Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    That's awesome. Looks like Dick had a tough night.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    This person should be drawing the Nightwing book.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    This person should be drawing the Nightwing book.
    He is mostly a concept artist, I’m not sure he can draw comics.

Mighty Member

Big events are more focused on the Justice League. The only time younger or less popular characters gets focused on are when they die on the event. (Infinite Crisis, Forever Evil, etc.)

It's how DC works. Atleast Dick has some cool moments in Metal like being right about the warning.

Dick is in Justice League #36.

That was cool, good use of Dick. Not angsty just genuinely concerned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That was cool, good use of Dick. Not angsty just genuinely concerned.
    Agreed good use of Dick, but the art sucks. Why not meta up the whole Bat-Family? Duke's already got superpowers and he doesn't deserve them. I'd rather give them to a tenured legacy character.

Agreed good use of Dick, but the art sucks. Why not meta up the whole Bat-Family? Duke's already got superpowers and he doesn't deserve them. I'd rather give them to a tenured legacy character.
    Well, I'm all for Nightwing being the member of the Bat-clan who hangs out in the "superhuman" sphere of events well beyond Gotham's borders, but I dunno about this whole "give powers to the people who deserve them" thing. That's.....an odd mindset.

These guys (along with Arrow and the other powerless vigilantes) never needed powers before, they dont need them now, and "powers" is a subjective concept here anyway. Bruce doesnt have any powers, but he's the most powerful person in DC because of his extensive plot armor and popularity. He's beaten superhuman foes, including the entire League (groan) so what does he or the other Gotham heroes gain by suddenly getting powers?

Duke? He's a blank slate. He's been around for what, a couple years? He needed something to stand out and set him apart (just like all the rest have something that sets them apart) and whoever makes these calls decided that making Duke the resident metahuman and daytime operator worked. I dont see this as snubbing the other guys at all.

Now, Snyder does tend to write Duke with a disgusting amount of bias (Metal #1, with Hal and Duke, is terrible), but that's a separate issue from him having powers.

Should we also be upset about Batwing using Iron Man type armor while everyone else uses kevlar?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Being non-meta is one of the key features of Batman and Bat characters. And quite frankly Duke is not a character they should try and emulate with the other characters, lol.

Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Robin, Spoiler, Orphan, Batgirl, and Huntress do not need powers. Duke being a late arrival needs something to stand out. Making him meta stands him out, just like Luke Fox's Iron Bat suit makes him stand out.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Robin, Spoiler, Orphan, Batgirl, and Huntress do not need powers.
    Then they should be written that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    You didn't. The story seemed to actually be more focused on building up Damian and Green Arrow before completely just petering out into uselessness.
    That sounds about right.

I also don't think that Nightwing needs powers. Now, would it be neat if he had them, if only for a while? Yeah, but I don't think it should be a permanent thing.

Incredible Member

Dick needs to BE in the League, not guest star in the book.
    I would like to see him move to Metropolis, and deal with the Grayson-esque shannanigans there (aliens, super science), and hang on occasion with Superman, and Clark and Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Dick needs to BE in the League, not guest star in the book.
    I would like to see him move to Metropolis, and deal with the Grayson-esque shannanigans there (aliens, super science), and hang on occasion with Superman, and Clark and Lois.
    Big brother to Jon?