Okay great so I'm not crazy

Mighty Member

You can think it's bad. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There is no definite Dick Grayson for everyone. In the end, it's how much we enjoy comics, well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by InanimateCrbnRod View Post
    Am I the only one who really didn't like this issue? I liked his voice for Nightwing okay, but not for Dick at all. Also I'm disappointed he won't be using the run-offs. How can Dick build a supporting cast if with each new team they don't use the characters introduced by the previous writer. (At least he's using Svoboda). Idk it feels way too much like the Dixon Nightwing to me, which we have plenty of stories of.
    I agree but the art is cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InanimateCrbnRod View Post
    Am I the only one who really didn't like this issue? I liked his voice for Nightwing okay, but not for Dick at all. Also I'm disappointed he won't be using the run-offs. How can Dick build a supporting cast if with each new team they don't use the characters introduced by the previous writer. (At least he's using Svoboda). Idk it feels way too much like the Dixon Nightwing to me, which we have plenty of stories of.
    The Run-Offs are amazing characters, so it's kinda sad to see them not be used. If Dick is gonna go the conventional hero route (instead of being a super spy) he needs people like them. Oh, and I don't like the fact that he runs a gym now, feels a little mundane

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    You can think it's bad. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There is no definite Dick Grayson for everyone. In the end, it's how much we enjoy comics, well for me.
    Exactly. Humphries's Nightwing is right up my alley, tbh. As long as there's a good variety to his arcs, I'm good. The big epics and all that is supposed to come from the Titans book, so I just hope we can get a new direction for that book soon...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The Run-Offs are amazing characters, so it's kinda sad to see them not be used. If Dick is gonna go the conventional hero route (instead of being a super spy) he needs people like them. Oh, and I don't like the fact that he runs a gym now, feels a little mundane
    like be a reporter?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    like be a reporter?
    In all fairness, I don't care much for Superman or Spiderman's occupations either

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    In all fairness, I don't care much for Superman or Spiderman's occupations either
    well what do you want him to be?

The run-offs were dull. I'm fine if we can forget about them. I get what Seeley was trying to do with them, but I don't think they worked.

I felt the first issue of Humphries run was serviceable. I really disliked Humphries X-Men stuff so my expectations were low. The art really helped it I think, but it just felt like your standard Nightwing run. Nothing really stood out to me about it. The Robin issues are the main thing I'm really looking forward to at the moment.

I'll miss the Run-Offs...

Hey guys what happened to nightwing in metal? Is he still apart of metal.

I don’t think he will be seen again or just show for a cameo like in endgame where he is a decoy Batman

I enjoyed the first issue. I gave the writing about a C, C-, but the art was an A+. I hope Chang stays on for the long haul.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah so Max Landis is probably not going to get to write that Agent of Batman story with Dick and Clark, which sucks a lot since I was looking forward to it, but I also wouldn't want to support him if DC did go forward with the project, so that's that.

I just hope someone else gets interested in telling Superman and Robin team up stories so we can get something cool like that one day.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    Hey guys what happened to nightwing in metal? Is he still apart of metal.
    He might show up again, but I wouldn't expect him to do much. Metal is more of a Bruce and JL event I think. After he and Superman had that disagreement where Superman wanted to go and try and save Bruce and Dick didn't think they should Dick sort of got written out. Superman went and saved Bruce and the other JL character all went to do other important things. Dick went back to sulking about failing to save Gotham. Not really sure where he went though.