Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that i'm only one that lile boths relationships , althougth to be honest, with the way that romance is handle in main superhero comics today, i'm perfectly ok with Dick being single forever.
    Same here, I'm a fan of both Babs and Kori for Dick .

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This still makes no sense to me. She is an orange alien with fire for hair that can destroy buildings with a single punch. You don't think she would stand out? And you don't think people would wonder why she is in Bludhaven when the only other hero there is Nightwing when she has no connection there? He couldn't go out in public with her in Bludhaven as people would wonder who this person is with Starfire and could easily make the connection that he is Nightwing. It is because Starfire has no civilian identity to hide herself. How they deal with this in the Titans show will be interesting. Either they will downplay her alien features where she looks mostly human, or she will get some device that lets her appear human probably.

The argument against Barbara doesn't work either because the public already knows they have a connection through Gotham and have worked together in the past and continue to work together. There would be nothing weird for Batgirl and Nightwing teaming up. It would be the same as him teaming up with Robin or Batman and neither one of those are going to get the public to out him.
    You’re argument is based on your opinion of Starfire and not the reality that at her inception she worked as a model, had a more normal name, and lived with Dick Grayson. Never has her being alien been an issue except for editorial and DickXbabs shippers. Her awareness the culture was the same as any immigrant, Why would it suddenly be an issue in Bludhaven that has a hulk creature, a talking Ape, a Human Shark etc. there’s is no issue with her looks. Dick Grayson Life has always stalled when he is 24:7 Gotham unless he is Robin Or Batman. Titans will come out before both Batgirl and Nightwing and if it is better than CW and Netflix Marvel level Dick will grow stronger with the Titan Brand and eventually stick more with the public. You can’t want him to have his World and both accept he will be stuck in Gotham

Her being alien and Dick wanting her to conform to his human ways was actually a continual issue in Dick and Starfire's relationship. One the often made Dick to come out like an ******* who was constantly imposing limitations on Starfire so she can better fit in with his lifestyle. This is not even just about Dick. Trying to fit Starfire into a street level environment is not a very flourishing situation for Starfire.

And Titans might come out before both Batgirl and Nightwing, but as evident from the current Titans DC doesn't seem to give a crap about Dick's level when it comes to the Titans.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-08-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Her being alien and Dick wanting her to conform to his human ways was actually a continual issue in Dick and Starfire's relationship. One the often made Dick to come out like an ******* who was constantly imposing limitations on Starfire so she can better fit in with his lifestyle. This is not even just about Dick. Trying to fit Starfire into a street level environment is not a very flourishing situation for Starfire.

And Titans might come out before both Batgirl and Nightwing, but as evident from the current Titans DC doesn't seem to give a crap about Dick's level when it comes to the Titans.
    But hes a batman chracters first. She fits in his life when he doing his Titans/Mtv Real World life
    but not in gotham

Her being alien and Dick wanting her to conform to his human ways was actually a continual issue in Dick and Starfire's relationship. One the often made Dick to come out like an ******* who was constantly imposing limitations on Starfire so she can better fit in with his lifestyle. This is not even just about Dick. Trying to fit Starfire into a street level environment is not a very flourishing situation for Starfire.*
    It really depends how they aproached it and how the charactherization goes, back in the day their biggest problem was that she didn't had any problem killing enemies and that whole drama with the second travel to Tamaran and Dick issues with dating a married woman, the last one won't be a problem at this point unless that the writters really want to revive that, the first one is more tricky because i'm not sure lf Kory's stance regarding to killing at this point, althougth honestly, the batfamily should probably got over it when they had Jason in their ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    You’re argument is based on your opinion of Starfire and not the reality that at her inception she worked as a model, had a more normal name, and lived with Dick Grayson. Never has her being alien been an issue except for editorial and DickXbabs shippers. Her awareness the culture was the same as any immigrant, Why would it suddenly be an issue in Bludhaven that has a hulk creature, a talking Ape, a Human Shark etc. there’s is no issue with her looks. Dick Grayson Life has always stalled when he is 24:7 Gotham unless he is Robin Or Batman. Titans will come out before both Batgirl and Nightwing and if it is better than CW and Netflix Marvel level Dick will grow stronger with the Titan Brand and eventually stick more with the public. You can’t want him to have his World and both accept he will be stuck in Gotham
    I dislike the Starfire relationship just as much as I dislike the Barbara relationship. I have no favorite, but I just see Barbara having more utility as a romantic interest because you don't have the kind of hangups you have with Starfire. It is as simple as that and I think even Morrison understands.

As Godlike said in the past Dick constantly trying to convert Starfire to fit with his standards have caused him and her to have numerous problems. Problems where he usually ended up looking like an *******. It isn't like they were some perfect couple that didn't have their problems, and they were also together before Dick was a solo character. The NTT era was a time in comics that can't exactly be redone. Unless you want him to stop being a solo character and be a full time Titans character I don't see a romance between them working very well. Given how terrible the Titans franchise has been I hesitate in wanting him to rely more on it rather than stand on his own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that i'm only one that like boths relationships , althougth to be honest, with the way that romance is handle in main superhero comics today, i'm perfectly ok with Dick being single forever.
    Why not let Dick be a single young guy and play the field without getting tied down by apron strings? He doesn't have to be a cad.

Why not let Dick be a single young guy and play the field without getting tied down by apron strings? He doesn't have to be a cad.
    Meh, i'm sort of tired of Dick's love life in general, i'm far more interested seeing him doing what he love the most, being a hero, if a writter managed to writte something like you suggest in a compelling way, i would have no problem with it, but rigth now, i think that he has better things to occupy himself with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Count me in as well.

I don't have a problem with either as a romantic interest, but I also do not have a particular preference for Dick. I have enjoyed reading him with Oracle, Starfire, Huntress, Jesse Quick, and Defacer. I do think if they ever decide to put him in a long term relationship it will have to be someone that is in both of his worlds.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Becasue then everyone starts calling him a slut

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    I don't have a problem with either as a romantic interest, but I also do not have a particular preference for Dick. I have enjoyed reading him with Oracle, Starfire, Huntress, Jesse Quick, and Defacer. I do think if they ever decide to put him in a long term relationship it will have to be someone that is in both of his worlds.
    Has he and Jesse ever had a legitimate relationship? Or was it just flirting or a kiss?

Extraordinary Member

Has he and Jesse ever had a legitimate relationship? Or was it just flirting or a kiss?
    what about clancy, raya zatanna raquel or even emily

To me Babs being a Gotham character isn't the advantage it's held up to be. Barbara is always giving Dick **** about Batman's antics and Dick always knows where his real loyalties lie (not Babs). Kory can work around Batman being Batman just fine.