Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    1.) Describing Kate as his "big sis" implies a relationship in which she is more experienced and nurturing Dick. There is a reason that an organization that provides younger children with supportive relationships with older mentors to foster their development is called "Big Brothers Big Sisters of America."

2.) If we want to be technical, she's closer to his second cousin.

3.) The entire "Bat-Family" does not need a familial relationship. I am perfectly fine with Dick having a solely professional relationship with some members of Batman's allies. In fact, I think that it enhances the dynamics of the group if they aren't one big lovey family.
    She is what in her late 20’s early 30’s now? So around a decade older than him? In my understanding you still can be superior when it comes to work, but have diffirent dynamic on personal level. Nothing close to mentor-mentee or “nutriring someone less experienced than you in life or work”. What I think how you imagine that dynamic is just vastly diffirent from how I imagine it. Because in my imagination their relationship should be something like a (close) friends with big age gap. don’t know, maybe “big sis-little bro” wasn’t a right way to describe it in English, but I couldn’t think of any other way to explain what I think their overall relationship should be in Batfamily.
    And I still believe, that Dick, out of all Batfamily members, should be somehow close (or at least have decent relationship) with all Batfamily members.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Yeah but they travel back to to ancient Japan in this so consistency is out the window. Even if we are talking consistency Jason's design has the most thought put into when it comes to staying true to what the character is about. They really thought about who the character is re imagined him in a way that jells with the culture same with Damian in recognising him as a Lords son.

Maybe the movie will prove me wrong and maybe there are no Nightwing equivalents in Ninja culture.
    Yup, for those who came in late.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komus%C5%8D

It`s perfect and by far the most original and balsy character design here because they went less with "cool" or too close to home and more to what his feudal concept would be. Plus, spinning guns, man. Spinning guns. Like in the case of Cowboy Bebop, by making it uncool you make it cool by default.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    yea with the batfam being so big this is the perfect time to let his wings out more. I want to see dick in interact with superman and wonder woman alot more, I believe he should be close the all 3 of the trinity with wally and jessica as his Flash/GL. dick needs some characters (outside of the batfam) with there own books so he can start guest staring and having crossovers with because none of the titans gives him this.

P.S what are you guys and gals current top 10 nightwing rouges?
    Well, it’s not Batbooks or Batoffice fault if even Tomasi didn’t make Dick a guest star in something as obvious as Supersons to have some moments with Clark, Lois and Jon.

only from New-52 and just his villians?
    I don’t think I will be able to fill all 10 places then.
    Last edited by nightbird; 12-01-2017 at 07:10 AM.

BANNED

Well Raptor is my favorite Nightwing rogue and then Blockbuster thanks to Seeley admittedly for both. I think Lady Vic and Brutale do have potential as does Mouse. Then there are shared rogues like Pyg,Deathstroke, Court of Owls. I really hope Judge is something special because Humphries is selling his opening act on him.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Well, it’s not Batbooks or Batoffice fault if even Tomasi didn’t make Dick a guest star in something as obvious as Supersons to have some moments with Clark, Lois and Jon.

only from New-52?
    I'm bet that Supersons guest spot is coming remember we are only a few issues in and the focus has been on setting up and refining the boys dynamic.

I do agree that Dick's relationship with the greater DCU and the leaguers should be developed. I loved the interaction between him and Ollie in GR and with Clark in Nightwing.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-01-2017 at 07:19 AM.

BANNED

Yeah Super Sons has only had 2 arcs so far. I expect Nightwing in the fifth or sixth.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I'm bet that Supersons guest spot is coming remember we are only a few issues in and the focus has been on setting up and refining the boys dynamic.
    11 (?) issues is not few, imo, but I actully used it simply as example. If Dick doesn’t appear in more DCU books to establish his relationships outside Batbooks, I don’t think it’s their fault. I actully want Batoffice/books to rebuild a bound inside Batfamily first. We have characters that hardly interacted with each other in Batbooks.
    Last edited by nightbird; 12-01-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Skimmed through the last few pages so here's my thoughts:

I like Jason being part of the core family in Batman Ninja and in the comics. I'd also be fine if he wasn't involved in these projects, but he's super marketable so why not? I like his current relationship with Dick and the other Robins in Rebirth right now, although I'm fine with considering him part of the outer ring of the Batfam like Kate and Cass. I definitely think Babs should've been included in this over Jason since I consider her more important to the Batfam. But with Bruce and Selina's relationship finally going somewhere for the first time in years, I'm kinda happy with her inclusion.

And as for Kate, I like that she was the new Batwoman when Dick was the new Batman. It was just really cool and Morrison gave them a cool little team up in his B&R run. It kinda foreshadowed Kathy Kane's return in Incorporated in that way. But the one thing I loved about Bad Blood was that Dick and Kate were actually friends, kinda. Like, she felt like a member of the family. Idk about big sis, but I'm definitely up for more moments between Dick and Kate but that would require Dick and Kate to actually have a real relationship. They've never really interacted since the reboot, aside from Monster Men which... let's just not go there.

Lastly, Dick's Rogues... does he even have 10 worth listing?
    1. Raptor
    2. Blockbuster
    3. Dr. Hurt (I count him)
    4. Pyg (I also count him)
    5. Deathstroke (This guy, too. I'd list him higher but he's most interesting as a DCU/Titans villain, but he's still pretty decent as a Nightwing one, imo)
    6. Mr. Minos
    7. Deathwing
    8. Tiger Shark... (I'm not even sure I do count this guy, but I like him)
    9. Luka Netz (super under-utilized, imo, I liked her a lot and wanted more, hope she reappears one day)
    10. Two-Face

That's about it. I mean there's like Shrike and Lady Vic and like Pigeon and stuff, but I don't really think of them as actual "rogues." Although I think I'm pushing it by including Deathstroke, he's an enemy but not a "rogue," but I wanted to include him anyways. And I consider Two-Face as a Robin villain more than a Batman one pretty much, so I included him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Well atleast Dick has his own rogues gallery in the Batfamily, the rest really dont. Jason has none, Tim had King Snake years ago, Catwoman has none and so on.
    The Untitled?
    The Iron Rule?
    Joker?
    Joker`s Daugther?
    Black Mask?
    New misterious guy who migth be his real father?

"None" seems far fetched to me.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't get why Jason would be. I really wish Jason wasn't a part of the official bat family, him being close to any of them just doesn't work.
    It makes more sense than Batwoman though. At least Dick has a deep connection with Jason. He hasn't really interacted with this version of Kate. All I can think of is Night of the monster men

BANNED

Not sure how the stories were all planned for the Showcase but with Jason and Duke already having their own story with maybe the reason is simple as that one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    The Untitled?
    The Iron Rule?
    Joker?
    Joker`s Daugther?
    Black Mask?
    New misterious guy who migth be his real father?

"None" seems far fetched to me.
    Black Mask and Joker aren't Jason villains though neither is JD. Who's Iron Rule?
    What I meant was that there was no villain that successive writers used or a popular villain.
    Dixon era rogues are mostly hokey but they get used, Raptor is reasonably popular among fans already. I haven't seen a villain that is
    Unquestionably Jason's
    While also being popular
    At the same time being a recurring villain.

BANNED

Black Mask has been paired against Jason as a main nemesis either as the main Underworld whom Jason takes the Enterprise off or the culmination of the Outlaws in comics and other media (Arkham Knight and Under the Hood). Joker is both a nemesis for Batman and Jason, he`s too deeply engrained in the character and his history not to, again in pretty much all media they both in. In Death of The Family, the only other bat besides Batman whom Joker had a personal tally with was Jay, down to personally considering him a creation of his.

Iron Rule are cybernetic mercenaries that Jason and Roy dealt with in the RRAA and the Untitled were the first main recurring villains in the Outlaws catalogue whose history was all from Jason`s unique past with the All Caste.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Black Mask has been paired against Jason as a main nemesis either as the main Underworld whom Jason takes the Enterprise off or the culmination of the Outlaws in comics and other media (Arkham Knight and Under the Hood). Joker is both a nemesis for Batman and Jason, he`s too deeply engrained in the character and his history not to, again in pretty much all media they both in. In Death of The Family, the only other bat besides Batman whom Joker had a personal tally with was Jay, down to personally considering him a creation of his.

Iron Rule are cybernetic mercenaries that Jason and Roy dealt with in the RRAA and the Untitled were the first main recurring villains in the Outlaws catalogue whose history was all from Jason`s unique past with the All Caste.
    Well I dont consider Pyg, Slade and COO Dick villains. Shared villains at best so that same principle holds for Jay imo. BM and Joker have vast publication histories without Jason.

BANNED

Without sharing, who do you consider Dick`s rogue? Raptor?

I guess out of the villains created and used in Outlaws, the Untitled and Joker`s Daugther are connected to him the most without being shared around with more significance.