Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Dick/Nightwing isn't a sidekick and hasn't been for years and years though DC seems to forget that. They view him in relation to batman as Dick Grayson Batman's protege hence why he hasn't been moved up to the big league despite him being better and more profitable than half of these JL member.

I don't know if they are willing to view Nightwing, Batman and Superman as peers which is stupid since apparently a Nightwing dressed as a Bat was A okay in the league.

It's a costume thing. Who knew the talent, record and skill don't mean jack..
    But the collective JL treat him and his friends like that and I hate them for it their really disrespectful

Titans will always be looked at as the junior league when they are willing to take characters from the franchise, like Cyborg, and put them on the JL as founding members and have no problems erasing their Titans history. Rather than try to build up the Titans they are willing to pick it apart and put its characters in franchises they view as more valuable. That puts a cap on how much respect the Titans will get.

It will always amaze me how horribly DC whiffed (and continues to whiff) on capitalizing on the immense popularity of TT / TTGo.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    It will always amaze me how horribly DC whiffed (and continues to whiff) on capitalizing on the immense popularity of TT / TTGo.
    Sadly, i think that DC has a pretty poor trackrecord on team books in the ñast 12 years, with some small exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick isn’t retiring. Im not sure where people get that Dick would retire.
    Yeah, I don’t think Dick ever showed interest in retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Yeah, I don’t think Dick ever showed interest in retiring.
    In his first mini by O'Neil he tried to do that, mostly because he thougth that he wasn't following his own path and just doing what Batman trained him to do so, but the whole point was that he was wrong and he wasn't only doing for Bruce so he was back faster that you can said "Holy contrivances Batman", with his classic blue and black suit and dishing his second costume, sadly it wasn't the end from ponytail Nightwing. Basically it was just Dick trying to stablish his independence once and for all.

Was already going to continue Nightwing now that a *new writer has come along, though regardless I might have picked it up for that cover alone, its beautiful! I love the texture on the suit, plus the composition of the piece.

(*Nothing against Seeley, I really liked some parts of his characterization of Dick, but the stories after the Dick and Damian team up bored me to hell)

Mighty Member

My God!!! Raised by the Bat and enveloped by blue light is Nightwing. My God!!!

Please continue giving Jimenez the variant ed. covers. The guy is killing it. Better than Reis.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

This is stunning.
    Jimenez is an absolute BEAST! Seems like only recently he is finally starting getting his dues.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Sadly, i think that DC has a pretty poor trackrecord on team books in the ñast 12 years, with some small exceptions.
    They also don't know how to maximise the value of their rich catalogue of IP's aside from Batman. They're just leaving money on the table all around for others to pick up. I hope the DECU teaches them about taking chances and arriving too late.

Amazing cover .

Robin has some anime hair going on though .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Amazing cover .

Robin has some anime hair going on though .
    I love his Robin hair. They’re awesome

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcql6KuA8if/
    Discowing by Phil Jimenez with slightly diffirent collar
    philjimeneznyc Drawing the #Nightwing comic made me think a lot about his pre-52 origins --and particularly his now oft-maligned first costume with its "disco collar", for which I'll always have a soft spot. I love its design, I really do.
    Also, I dig how overtly sexy Nightwing remains, which still seems unusual for a lot of male characters in mainstream super-hero comics nowadays (I could be wrong). Dick seems like a character who's not ashamed of an unyieldingly skin tight uniform or its bright colors.
    Anyway, a lunch time sketch -- a little longer than planned, of Nightwing. I'll go back to my Legion sketches soon (after I've pencilled a few more pages of my Nightwing issue), but this was a fun diversion.