Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The movie makes you imo more root for Damian getting is ass kicked so that he can learn some humility.
    EXACTLY. Thanks for making my point.

Anyway back to Dick I don't mind a new villain if it's done well. The blanks can be filled in as the tale progresses I am however wary that this guy seems stuck in the nostalgia
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-18-2017 at 06:36 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not trying to be negative, but I hope there is a decent in story reason why we never saw this villain who has haunted him for years. Beyond him not existing till now. Strike at least had Robin Year One to build his history, and even then it’s not like I cared much for Strike.
    Wow you really dont care about him lol. His name is Shrike not strike.

Shrike, Strike all I wanted was for Deathstroke to kill him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So, another villain connected with Dick's past is coming?.
    Superheros should stop having friends or family that can become supervillains later on.

I wonder if Humphries will invent an entirely new character, or if he will pull from Dick’s Hudson supporting cast. Or maybe, in the vein of evil secret organizations, they could’ve pulled MAZE from the cobwebs.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I wonder if Humphries will invent an entirely new character, or if he will pull from Dick’s Hudson supporting cast. Or maybe, in the vein of evil secret organizations, they could’ve pulled MAZE from the cobwebs.
    Well, if they're going back to the Hudson days, they can always bring back Scar... (let's see who actually remembers who that is )

Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    Well, if they're going back to the Hudson days, they can always bring back Scar... (let's see who actually remembers who that is )
    Ha! I sure didn’t! That actually lines up pretty well with the solicit, so you might be onto something!

It describes the killer as “—a murderer he never set eyes on, but whose unmistakable signature has arrived in his new city!” This lines up pretty well with Scar’s M.O. because he disfigures his victims. And technically- though it is a stretch- Dick never saw Scar after his accident, only in disguise. And the Scar’s story took place in Gotham City. The solicit describes a “case from his past in Gotham City,” while Dick was still at Hudson. So this story seems to fit the solicit rather well!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Ha! I sure didn’t! That actually lines up pretty well with the solicit, so you might be onto something!

It describes the killer as “—a murderer he never set eyes on, but whose unmistakable signature has arrived in his new city!” This lines up pretty well with Scar’s M.O. because he disfigures his victims. And technically- though it is a stretch- Dick never saw Scar after his accident, only in disguise. And the Scar’s story took place in Gotham City. The solicit describes a “case from his past in Gotham City,” while Dick was still at Hudson. So this story seems to fit the solicit rather well!
    New villian’s nickname is “The Judge” though

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    New villian’s nickname is “The Judge” though
    Maybe the old coot from Robin Year One survived and he's pissed!

Extraordinary Member

We are never gonna make it to a nightwing film are we?

I never thought the Nightwing move was going to get made regardless, but now that they are probably going to recast Affleck and replace him with someone younger I don't know what they will do with Dick's character now. A younger Batman does kind of make Nightwing somewhat redundant. Before I thought they would cast someone in their late 20s or early 30s but that only fit in with an older Batman and is probably out the window now.

I mean if they cast a Jake Gyllenhaal as Bruce, like some of the rumors suggest, I have a hard time picturing him as a Batman who has already gone through 2 Robins each who are probably adults now. He doesn't really fit the look, since he has such a young face, as someone that went through all this Batman is supposed to have gone through.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I never thought the Nightwing move was going to get made regardless, but now that they are probably going to recast Affleck and replace him with someone younger I don't know what they will do with Dick's character now. A younger Batman does kind of make Nightwing somewhat redundant. Before I thought they would cast someone in their late 20s or early 30s but that only fit in with an older Batman and is probably out the window now.

I mean if they cast a Jake Gyllenhaal as Bruce, like some of the rumors suggest, I have a hard time picturing him as a Batman who has already gone through 2 Robins each who are probably adults now. He doesn't really fit the look, since he has such a young face, as someone that went through all this Batman is supposed to have gone through.
    Brokebat Mountain.

Mighty Member

The DCEU is dead. Freaking DEADPOOL makes more than the Justice League. I still want a Nightwing movie with Chris Mckay directing, but WB got its' head up its' own ass. If they are going to make more movies, they should be able to compete with Marvel. I'll rather no Nightwing movie than 3 mediocre ones.

Batman recasting is so stupid. You are gonna expect people to just forget Affleck. It will be a joke for years. This isn't a comic book where you can retcon or change artists. Every kid will be asking where is Batman and who is the new guy. People will compare Jake and Ben every time. The fan base would be more divided. The critics will be confused and say something like "WB in its' latest try to catch up with Marvel decided to change the DCEU reality itself; but only made everything more confusing in an already bloated unexplained world". God help the DCEU! It needs a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    The DCEU is dead. Freaking DEADPOOL makes more than the Justice League. I still want a Nightwing movie with Chris Mckay directing, but WB got its' head up its' own ass. If they are going to make more movies, they should be able to compete with Marvel. I'll rather no Nightwing movie than 3 mediocre ones.

Batman recasting is so stupid. You are gonna expect people to just forget Affleck. It will be a joke for years. This isn't a comic book where you can retcon or change artists. Every kid will be asking where is Batman and who is the new guy. People will compare Jake and Ben every time. The fan base would be more divided. The critics will be confused and say something like "WB in its' latest try to catch up with Marvel decided to change the DCEU reality itself; but only made everything more confusing in an already bloated unexplained world". God help the DCEU! It needs a miracle.
    DCEU is not dead yet. They have Aquaman after that and I’m pretty sure WB still want WW2 with Gadot and Jenkins. But, after Flashpoint I believe a lot of things and plans will be changed.

I don’t see why it’s a problem to re-cast Ben. I love him as Bats because he looks the part, but Batman is bigger than any actor. Better to replace Ben before his solo movies than in the middle.
    Also, Jake Gyllenhaal is 36 years old, yes almost a decade younger than Affleck, but they can simply retcon some stuff in universe with Flashpoint and make Nightwing in his early 20’s. That’s even better if you ask me, because I don’t wanna Dick to take over Batman mantle (at least so early) or be the same age as Wonder Woman and Superman.
    Last edited by nightbird; 11-19-2017 at 02:11 AM.