Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That's not how tumblr works, it will only add to it.
    The truth.

Mighty Member

Damn you Grant Morrison and your shipping magic. DickKory will never die!!!

Good pictures! You know, the reason why I really disliked the story of the name taken by Raptor is his middle name. I mean: you gave your son as firs name the one of your friend (maybe lover) and then his father's? It's kinda odd

I don’t understand this “Big Orange Alien” criticism, Dick is not as street level/down to earth as people think. He is a Circus Kid who was raised by an eccentric billionaire who dress as a Bat, his other major mentor is an alien whose alien history inspired his mantle. The Teen Titans are a mix off different people from amazon to Atlantis yet everyone keeps trying to place Dick as someone like Daredevil which he is not. Honestly the Batfamily will always have him in the background while Titans has him in the lead when it comes to media. Also The Director for the Nightwing Movie is passionate about the character and is leading the casting charge yet people somehow think the Batgirl movie is in control of the character. Whedon does not have that high of a standing especially after JL.
    Last edited by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy; 12-08-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I don’t understand this “Big Orange Alien” criticism, Dick is not as street level/down to earth as people think. He is a Circus Kid who was raised by an eccentric billionaire who dress as a Bat, his other major mentor is an alien whose alien history inspired his mantle. The Teen Titans are a mix off different people from amazon to Atlantis yet everyone keeps trying to place Dick as someone like Daredevil which he is not. Honestly the Batfamily will always have him in the background while Titans has him in the lead when it comes to media. Also The Director for the Nightwing Movie is passionate about the character and is leading the casting charge yet people somehow think the Batgirl movie is in control of the character. Whedon does not have that high of a standing especially after JL.
    It doesn't matter! as long as dick stays under batmans shadow and remains a sidekick and a (as raptor put it) brand extension and not a main hero his world and mytho will be about fitting batman not him. No matter if his best friends is a speedster and a amazon.

So its not that starfire doesn't fit in nightwings world (he doesn't have his own yet) its that she doesn't fit into batmans. its the main reason I dont ship dickxbabs, and I do like babs but she as a bat character keep batmans shadow over him.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 12-08-2017 at 06:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    So its not that starfire doesn't fit in nightwings world (he doesn't have his own yet) its that she doesn't fit into batmans. its the main reason I dont ship dickxbabs, and I do like babs but she as a bat character keep batmans shadow over him.
    Blüdhaven is kind of his world, but I don't think Kory fits there.

Btw. it is similar with Batman, he works well together with Superman, Wonder Woman ect. in other books but it wouldn't really work if they would popup regularly in his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Blüdhaven is kind of his world, but I don't think Kory fits there.

Btw. it is similar with Batman, he works well together with Superman, Wonder Woman ect. in other books but it wouldn't really work if they would popup regularly in his book.
    you're right. starfire doesn't fit bludhaven but dicks world doesn't have to stop at bludhaven! its why I wish he could be a part time agent for spyral or a.r.g.u.s or the d.e.o because then he would have a reason to globetrot and fight with and against meta like he does in the YJ show as part of his own mtyhos with bludhaven.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    you're right. starfire doesn't fit bludhaven but dicks world doesn't have to stop at bludhaven! its why I wish he could be a part time agent for spyral or a.r.g.u.s or the d.e.o because then he would have a reason to globetrot and fight with and against meta like he does in the YJ show as part of his own mtyhos with bludhaven.
    Starfire wouldn’t fit in those worlds either. Nothing about Starfire is covert.

The idea of SO's needing to fit in a character's "World" just never really made sense to me.

A big chunk of why I'm with the girl I'm with is because we have different lives and experiences and she offers a different perspective.

I'd love to see Star try to be covert, just as I'd love to see Dick mix it up with aliens in outer space.

Bludhaven and an eternal Batman Tether is why DickXbabs will never work and why Shawn won’t work. People are looking at this from a LoisXClark scenario where you both work closely with your significant other and are with them 24/7. Superman can fly everywhere, Lois pursues her own stories at times and they have been an item since issue # 1. Dick Grayson first serious relationship without any retcons was Koriand’r and her Model career gives a legitimate reason to frequent Bludhaven and when working as a superhero can fly away, in Universe no one should make a fuss about her being an alien since she is a model and does not work in the city as a superhero. You don’t need her to go on covert missions or intervene in his cases. It is Batgirl who would literally be involved in both his work life and personal life and we have seen from both Shawn and the outside world that such a relationship of 24/7 contact rarely works

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Bludhaven and an eternal Batman Tether is why DickXbabs will never work and why Shawn won’t work. People are looking at this from a LoisXClark scenario where you both work closely with your significant other and are with them 24/7. Superman can fly everywhere, Lois pursues her own stories at times and they have been an item since issue # 1. Dick Grayson first serious relationship without any retcons was Koriand’r and her Model career gives a legitimate reason to frequent Bludhaven and when working as a superhero can fly away, in Universe no one should make a fuss about her being an alien since she is a model and does not work in the city as a superhero. You don’t need her to go on covert missions or intervene in his cases. It is Batgirl who would literally be involved in both his work life and personal life and we have seen from both Shawn and the outside world that such a relationship of 24/7 contact rarely works
    Lois has existed since the beginning of Superman character while Dick has been around for 50 years before Starfire was even created, and that was part of a different franchise. They aren't the same thing. Both of them also live and work in the same city while Starfire doesn't live in Bludhaven and has never been part of that city. Her being a model again wouldn't fix that. As long as he is still in Bludhaven he will be street level and that will never work for Starfire long term because she has no real agency to be there. It is common sense. Can anyone name another romance in comics where a street level solo hero character had a long time love interest with some super powered non human? Especially one where that non human didn't live in the same city? I can't think of one. Even simple things like going out and having normal dates can't be done because she is a giant orange space alien. At least with characters like Superman he looks normal and can blend into the city. The one way they can work together is if Dick is a full time Titans character, and that isn't happening.

DickxBabs won't work because both are solo characters. That is the main reason and why there are no solo characters currently dating in comics. It has to be like Green Arrow/BC or Batman/Catwoman where you fold one of the love interests into the other's book so you can develop the relationship. Otherwise you end up like Superman/Wonder Woman where a writer, like Azz on Wonder Woman, basically ignored the whole romance because it doesn't fit with what he wants to do with the character.

Shawn was never a serious love interest because she is an new original character created for a character with 75 years of history already. She was never going to take priority over Dick's more famous love interests. Just like how those new Spider-man love interests never last.

You miss understood me bringing up LoisXClark, I brought them because of the notion that DickXbabs are on that level. Starfire is NOT a Big Giant Space Alien Based on the fact she easily lived on earth as a model that you’re opinion but one that is not real in comics it is editorial control that makes things that way + people act like Dick Grayson would give two &$$& about people making a fuss about how his girlfriend looks overlook he is a circus kid and won’t have the same prejudices as others against people who don’t exactly fit in. Koriand’r = Kal El in human passing looks she just doesn’t look white. Bludhaven also has a humanoid shark so I’m pretty sure no one is gonna fuss at Koriand’r who DOES pass as human looking. I am also considering media when assessing Dicks relationships and on the strength of Teen Titans TV series, Animated Movies, and the Digital show coming up (which will not feature Batgirl as that love triangle plot was left with the TNT pitch) DickXKori has acted like a Natural relationship even more that the original Comic relationship. DickXbabs on the other hand started out with a kiss that had fan backlash in the 70’s and went no where, a retconned happy go lucky 90’s relationship Based Of BTAS (That eventually shipped her with Bruce) and in most modern media she has been with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Lois has existed since the beginning of Superman character while Dick has been around for 50 years before Starfire was even created, and that was part of a different franchise. They aren't the same thing. Both of them also live and work in the same city while Starfire doesn't live in Bludhaven and has never been part of that city. Her being a model again wouldn't fix that. As long as he is still in Bludhaven he will be street level and that will never work for Starfire long term because she has no real agency to be there. It is common sense. Can anyone name another romance in comics where a street level solo hero character had a long time love interest with some super powered non human? Especially one where that non human didn't live in the same city? I can't think of one. Even simple things like going out and having normal dates can't be done because she is a giant orange space alien. At least with characters like Superman he looks normal and can blend into the city. The one way they can work together is if Dick is a full time Titans character, and that isn't happening.

DickxBabs won't work because both are solo characters. That is the main reason and why there are no solo characters currently dating in comics. It has to be like Green Arrow/BC or Batman/Catwoman where you fold one of the love interests into the other's book so you can develop the relationship. Otherwise you end up like Superman/Wonder Woman where a writer, like Azz on Wonder Woman, basically ignored the whole romance because it doesn't fit with what he wants to do with the character.

Shawn was never a serious love interest because she is an new original character created for a character with 75 years of history already. She was never going to take priority over Dick's more famous love interests. Just like how those new Spider-man love interests never last.
    So what you're saying is dick is F'd! no new original love, babs locks him in under batmans shadow, and no full on titans or dcu? yep his F'd.