Page 119 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 19691091151161171181191201211221231291692196191119 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    At the NYCC batpanel they said it'll be a "big moment".
    Of course one of writers also said they were hurt terribly by his "death" when we've seen it mentioned like twice, and a long time ago at that, soooo...

tbh they can make it as grandiose as they like but it'll fall pretty flat if it seems more like "WOW DICK WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH. SO MUCH THAT WE NEVER MENTIONED YOU EVER"
    Just to further on that, here is the quote.

"Cunningham opened up the floor for a short Q&A. A fan asked if Dick Grayson would be wrapped back into the larger Batman family anytime soon. Doyle urged him to keep reading. Tynion said that Dick's seeming "death" has hurt the family tremendously, and when they do come back together, it'll be a big moment."

http://www.newsarama.com/22381-nycc-...am-rising.html

BANNED

Honestly, it sounds like they never expected the "Dick is a spy" card, bit at the same time, the writers have that card hidden up their sleeve, and are ready to use it when the situation calls for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    Honestly, it sounds like they never expected the "Dick is a spy" card, bit at the same time, the writers have that card hidden up their sleeve, and are ready to use it when the situation calls for it.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand that at all. If the writers never expected the spy card how can they have it up their sleeves?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Just to further on that, here is the quote.

"Cunningham opened up the floor for a short Q&A. A fan asked if Dick Grayson would be wrapped back into the larger Batman family anytime soon. Doyle urged him to keep reading. Tynion said that Dick's seeming "death" has hurt the family tremendously, and when they do come back together, it'll be a big moment."

http://www.newsarama.com/22381-nycc-...am-rising.html
    Well, since Tynion was the one who answered I guess we could infer this is a Batman Eternal plot thread. But we have seen no sign of it so far. Then again, as the indications are that Eternal is going to become a more-or-less permanent part of the BatVerse, I suppose they have time.

Incredible Member

Apparently they approached Seeley with the idea all the way back in September.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand that at all. If the writers never expected the spy card how can they have it up their sleeves?
    I think we had this discussion before. Mainly that the writers probably didn't plan on having Dick as a spy originally. But now someone has a plan to eventually reveal him to the Bat family.

I'm not sure it would happen in Batman Eternal, though, given that Dick still has to tiptoe around them in Robin Rises.

So is Dick still going to stay in the spy game when everyone finds out he is still alive?

Don't see why not, I'm guessing he can be alive to his family, but not the rest of the word.

Personally I'd like to see Damian come back and suspect the truth first!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxedo Elf View Post
    Don't see why not, I'm guessing he can be alive to his family, but not the rest of the word.

Personally I'd like to see Damian come back and suspect the truth first!
    "Grayson's not dead, what are you talking about? I didn't see him at all in the afterlife."

I feel like if Damian returned prior to Dick being revealed as alive, the second he finds out Dick is dead he'll drop what he's doing. "Absolutely not. Grayson is not dead. I'll prove it" And we get some Damian globe trotting adventures. Oh god, imagine a Dick and Damian ongoing spy series....

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    I feel like if Damian returned prior to Dick being revealed as alive, the second he finds out Dick is dead he'll drop what he's doing. "Absolutely not. Grayson is not dead. I'll prove it" And we get some Damian globe trotting adventures. Oh god, imagine a Dick and Damian ongoing spy series....
    I would LOVE to see that. It would be awesome. Want.

I can definitely see Damian dropping everything and pretty quickly - he's not stupid, he's going to notice Dick's absence pretty much immediately. (assuming an intact mental state.) Plus he'd also be likely to pick up on Bruce's lack of grief. (Especially considering what Bruce did for him!)

I'm not sure it would happen in Batman Eternal, though, given that Dick still has to tiptoe around them in Robin Rises.
    We have no absolute evidence that Robin Rises takes place completely after Eternal, although it would be logical if it did. In any case, all indications are that Eternal will return for a Volume II after the move to California, or else that some successor weekly will take its place, probably with the same creative group. I would hope they would resolve this before then, but if they don't, they will have plenty of time after the move.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxedo Elf View Post
    I would LOVE to see that. It would be awesome. Want.

I can definitely see Damian dropping everything and pretty quickly - he's not stupid, he's going to notice Dick's absence pretty much immediately. (assuming an intact mental state.) Plus he'd also be likely to pick up on Bruce's lack of grief. (Especially considering what Bruce did for him!)
    It would be nice if at least one member of the Bat Family showed some grief at Dick's "passing." But back to your idea of a Dick/Damian spy team, I really like it. NOBODY expects a young "dad" walking around with a "child" to be a spy, because they wouldn't reckon on a kid with Damian's abilities. But, hey, they could go globetrotting and be "dead" together; Dick is a far better father/big brother figure than Bruce himself.

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    Sounds pretty much exactly like Red Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Sounds pretty much exactly like Red Robin.
    No, it's just the opposite. Red Robin went looking for Batman during his "time trip". He hasn't even noticed that Dick is "dead".