Quote Originally Posted by Dominick1216 View Post
    Haven't read Nightwing in a while, but in either Detective Comics #965 or #966, Tim says that Dick became Robin less than or around a year after Bruce became Batman. So, has it been stated recently how old Dick is supposed to be right now in the comics? I remember last year Tim Seeley posting on twitter that Dick was 23, is that still the case or no?
    We just got a flashback to Dick's early Robin days and he looked like he is still around 16 when he became Robin. Not sure how long ago that is supposed to be now.

I think Dick's a perpetual 20-something at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Dick's a perpetual 20-something at this point.
    hes 23 hes gotta be for the batfimly to make sense
    for 4 robins

The Bat family doesn't make sense for 4 robins + Duke. No matter how old they make Dick's Robin. It never did, but at the same time its a waste of time to think about ages too hard. He's 20 something.

I think you can fit every Robin reasonably in a 15-year timeline, but so far we don't exactly have that yet even though it's been teased.

Ya, but that would take them sitting down, figuring it out, then making sure their writers stick to what they have come up with. Instead though they gave us this vague timeline and let different writers try to make it work for their guys all at the same time, with seemly no coordination between them. I think both Jason and Tim have had multiple origins at this point, and with Duke its a lets just throw things at the wall in a desperate attempt to make him work policy. Trying to nail down exact ages is pointless, and quit frankly DC shouldn't give them exact ages.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-21-2018 at 01:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

With a 15 year timeline, which anyway necessary for Damian to be 13, Dick would have to allready in his late 20 at this point (something between 26 and 23).

The only way arround it would be for Dick to start as Robin either on a very young age, or few years later in Batman career, but that would in both cases compress not really leave enough tie for the other 3 Robins.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    With a 15 year timeline, which anyway necessary for Damian to be 13, Dick would have to allready in his late 20 at this point (something between 26 and 23).

The only way arround it would be for Dick to start as Robin either on a very young age, or few years later in Batman career, but that would in both cases compress not really leave enough tie for the other 3 Robins.
    15 dick is robin 17 titans 18 he becomes nightwing age 20 becomes Batman jason is robin at 16 dies within a yeah comes back (weird Resurrection time//growth) 18 Tim is 17 forever even though he should be 21 but he is 17 when Damian enters

It really odesnt matter to much for Dick and Jason

but tim really cant age, he like beast boy trapped to be an adolecent forever

and having Damian around makes his frozen growth awkward and more apparent

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    15 dick is robin 17 titans 18 he becomes nightwing age 20 becomes Batman jason is robin at 16 dies within a yeah comes back (weird Resurrection time//growth) 18 Tim is 17 forever even though he should be 21 but he is 17 when Damian enters

It really odesnt matter to much for Dick and Jason
    It depends if you are Ok with them starting as Robin at the age of 16 opposed to 12. I like stories with younger Robins and that we can't have them in contiuity anymore is imo a loss.

And in case of Jason it also resulted in a very strange "up aging" of the character, technically he should be way closer in age to Tims generation than to Dicks, but suddenly he is treated like he was Dicks age and suddenly a lot of sharacters that used to be older than him are suddenly younger. The age difference between Jason and the original and "new" Titans was almost the same we have now between Damian and them.

but tim really cant age, he like beast boy trapped to be an adolecent forever

and having Damian around makes his frozen growth awkward and more apparent
    I think Dc has anyway reached a point were they can't really age up characters anymore, if they don't want their A-Listers getting to old. I just don't see how Damian and Jon can get much older without ageing up the rest of the universe to much.

I think Dc has anyway reached a point were they can't really age up characters anymore, if they don't want their A-Listers getting to old. I just don't see how Damian and Jon can get much older without ageing up the rest of the universe to much.
    I think age is something you have to ignore in DC, but there is a little wiggle room with the youngest generation to add a few extra years on.

If Damien goes from ten to thirteen, you should see some changes in him. If Bruce goes from thirty three to thirty six, that's basically an invisible change. If Dick goes from twenty to twenty three, that's also largely an invisible shift. If Tim goes from sixteen to nineteen, you should be able to see that chang.....but we already saw that happen over the course of the 90's to 2011.

As for Dick....I figure he's in his late twenties. I dont need it to be any more precise than that, and actually think it'd be harmful if they did put a specific number on him.

I sort of break it down like this: Justice League generation: late 30's, maybe early 40's. Titans generation: late 20's. Young Justice generation: late teens. Super Sons generation: early teens.

I dont think late 30's or early 40's is a problem, even for the non-powered heroes. Tom Brady is killing it in the NFL and he's 40. If he can play at his level at his age, then Batman and Ollie can do their thing at the same age.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

It depends if you are Ok with them starting as Robin at the age of 16 opposed to 12. I like stories with younger Robins and that we can't have them in contiuity anymore is imo a loss.

And in case of Jason it also resulted in a very strange "up aging" of the character, technically he should be way closer in age to Tims generation than to Dicks, but suddenly he is treated like he was Dicks age and suddenly a lot of sharacters that used to be older than him are suddenly younger. The age difference between Jason and the original and "new" Titans was almost the same we have now between Damian and them.

It doesn't depend on if your ok or not becasue that what happened Dick was orphaned at 15 its jsut enough time to give him a good history being robin, It also makes the death of Damian so impactful, and challenges to robin title

Mighty Member

The Nu52 Bat family timeline never did make any sense. Damian growing older only makes it more confusing.

Extraordinary Member

It doesn't depend on if your ok or not becasue that what happened Dick was orphaned at 15 its jsut enough time to give him a good history being robin, It also makes the death of Damian so impactful, and challenges to robin title
    But a story with a 15 year old Dick (and he was iirc 16 in the new 52 when he became Robin) is differnt then something like Robin: Year One where he is much younger.
    And the older age also takes imo a lot away from the impact of Jasons death, who was originally something like 13 or 14 when he died and and in the new 52 he was allready 17.
    And Damians death didn't really had any longterm impact on any character.

And I find it anyway odd to have Damian start as Robin at such a young age when the others were all allready 16, if the others started as 12 the difference wouldn't be that big.

Extraordinary Member

But a story with a 15 year old Dick (and he was iirc 16 in the new 52 when he became Robin) is differnt then something like Robin: Year One where he is much younger.
    And the older age also takes imo a lot away from the impact of Jasons death, who was originally something like 13 or 14 when he died and and in the new 52 he was allready 17.
    And Damians death didn't really had any longterm impact on any character.

And I find it anyway odd to have Damian start as Robin at such a young age when the others were all allready 16, if the others started as 12 the difference wouldn't be that big.
    Its just what it is now
    Jason is kind of an enigma, they blur out his past because it not a good look to bring up the body count of a hero in their villainous day.
    Also Jason was not 17 in the new 52 he's already 21, tim is 17 which is why tim doesn't like going to the bar with Jason.

Damian death had more impact on the robin role then Jason, since it actually pose the sensible question, about a child crime fighter. I don't expect a new robin for a long time because of it. Their defiantly won't be one as ready to be robin the way Damian was. Its hard to make competent superhero when you can't factor time. Stephanie brown is pretty much a prodigy considering how fast she been taken everything up but she will always be rookie compared to everyone else

Extraordinary Member

Also Jason was not 17 in the new 52 he's already 21, tim is 17 which is why tim doesn't like going to the bar with Jason.
    According to Rebirth Jason was 17 when he died (pre flashpoint he was much younger).
    Jasons current age is unknown, but since Dick is appearently still only 21, Jason is younger than that.
    Tim is actually only 16 according to Rebirth.

Damian death had more impact on the robin role then Jason, since it actually pose the sensible question, about a child crime fighter.
    And Jasons didn't?
    And sorry you can completly erase Damians death and it would really change anything in the current comics, in Jasons case you can't.