D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Damian death had more impact on the robin role then Jason, since it actually pose the sensible question, about a child crime fighter. I don't expect a new robin for a long time because of it. Their defiantly won't be one as ready to be robin the way Damian was. Its hard to make competent superhero when you can't factor time. Stephanie brown is pretty much a prodigy considering how fast she been taken everything up but she will always be rookie compared to everyone else
    Sorry, but I found Jason's death to have far more of an impact on myself, Bruce and Robin than Damian's did. At the time Jason was killed it hadn't yet become a way of life for dead characters to be resurrected and it had a long standing impact on Bruce and Robin to the point that he didn't even want to have another partner when Tim came along asking to become Robin. It even effected Tim's training and his career as Robin. These days character deaths are a joke in my personal opinion and I just don't take them seriously at all. We already knew that whatever Morrison said to the contrary Damian would be back in short order and that fact really just ruins the emotional impact of his death for me. YMMV though. I've yet to see any long standing impact Damian's death had on anyone like Jason's did. It's almost like it never happened even.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And Jasons didn't?
    And sorry you can completly erase Damians death and it would really change anything in the current comics, in Jasons case you can't.
    Yeah, I have to agree with you on that. Jason's death was impactful and the ramifications of it echoed for years. Damian's was erased and forgotten in short order so it hasn't had the same kind of impact at all. Not even close.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Spectacular Member

nightwing42.jpg

NIGHTWING #42

Written by Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing, art by Jorge Corona, cover by Jorge Jimenez, variant cover by Yasmine Putri.
    "The Crimson Kabuki!" When Damian Wayne disappears during a solo mission to Tokyo, Nightwing must enter the seedy underworld to save the boy who was once his Robin. But Dick will have to ascend the Crimson Kabuki's tower of crime and survive a game of death against three of Japan's most powerful fighters. Can Nightwing defeat an entire building of elite fighters, or will he lose Damian forever?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on April 4.

NIGHTWING #43

Written by Michael Moreci, art by Minkyu Jung, cover by Jorge Jimenez, variant cover by Yasmine Putri.
    "The Brave, The Obnoxious and The Inept"! All Dick Grayson wants is a night to himself. But when Robin and Arsenal come calling in need of his help, Dick has to throw on his Nightwing costume and get to work. Before he knows it, he's neck-deep in League of Assassin ninjas and trying to stop Arsenal's sometime-girlfriend from killing them all -- assuming Robin and Arsenal don't kill each other first!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on April 18.

Nightwing in Tokyo and Damian + Roy? Dick fighting with swords against ninjas? lmao I can't wait to read this I bet it's gonna be fun. I also love the description: "Arsenal's sometime-girlfriend".
    ...but did I miss something or is Nightwing getting new writers again?

Quote Originally Posted by OversizedLoad View Post
    nightwing42.jpg

NIGHTWING #42

Written by Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing, art by Jorge Corona, cover by Jorge Jimenez, variant cover by Yasmine Putri.
    "The Crimson Kabuki!" When Damian Wayne disappears during a solo mission to Tokyo, Nightwing must enter the seedy underworld to save the boy who was once his Robin. But Dick will have to ascend the Crimson Kabuki's tower of crime and survive a game of death against three of Japan's most powerful fighters. Can Nightwing defeat an entire building of elite fighters, or will he lose Damian forever?

NIGHTWING #43

Written by Michael Moreci, art by Minkyu Jung, cover by Jorge Jimenez, variant cover by Yasmine Putri.
    "The Brave, The Obnoxious and The Inept"! All Dick Grayson wants is a night to himself. But when Robin and Arsenal come calling in need of his help, Dick has to throw on his Nightwing costume and get to work. Before he knows it, he's neck-deep in League of Assassin ninjas and trying to stop Arsenal's sometime-girlfriend from killing them all -- assuming Robin and Arsenal don't kill each other first!

This cover is so awesome!

Whats going on with the writers.

Astonishing Member

Notable, too, that Abnett's run on "Titans" could be coming to an end based on the final-sounding nature of those solicit plots. So next month's solicts could see Dick getting new writers on both titles.

I'd rather not have to read about Roy in Nightwing, but Minkyu Jung's art will make it tolerable.

It is a little odd that we are getting several new writers. I guess they are part of DC's talent development thing and are meant to give the normal creative team a break. Weird coincidence that both of the stand alone stories have Damian in them too.

Also Jimenez's covers have been great. He's one of the best working at DC right now.
    Last edited by Badou; 01-22-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd rather not have to read about Roy in Nightwing, but Minkyu Jung's art will make it tolerable.

It is a little odd that we are getting several new writers. I guess they are part of DC's talent development thing and are meant to give the normal creative team a break. Weird coincidence that both of the stand alone stories have Damian in them too.

Also Jimenez's covers have been great. He's one of the best working at DC right now.
    ....as always, I disagree with you about Roy However I agree about Minkyu Jung's art - it makes everything better. I wish he could take over for Titans.
    Anyway I think you are right about the break. I think DC just wants to showcase new talents like they did with the team-up with Wally in Nightwing #21. Humphries will most likely take over again. Also I have the feeling we might get a new Robin series or something related to it because he is involved in several books. I'm not complaining. Who knows maybe we will even get Batman & Robin back.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    ....as always, I disagree with you about Roy However I agree about Minkyu Jung's art - it makes everything better. I wish he could take over for Titans.
    Anyway I think you are right about the break. I think DC just wants to showcase new talents like they did with the team-up with Wally in Nightwing #21. Humphries will most likely take over again. Also I have the feeling we might get a new Robin series or something related to it because he is involved in several books. I'm not complaining. Who knows maybe we will even get Batman & Robin back.
    Honestly, I'm indifferent if Humphries comes back. His run so far has been underwhelming and I hope that DC shakes up a lot of things again. Since so many of their books feel stagnant right now, but with Doomsday Clock only coming out every other month now I feel like any big changes won't happen until that story comes to a close. So we will have to wait a while.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OversizedLoad View Post
    nightwing42.jpg

NIGHTWING #42

NIGHTWING #43

Maybe April is the promotion month of Batman Ninja

A Dick, Damian, and Roy team-up should be fun, especially with Cheshire (?) in tow, but two fill-in writers seems kind of random...

Also, when I think "Kabuki," I can't help but think of those Kabuki Twins who worked for Penguin in The Batman cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Honestly, I'm indifferent if Humphries comes back. His run so far has been underwhelming and I hope that DC shakes up a lot of things again. Since so many of their books feel stagnant right now, but with Doomsday Clock only coming out every other month now I feel like any big changes won't happen until that story comes to a close. So we will have to wait a while.
    Well I still have to read the new arc with the new creative team so I can't say much about it yet. It is however unexpected to get a new writer so soon or rather two new writers, it's kinda random. Anyway DC really has to do something. I mean the sales of most of their books are declining and so is the quality. I also don't understand why Doomsday Clock is bi-monthly now. I still have to read it but I didn't expect it to end in 2019. Rebirth started strong but I've noticed it's getting confusing for some readers. But I guess all we can do is wait and see.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Grayson was a better intelligence operative than superhero especially after the Rebirth since Nightwing is just a yes man for the Bat now. The pre-crisis Grayson stood up to Bats more when he was in the green elf booties
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

It's a random question but does anyone knows what Midnighter is up to nowadays? I really miss his interactions with Dick. I was hoping to see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Grayson was a better intelligence operative than superhero especially after the Rebirth since Nightwing is just a yes man for the Bat now. The pre-crisis Grayson stood up to Bats more when he was in the green elf booties
    This is mainly a problem in Titans. Nightwing's first arc dealt with his relationship to Bruce just fine, which doesn't mean I'm not tired of the "Dick struggling to step out of Batman's shadow" stories. Dick has nothing to prove to Batman anymore but DC don't want him to move on, which is why he is stuck in Blüdhaven again.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-22-2018 at 05:30 PM.