Quote Originally Posted by Grayson The Dark Heir
    So the
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson The Dark Heir
    DC Ink line is launching a Teen Titans series of Graphic Novels aimed at young adults, starring Dick and the Wolfman 4, which is probably worth looking forward to. Kami Garcia is writing and Gabriel Picolo is on art, and we know the first book is about Raven and is coming in 2019. Also, there are quite a few different Batman books coming, too (of course), so while we probably won't get Nightwing, we might end up getting to see Dick as Robin.

I hope you guys will share books like this with some of your younger family members and acquaintances! I know I will be, as it'll be books like the upcoming Mera that'll help grow the market and get new fans reading.
    I'll pick up the Titans line for Picolo's art alone. It'll still probably be better written and more contemporary that Abnett's series. And I'd love to see more Dick as Robin stories. I feel as though there are too few modern stories with the Dynamic Duo.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

Batman and Robin by Doc Shaner
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Looking forward to the TT books Picolo's art teases have been amazing.
    That TT lineup is THE Teen Titans so no issues there.

Conflicted on how I feel about Dick as Robin though. I've often lamented the fact that we don't have modern stories with Dick as Robin since his original stuff doesn't really gel with current trends [so Dick as Robin in the batman novels will scratch that itch] but I also feel that any DC ought to be promoting Nightwing. Dicks current persona.

Also I am biased towards the current Robin so that might be part of the conflict.

I will still be checking em out though.
    I dunno, I feel like DC should promote Dick as both Robin and Nightwing. Then for general audience it would be easier to understand the concept of Robin, who grew up to be his own man.

I thought for sure we were gonna get Nightwing in the TV show, but instead they seem to be going with him as Robin. I think the general audience already understands the concept of Robin, but they are never gonna understand the concept of Nightwing if they don't get it out there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-05-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Doesn't seem like they are promoting Nightwing very much outside of comics though. I thought for sure we were gonna get Nightwing in the TV show, but instead they are going with him as Robin.
    I'd be surprised if we don't see the Robin -> Nightwing transition happen at some point on that show.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    So the DC Ink line is launching a Teen Titans series of Graphic Novels aimed at young adults, starring Dick and the Wolfman 4, which is probably worth looking forward to. Kami Garcia is writing and Gabriel Picolo is on art, and we know the first book is about Raven and is coming in 2019. Also, there are quite a few different Batman books coming, too (of course), so while we probably won't get Nightwing, we might end up getting to see Dick as Robin.

I hope you guys will share books like this with some of your younger family members and acquaintances! I know I will be, as it'll be books like the upcoming Mera that'll help grow the market and get new fans reading.
    The artist will be Gabriel Picolo. YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    So the DC Ink line is launching a Teen Titans series of Graphic Novels aimed at young adults, starring Dick and the Wolfman 4, which is probably worth looking forward to. Kami Garcia is writing and Gabriel Picolo is on art, and we know the first book is about Raven and is coming in 2019. Also, there are quite a few different Batman books coming, too (of course), so while we probably won't get Nightwing, we might end up getting to see Dick as Robin.

I'm always happy to read more stories about Dick as Robin and my little sister loves the Teen Titans so I'll definitely pick it up for her. Gabriel Picolo's art is always a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be surprised if we don't see the Robin -> Nightwing transition happen at some point on that show.
    If the show is a success and actually gets more than one season I'm pretty sure the Robin to Nightwing transition will happen at some point otherwise it would be just a wasted storyline.

I dunno, I feel like DC should promote Dick as both Robin and Nightwing. Then for general audience it would be easier to understand the concept of Robin, who grew up to be his own man.
    That's the conflict because I see and agree with your point though more than that I want modern story of Dick and Bruce as Batman and Robin. Stuff like YJ is dear to me because it gave us a taste of that however I want it in comic form as well.
    However I also strongly feel that Nightwing needs the push more now.
    Dick Grayson is the Iconic Robin who grew up. Yes and I believe majority already know that what with UTRH and replacements now being common knowledge. Now let them get to know the hero he became.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's how I see it, almost as a way to get the GA ready for the eventual Nightwing movie.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Dick Grayson needs more promotion, no matter what he's wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Dick Grayson needs more promotion, no matter what he's wearing.
    facts. We just need more Dick. Robin, Nightwing, even a little Batman, just give us all as much Dick as possible. That's how you get the GA ready, because he's already such a fan favourite and just needs more starring roles, not just exposure. So this Teen Titans book is the right idea, imo.

Also... we don't actually know Dick is Robin, guys. All we know is that this is a YA book, and the 2003 cast seems to be the cast that both Gabriel Picolo and the writer Kami Garcia love, so we can only assume that's the cast we're getting. I mean, she included a gif from that show in her blog post with all 5 members of that cast, so...

Also, nice to see the enthusiasm here. It feels more like an Appreciation thread now. :P

Extraordinary Member

Bruce did ok as a dad, if he didn't Dick and Damian wouldn't have the relationship that they do.
    I thought for sure we were gonna get Nightwing in the TV show, but instead they seem to be going with him as Robin. I think the general audience already understands the concept of Robin, but they are never gonna understand the concept of Nightwing if they don't get it out there.
    I think we will see th transformation, since it happen during his titans days, its not always clear that dick is the robin who became nightwing

BANNED

Do Kory's eyes have pupils?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I'm always happy to read more stories about Dick as Robin and my little sister loves the Teen Titans so I'll definitely pick it up for her. Gabriel Picolo's art is always a plus.

If the show is a success and actually gets more than one season I'm pretty sure the Robin to Nightwing transition will happen at some point otherwise it would be just a wasted storyline.
    you think it might flop?

Thanks for posting. I forgot how much I actually liked these two together lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    you think it might flop?
    I wouldn't say "flop" but we don't really know anything about it yet. We don't know much about this new DC digital service and we don't even know what kind of story we are getting. It's difficult to compare the show to DC's other TV shows. I'm just trying not to get my hopes up until we see a trailer.