BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    NIGHTWING by 穀雨

I'm afraid I don't have the English translate.
    Somebody like this would be a really good artist for Dick. Sometimes he's drawn to look much older than he actually is.

Extraordinary Member

I want elseworld of this

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I want elseworld of this
    Maybe a wish list for 2018 after we finish New World Order?
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Anyone else feel that seeds were planted for Dick to have a larger role in Metal that have yet to pay off? I was pretty excited when he was cut by that dagger that showed him Elseworld's versions of himself, I was kinda hoping that it would be more than just a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Anyone else feel that seeds were planted for Dick to have a larger role in Metal that have yet to pay off? I was pretty excited when he was cut by that dagger that showed him Elseworld's versions of himself, I was kinda hoping that it would be more than just a tease.
    Yep I thought Gotham Resistant was going to turn out differently.

Not really. Metal is Snyder's event. Unless Snyder was the one setting up the stories and planting the seeds then it wasn't likely that they were going to play a big part in the Metal story. It is why Metal is mainly focusing on Batman, Superman, Justice League and all the other various characters from the Hawkman ones to the Sandman ones because those are who Snyder wants to write about. Dick was never really a factor or involved with all that so I never thought he would play a larger role other than a cameo here or there.

Dick rarely has more than a small role or a cameo in these big DC events. That has been the case for years and I thought this would be the same.

It definitely felt like it and was played up in the tie-ins, but then he completely vanished from the main storyline.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not really. Metal is Snyder's event. Unless Snyder was the one setting up the stories and planting the seeds then it wasn't likely that they were going to play a big part in the Metal story. It is why Metal is mainly focusing on Batman, Superman, Justice League and all the other various characters from the Hawkman ones to the Sandman ones because those are who Snyder wants to write about. Dick was never really a factor or involved with all that so I never thought he would play a larger role other than a cameo here or there.

Dick rarely has more than a small role or a cameo in these big DC events. That has been the case for years and I thought this would be the same.
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't asking for him to save the day, but I thought he would play a larger role than he has so far. I'm not sure what I was expecting honestly, maybe he would be a key in some way?

Well i think he still has to explain why a bird is Batman's partner if Bats and Hawks are suppose to be these mortal enemies.

BANNED

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't asking for him to save the day, but I thought he would play a larger role than he has so far. I'm not sure what I was expecting honestly, maybe he would be a key in some way?
    I've been waiting for something like this for almost sixty years, been a Grayson fan since 1957. I'm glad I've not been holding my breath.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 01-02-2018 at 06:39 PM.

This is why it bugged the hell out of me that it cut the balls off of Nightwing Must Die(!). It ruined the arc for me knowing that a story with such potential went without proper resolution to hype up Snyder's awful event.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I've been waiting for something like this for almost sixty years, been a Grayson fan since 1957. I'm glad I've not been holding my breath.
    I'm hoping for 2018 to deliver some good Nightwing stories. I've enjoyed The New Order overall, and I liked the new creative team's first issue on Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    This is why it bugged the hell out of me that it cut the balls off of Nightwing Must Die(!). It ruined the arc for me knowing that a story with such potential went without proper resolution to hype up Snyder's awful event.
    Yeah, and again, I'm not asking for Nightwing to save the universe, but it would've been nice if he had a bigger role to play than simply "had some of the metals in his body". Gotham Resistance didn't amount to much did it? It didn't really have anything interesting to add to the narrative. Unless I missed it?

I'm hoping for 2018 to deliver some good Nightwing stories. I've enjoyed The New Order overall, and I liked the new creative team's first issue on Nightwing.

Yeah, and again, I'm not asking for Nightwing to save the universe, but it would've been nice if he had a bigger role to play than simply "had some of the metals in his body". Gotham Resistance didn't amount to much did it? It didn't really have anything interesting to add to the narrative. Unless I missed it?
    You didn't. The story seemed to actually be more focused on building up Damian and Green Arrow before completely just petering out into uselessness.