You know, back when Loeb brought Kara Zor-El into post-Crisis continuity, Kara spent a chunk of time on Themyscria and had a very close friendship with Wonder Girl. I got to thinking that Kara would be a great "in-between" character, bridging the gap between the Super and Wonder franchises. Not just Superman in a skirt, not just another Wonder girl, but a bit of both and in that way, unique. I had ideas in my head of Kara wearing Amazon forged armor with the "S" shield and red cape.......

And I started wondering who else could tie the Trinity members together, who could be a legacy of two families so to speak.

Obviously Nightwing fits perfectly as the "Super-Bat" combo. He and Clark had a great relationship back in the day, Dick's name is taken from Clark's mythology, and Dick's time with the Titans makes him well suited for tangling with superhuman threats.

The "Wonder-Bat" connection.....no one ever really fit. Grace Choi, Cass Cain, a re-imagined Nubia......no one ever made sense as a character with one foot in Gotham and the other in Paradise Island.

But Ive wanted to see Dick spend more time with his "favorite uncle" in Metropolis ever since. That Jon has been around for two years and hasn't had the chance to hang with Nightwing is a crime against comicdom.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But Ive wanted to see Dick spend more time with his "favorite uncle" in Metropolis ever since. That Jon has been around for two years and hasn't had the chance to hang with Nightwing is a crime against comicdom.
    Damian trying not to look bothered that Jon gets to hang out with Dick would be brilliant. Jon might get the idea to incorporate some parkour into his movements, to contrast the physicality of his father.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Dick needs to BE in the League, not guest star in the book.
    I would like to see him move to Metropolis, and deal with the Grayson-esque shannanigans there (aliens, super science), and hang on occasion with Superman, and Clark and Lois.
    Yeah, just something cool and DIFFERENT.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Oh my, the arc is actually titled Grounded lol. DC needs to get Abnett off this team. He doesn’t get it, he just doesn’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oh my, the arc is actually titled Grounded lol. DC needs to get Abnett off this team. He doesn’t get it, he just doesn’t get it.
    What nightwing needs is a new team with a new concept. The titans can't go up because up is the JL so there stuck as the jv team. Maybe nightwing needs the outsiders or something but the titans are a joke. I can't believe after grayson that dick would be treated like a child like this. P.s at least I get to see dick and Diana interact I hope.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 01-04-2018 at 05:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Then they should be written that way.
    In contrast to what, needing powers? Did you see how effective Duke was in Training Day with Jason?

Me neither.

The Titans are stuck as a JV team because its creative team portrays them as a JV team. With the TV show on the horizon the opportunity is there, but they are under the control of someone who clearly just doesn’t get it, and seemingly wants to reinforce them as children or a Jr. JL.

The tv show has a very different roster to this one. In what way would this roster not be a JV justice league.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Remember the days when the Titans didn't take any of the Justice League's sh*t. One of the main reasons NTT was successful because they were independent of the JL or any adults. I won't read the Justice League grounding the Titans. Sheesh... The Titans are now grown adults.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    What nightwing needs is a new team with a new concept. The titans can't go up because up is the JL so there stuck as the jv team. Maybe nightwing needs the outsiders or something but the titans are a joke. I can't believe after grayson that dick would be treated like a child like this. P.s at least I get to see dick and Diana interact I hope.
    Yes! Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The Titans are stuck as a JV team because its creative team portrays them as a JV team.
    Which is odd. Back in the day they were dealing with alien invasions, monsters from strange dimensions, and friggin Trigon.

These were League worthy threats.

How did the Titans go from that, to what they are now?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The tv show has a very different roster to this one. In what way would this roster not be a JV justice league.
    They can change the roster. The Titans don’t have to be these guys, as the TV show will show. But the current people in control of the comic doesn’t seem to get that, and instead want to tell stories with an out of date, unoriginal, roster and have the JL come in and ground these Titans. Clearly exemplifying that the people running the comic Titans just don’t fringing get it.

Another team isn’t gonna help Dick, not with the Tv show on the horizon. Even if they were to put him on the JL what exactly would that do for him or his brand. It’s not like that would translate to more media appearances or he’d ever truly be solidified as a JL member. Same goes with the Outsiders. Right now the opportunity is with the Titans, or at least it should be if the people running the Titans comic had a damn clue.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-04-2018 at 04:24 PM.