Mighty Member

Hahaha... DC forgot the Titans but they remembered the frickin' Teen Titans. Dick and Wally are still not respected even after all this time. Thanks for the Rebirth blueballs, DC. You know what I needed, more Harley and Damian. Great job DC.

BANNED

Its not about respect imo, DC thinks the Titans are doing spectacularly between the comic and the upcoming show. They have no incentive to move them to JL and ruin what they feel is a success. Blame the fans of Titans.

Mighty Member

I think it's better not to talk about the Titans at all. DC doesn't. The teen version are being promoted to Leaguers, while the adult ones are given a time out because they are not perfect.

Why do you have to make mistakes Titans? It's not like the Justice League ever made a mistake in their life.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

@Barbatos666- I'd blame DC for the fans (over)reaction to the current Titans book honestly. After all it was the higher ups that decided to reboot and thought it was a good idea to scrap Titans history in the process so fans became starved for some version of that history. That's likely why fans are buying up the current book even as mediocre as it is.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    @Barbatos666- I'd blame DC for the fans (over)reaction to the current Titans book honestly. After all it was the higher ups that decided to reboot and thought it was a good idea to scrap Titans history in the process so fans became starved for some version of that history. That's likely why fans are buying up the current book even as mediocre as it is.
    Oh yeah, I was just saying that Titans fans are a very satisfied group as a whole. The Damian team in contrast is a bit controversial and has fan bases fighting so it gives DC more incentive to move the characters elsewhere. So in a way fans of Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy should thank Damian because had they been part of Titans they too would have stayed there.

Mighty Member

Well, if you are a fan of Wally or Donna, there is no other book to buy. You also want to tell DC you support these characters. So you buy the book, or else DC will kill or villainize your favorite again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Oh yeah, I was just saying that Titans fans are a very satisfied group as a whole. The Damian team in contrast is a bit controversial and has fan bases fighting so it gives DC more incentive to move the characters elsewhere. So in a way fans of Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy should thank Damian because had they been part of Titans they too would have stayed there.
    Fan bases fight regardless so I'm not sure moving the characters elsewhere has much to do with that. Its far more likely that the bottom line has more to do with it. Most of DCs team books are weak in the quality department and none of them are all that critically acclaimed either. I rather suspect DC is looking for a way to improve both perhaps while also trying to revitalize the line with new directions instead of the same old status quo. I'm just speculating of course.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

BANNED

Fan bases fight regardless so I'm not sure moving the characters elsewhere has much to do with that. Its far more likely that the bottom line has more to do with it. Most of DCs team books are weak in the quality department and none of them are all that critically acclaimed either. I rather suspect DC is looking for a way to improve both perhaps while also trying to revitalize the line with new directions instead of the same old status quo. I'm just speculating of course.
    I'm mostly in agreement, I just think Damian's team moving is because of Damian himself largely because he has no fixed generation or era like Dick. Sometimes being new and not tied to something can trump history and legacy. This is one of those cases.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Well, if you are a fan of Wally or Donna, there is no other book to buy. You also want to tell DC you support these characters. So you buy the book, or else DC will kill or villainize your favorite again and again.
    I don't really understand that mentality to be honest with you. I don't support mediocre books period even if its the only book a favorite character is in. Aside of Nightwing none of the other characters in Titans appear anywhere else regularly and I love all of those character but I just can't rationalize spending $3.99 an issue for a book that's as bland and uninteresting as Titans is. There are far to many other books out there I much rather spend that money on.

Mighty Member

I don't really understand that mentality to be honest with you. I don't support mediocre books period even if its the only book a favorite character is in. Aside of Nightwing none of the other characters in Titans appear anywhere else regularly and I love all of those character but I just can't rationalize spending $3.99 an issue for a book that's as bland and uninteresting as Titans is. There are far to many other books out there I much rather spend that money on.
    Good for you. But some like me are Wally fans who are tired of him being forgotten and treated as a prop by DC. Rebirth was supposed to be his story. I bought hoping this would be true. But alas DC is just a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I'm mostly in agreement, I just think Damian's team moving is because of Damian himself largely because he has no fixed generation or era like Dick. Sometimes being new and not tied to something can trump history and legacy. This is one of those cases.
    I do wonder if this is maybe a step toward Damian getting his own group not tied down to the legacy of the previous Robins or Titans groups.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Good for you. But some like me are Wally fans who are tired of him being forgotten and treated as a prop by DC. Rebirth was supposed to be his story. I bought hoping this would be true. But alas DC is just a liar.
    I bought the book hoping it would not end up being just like every other Titan book before it was in addition to it and Wally supposedly figuring prominently in the overall Rebirth story. I ended up disappointed thrice over myself so I get that. I just feel that supporting a mediocre book with a character I like doesn't do that character any good either and that it sends the wrong message to DC. Instead of it saying "I want more books with this character" I sometimes feel like its really saying "I support ANY book with this character no matter how bad". That's just my opinion and I didn't mean to come off like a jerk or something. Sorry about that.

The Titans isn't doing anything different that says it needs to stay unchanged while JL, JLA, TT need to be relaunched. The joke of story Abnett started in TH is over even. There's no reason that the Titans are omitted from this event and eventual relaunch, while pretty much ever other team DC is publishing has a representative in this event and will probably see changes spinning out. This is very telling on how DC actually sees the Titans team and its member, and its not good. Dick needs to gtfo asap. The team is going nowhere fast. Its embarrassing how irrelevant they are, and soon as those new team books start coming out the Titans are only going to be further buried and left behind.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-27-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The Titans isn't doing anything different that says it needs to stay unchanged while JL, JLA, TT need to be relaunched. The joke of story Abnett started in TH is over even. There's no reason that the Titans are omitted from this event and eventual relaunch, while pretty much ever other team they DC is publishing has a representative. This is very telling on how DC actually sees the Titans team and its member, and its not good. Dick needs to gtfo asap. The team is going nowhere fast. Its embarrassing how irrelevant they are, and soon as those new team books start coming out the Titans are only going to be further buried and left behind.
    I would rather him leave too. A Spyral book would be 100x better than Titans. At the very least Agent 37 fans would have something.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I seriously don't understand why DC even bothered to bring back the Titans. They are throwing them away again. I'm happy Damian gets promoted to a JL team even if it's only temporarily but at the same time it feels like Nightwing and his team got punched in the face. I wish Dick was still Grayson and got to lead his own spy organisation or something I don't care. I would even take the Outsiders. I'm tired of the Titans. I think I might agree with Badou now, maybe the concept is just not meant to work.

The majority of the so-called fans are happy as long as their favorites play happy family, which is why the Titans and Teen Titans are stuck in the same cycle. They are happy as long as the team is around and don't care about the quality of the writing. I mean I could be wrong but this is the impression I get everytime I talk to these "fans" on twitter or tumblr.
    Some of those fans actually think/believe that Dick in Titans is better written, than in his own solo book.