented well without one character losing for the other.*
    It can be for sure, as you saod i don't think that is impossible for Dick to rise and not make Batman look bad, but i don't think that DC see it in that way.

Yeah, I do think Dick being the "nice one" is overemphasized a lot. One of the best things about Seeley's run is that Dick is an absolute ******* at times to people, and not just villains, but sometimes his loved ones like Bruce, Damian or Shawn, lol. I know that sounds bad, but I just like that Seeley wasn't afraid to write Dick like a real person and not just an angsty teddy bear or something.
    That is one of the most old flaws of Dick, when he is stressed or upset, he can easily turn into an ashole toward the people that loves him

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It can be for sure, as you saod i don't think that is impossible for Dick to rise and not make Batman look bad, but i don't think that DC see it in that way.
    Eh, who knows what DC is thinking these days other than "How to get some of that MCU monies?"...

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I don't think using Batman as a problem of Dick's rise to greater heights is right.
    Exactly, Batman aint the problem, his existence shouldnt be an issue to Dick. If there are reservations on using Dick from dc I cant speak on that front but realistically they can both co exist and even prehaps help to characterise or define each other through their dynamic, I mean, thats literally how their whole relationship works and was best developed.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Dick will continue being used. Anyone who tells you no is mad. The character has the history to back it up. Will it be great? Hopefully.
    Hopefully yeah, I mean as long as Dick is used ( which he usually is) Im sure there will be some good or even great portrayls of him, there outta be.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I cant say im a huge fan of Seeleys run but Im right there with ya on that aspect. Dick acting out and actually being rough and or snappy at even loved ones felt entirely accurate to his personality, especially with the pressure he was under.

Another thing I'm glad Seeley started bringing back is how much of a workaholic Dick can be. In a lot of respects like that, Dick is really not different from Batman, but it's a similarity that makes sense for who he is (since Bruce is his mentor), but without making him seem like a "Batman-lite" that we get sometimes. So Dick putting his mission first and unintentionally having commitment issues because of it was a good way to drive the drama in the book, instead of just writing the characters poorly.

And I have to agree, I'm pretty optimistic about Dick in other media now. If Titans turns out good, that'll be a big boost for him, and Young Justice also has a strong following from teens and adults, and there's the rising hype about his DCEU movie. Even if the movie doesn't happen, there are more people thinking about Nightwing then there were a few years ago simply by it being talked about so much. And I'm not sure the Batman Ninja or future Teen Titans animated movies will do much for him, they could still turn out to be good takes on his character for us to enjoy.

Extraordinary Member

@the who gets the most promotion thing

In the time Jason appeared in just one animated movie Dick was in:
    - Under the Red Hood
    - 5 of the DCUAOM Movies (Son of Batman, Batman vs. Robin, Bad Blood, JLA vs. Titans, Judas Contract)
    - all 3 Batman Unlimited Movies (Animal Instincts, Monster Mayhem, Mechs vs. Mutants) and several of the shorts set in that universe
    - Batman and Harley Quinn
    - very likely JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time
    - the Lego Batman movie
    - at least 2 other Lego movies ("Gotham City Breakout" and "Batman: Be-Leaguered")

And on top of that he was one of the main characters in "Young Justice" and is still in "Teen Titans Go".

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    @the who gets the most promotion thing

In the time Jason appeared in just one animated movie Dick was in:
    - Under the Red Hood
    - 5 of the DCUAOM Movies (Son of Batman, Batman vs. Robin, Bad Blood, JLA vs. Titans, Judas Contract)
    - all 3 Batman Unlimited Movies (Animal Instincts, Monster Mayhem, Mechs vs. Mutants) and several of the shorts set in that universe
    - Batman and Harley Quinn
    - very likely JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time
    - the Lego Batman movie
    - at least 2 other Lego movies ("Gotham City Breakout" and "Batman: Be-Leaguered")

And on top of that he was one of the main characters in "Young Justice" and is still in "Teen Titans Go".
    A claim that Jason gets more promotion than Dick is too ridiculous and false to even be worthy of a debate.

I like how people forget that Dick Grayson ROBIN is the one that had the main chunk of Teen Titans and Young Justice. Nighgwing was n season 2 but he wasn't really as prominent as DickRobin YJ 2 Blue and Kaldur take focus. The latter being so badass that everything fell to the shadows and that' all folks remember.

Dick Grayson gets plenty promotion.
    Nightwing not so much until recently and even those we aren't following him. Nightwing doesn't have an UTRH or SOB or even what Blue and Kaldur got in YJ.

Nightwing isn't in Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I like how people forget that Dick Grayson ROBIN is the one that had the main chunk of Teen Titans and Young Justice. Nighgwing was n season 2 but he wasn't really as prominent as DickRobin YJ 2 Blue and Kaldur take focus. The latter being so badass that everything fell to the shadows and that' all folks remember.

Dick Grayson gets plenty promotion.
    Nightwing not so much until recently and even those we aren't following him. Nightwing doesn't have an UTRH or SOB or even what Blue and Kaldur got in YJ.

Nightwing isn't in Teen Titans.
    You're right about that. But Nightwing was a fan favourite in YJ, don't underestimate how much people liked the character there. Hell, I only really started reading comics because of that. When people think about YJ, they still think of the OG 6, even with the timeskip, and it'll likely still be the same with Outsiders since everyone will be wondering what Dick, Artemis, and Conner are doing.

Anyways yeah, Nightwing didn't get his real focus movie the way Jason or Damian did. But Bad Blood starred Dick and Kate tho, and Dick was a major player in Judas Contract, so you can't really say Dick doesn't get anything.

And yeah, it was Robin, not Nightwing in Teen Titans (and Go!), but viewers know that the TT (and TTG) Robin becomes Nightwing as an adult. So the 20-somethings who watched TT like me, and the kids watching TTG now know where Robin is going.

Again, the fact that a DCEU movie is even said to be happening has more people thinking about Dick than before, it's a similar effect to the one with all the "Jason is Joker" and "Batfleck's solo movie will be UtRH" theories had on Jason's popularity. Movie hype really invades the casual fan's mindshare. And the Titans series will only add to it. It sucks that the Arkham games did Dick dirty tho, as did the Injustice ones, because they really could have boosted Dick's popularity the way Jason's was.