Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    only in cover art
    No, he definitely used them. Don't you remember the famous Booth buttshot?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    oh this is right before foreverevil right, did he loose them when he was kidnapped?
    I actualy like higgins run, he was just interrupted at every turn

Also this when his Arkham version of himself was also using them in the games

Mighty Member

I wouldn't mind the stun batons. Nightwing is low in tech.

I feel like Nightwing should just be adaptive to the situation like Batman, i.e. regular batons for the gritty, fistfights in his own book and, like, Nth Metal, taser batons for global threats and stuff.

That would require he actually starts taking on bigger threats in a book like Titans, and well... yeah...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They should have based the Kotobukiya Ikemen statue off this.

I used to like the idea of electric escirmas, but I've decided that they are to visually dominant. If nothing else, Fernandez excelled at creative fights that incorporated more than just hitting people with sticks. If Dick had electric sticks, all he would do is zap people. I'd prefer to focus on his fighting abilities over gear.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Honesty, why just electric sticks. There are endless modification they could do with his sticks. They could have them shoot fire or have him use them as blow gun. The possibilities are endless. They could get really fun and silly with his sticks if they wanted too. And id be ok with that. Its no different then Batman's gadgets. Except the sticks would act as Nightwing's applicator.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I used to like the idea of electric escirmas, but I've decided that they are to visually dominant. If nothing else, Fernandez excelled at creative fights that incorporated more than just hitting people with sticks. If Dick had electric sticks, all he would do is zap people. I'd prefer to focus on his fighting abilities over gear.
    He woundlt use it on normal people, but I their are many time when he could use an edge
    His last resort seem to be his suit giant taser anyway, but its a one shot

Dick did kind of get the raw end of the deal with the weapons the various Robins have. Jason has guns (and magic swords if you want to count those too), Tim has the bow staff, and Damian has swords. The sticks sort of don't look as good by comparison I think. They are too similar to Daredevil too, but also I think my problem with them is that to use them you basically have to get in close hand to hand range and I think Dick works better as a hand to hand fighter anyway. So the sticks sort of become redundant.

I like the sticks. DC is not lacking in strait hand to hand fighters. So the sticks add a different flavor to his fighting, and they are firmly part of Nightwing's imagery at this point. Plus sure Jason has guns and Damian a sword, but they don't really let Jason actually kill anyone anymore with them, and even with swords they're not really letting these guys stab people. And its not like there aren't a plethora of other characters that uses bo staffs, guns, and swords. The list of characters that those weapons is far larger the the list of characters that use escrima sticks.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-19-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick did kind of get the raw end of the deal with the weapons the various Robins have. Jason has guns (and magic swords if you want to count those too), Tim has the bow staff, and Damian has swords. The sticks sort of don't look as good by comparison I think. They are too similar to Daredevil too, but also I think my problem with them is that to use them you basically have to get in close hand to hand range and I think Dick works better as a hand to hand fighter anyway. So the sticks sort of become redundant.
    No No No his escrima sticks are his own and their fine, I was just wondered why he never used their taser mode. Jason not allowed kill people to often so guns pointless, A bo staff tends to be used by less skilled martial artist, and Damian only uses swords when the time calls, for it. He tends to use his shuriken as daggers

Im a fan of Damian's batarang claws, not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I like the sticks. DC is not lacking in strait hand to hand fighters. So the sticks add a different flavor to his fighting, and they are firmly part of Nightwing's imagery at this point. Plus sure Jason has guns and Damian a sword, but they don't really let Jason actually kill anyone anymore with them, and even with swords they're not really letting these guys stab people. And its not like there aren't a plethora of other characters that uses bo staffs, guns, and swords. The list of characters that those weapons is far larger the the list of characters that use escrima sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No No No his escrima sticks are his own and their fine, I was just wondered why he never used their taser mode. Jason not allowed kill people to often so guns pointless, A bo staff tends to be used by less skilled martial artist, and Damian only uses swords when the time calls, for it. He tends to use his shuriken as daggers
    They just feel kind of useless to me. The problem also is that Dareveil is the one that is most known for them, and he is a character Nightwing feels so much like a knockoff of a lot of the time. So they don't really feel like Dick's "own" weapons. Also with the bo staff thing Robin/Tim is at least the most well known character in comics that uses it probably, and I don't think guns are pointless even if Jason isn't allowed to kill people at the moment. Dick used his gun very well in Grayson without killing anyone. Also visually they are a lot better than two short sticks I think.

Although I'm not saying I want Dick to use a gun. Far from it. I'd prefer him to just be a hand to hand fighter and just give him some gauntlets or something to use.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    To be honest I would be glad if Jason got rid of the guns, or they were just used more as a secondary like Batarangs.

The Guns are extremly ineffective in the comics, he is not really doing any trick schots like Green Arrow or Dead shot with them, and a gun fight looks in comics just not as good as hand to hand combat. Some writers also treat him like he was totally dependent on his guns and not a particulary good Martial Artist (just rember Tom Kings list), even if should be roughly equal to Dick in this regard.

And Damian is hardly using swords anymore.