Page 1328 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 32882812281278131813241325132613271328132913301331133213381378 ... LastLast
Results 19,906 to 19,920 of 21418
    Extraordinary Member

I just check online Bronze tiger is a villain
    so again i would like to see Nightwing mess around with him,

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Where did this notion that Dick has "too much wanderlust" (or any wanderlust, really) come from? Granted, I'm a 90's Nightwing fan, but during that time, "wanderlust" was most certainly NOT one of his traits. It made SENSE that he operated in one city at a time. Where did this "Dick must be traveling the world constantly" horseshit even COME from?

And can we please once and for all acknowledge that Devin Grayson's retcon that Dick Grayson comes from Romani heritage, done at a time when he'd previously been portrayed as a caucasian male and had always behaved as such, and done most likely because DC wouldn't let her turn him into a bisexual, was a poorly researched and sloppily executed stunt that should be ignored forever?
    Just because it's done bad in the past doesn't mean it can't be handled well in the future by a different writer. Nobody will count the bad story if they have something new and good to replace it. If they want to.

Also, I don't care where it came from. Any elements that can differentiate him with Batman I will consider, whether it's traveling, Circus, being an ideal big brother, sex symbol or Roma heritage, because if he's too similar to Batman, DC will prefer to use that story for Batman. I myself always prefer Batman stories because he has better setting, villain and toys. Nightwing needs to be better, but he won't be prioritized if he's using similar elements. So I want him to be different and excel at that difference.

Of course, that doesn't mean if DC use my idea they will automatically sell. If the standard status quo sells and it satisfies DC enough to not change anything, it is what it is, and I will just make a fanfic.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-29-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Jimenez cover for The Brave, The Obnoxious and The Inept
    DZY2AJEWkAICZ_t.jpg

Mighty Member

Oh hey, it's Roy. The guy that beat Dick up and who barely talk to each other. Nope, not bitter at all that its taken this long to acknowledge their relationship.

Screw their relationship after Titans, lol. Roy sucks, and he is the last Titan I want to see anywhere near Nightwing. It’s a joke that he’s popping up in Nightwing right after that butt wiping of Nightwing in Titans. It’s not like they ever had a strong or mutuallly beneficial relationship.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-30-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Where did this notion that Dick has "too much wanderlust" (or any wanderlust, really) come from? Granted, I'm a 90's Nightwing fan, but during that time, "wanderlust" was most certainly NOT one of his traits. It made SENSE that he operated in one city at a time. Where did this "Dick must be traveling the world constantly" horseshit even COME from?

And can we please once and for all acknowledge that Devin Grayson's retcon that Dick Grayson comes from Romani heritage, done at a time when he'd previously been portrayed as a caucasian male and had always behaved as such, and done most likely because DC wouldn't let her turn him into a bisexual, was a poorly researched and sloppily executed stunt that should be ignored forever?
    Watch your mouth. You may not like the idea, but that doesn't make it a bad one.

We have nothing to aknowledge. You have your opinion and that's fine, but not everybody has to share it.

This back to basics approach on nightwing is far from being a success so far. While Seeley managed to do some great stuff, there are also a lot of boring stuff and nightwing as protector of bludhaven is really not that interesting.

Him wanting to travel makes sense, since he grew up in a circus. It's an inetresting and natural development.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Just because it's done bad in the past doesn't mean it can't be handled well in the future by a different writer. Nobody will count the bad story if they have something new and good to replace it. If they want to.

Also, I don't care where it came from. Any elements that can differentiate him with Batman I will consider, whether it's traveling, Circus, being an ideal big brother, sex symbol or Roma heritage, because if he's too similar to Batman, DC will prefer to use that story for Batman. I myself always prefer Batman stories because he has better setting, villain and toys. Nightwing needs to be better, but he won't be prioritized if he's using similar elements. So I want him to be different and excel at that difference.

Of course, that doesn't mean if DC use my idea they will automatically sell. If the standard status quo sells and it satisfies DC enough to not change anything, it is what it is, and I will just make a fanfic.
    I agree with you about Dc needing to differentiate Dick from Batman more. Lately, he's also been a poor man spidey in the way he's always lamenting about how he didn't do the right thing etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Watch your mouth. You may not like the idea, but that doesn't make it a bad one.

We have nothing to aknowledge. You have your opinion and that's fine, but not everybody has to share it.

This back to basics approach on nightwing is far from being a success so far. While Seeley managed to do some great stuff, there are also a lot of boring stuff and nightwing as protector of bludhaven is really not that interesting.

Him wanting to travel makes sense, since he grew up in a circus. It's an inetresting and natural development.
    Travel also opens up story lines and characters where it would be contrived to feature them in Dick’s home base city. Different environments for Dick to operate in (city, country, forest, desert etc). Not everything happens in Metropolis, Gotham or Bludhaven. As you say, it’s his in background that he travelled around the country so it’s consistent in his characterisation he’d have itchy feet. He doesn’t have anyone tying him to Bludhaven at the moment anyway.

Constantly traveling can make it hard to build a mythos, especially when these characters see so many different creators. Not that it can’t be done. They would just need to find to way to make things like supporting characters travel with him, or have some point to which he regroups back to. With Dick we have seen traveling work and we have seen it not work. Grayson made it work, but with Higgins run not so much. Felt like he was just aimlessly searching for something to do with no support or consistency.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-30-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Constantly traveling can make it hard to build a mythos, especially when these characters see so many different creators. Not that it can’t be done. They would just need to find to way to make things like supporting characters travel with him, or have some point to which he regroups back to. With Dick we have seen traveling work and we have seen it not work. Grayson made it work, but with Higgins run not so much. Felt like he was just aimlessly searching for something to do with no support or consistency.
    They wanted to tie Saiko's reveal to The Court of Owls finale, so they have to stall until the seventh issue, and it shows.

yeah if nightwing travels he would still need an HQ for world building.

BANNED

Screw their relationship after Titans, lol. Roy sucks, and he is the last Titan I want to see anywhere near Nightwing. It’s a joke that he’s popping up in Nightwing right after that butt wiping of Nightwing in Titans. It’s not like they ever had a strong or mutuallly beneficial relationship.
    Man, the trigger.

Like the snapping on a bow`s string in the morning.

Mighty Member

I remember when Dick and Roy were buds and Dick was an uncle to Lian. Those good days.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They would need to provide consistent supporting characters and villains who are similarly not tied down to one location. The Spyral cast (even if they have a headquarters, they can pop up anywhere), Midnighter, Raptor, the new Deathwing, the Fist of Cain, and even the Morrison Bat-villains that Dick has equal claim to like Dr. Hurt, Pyg, Flamingo, and the Club of Villains can travel along with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They would need to provide consistent supporting characters and villains who are similarly not tied down to one location. The Spyral cast (even if they have a headquarters, they can pop up anywhere), Midnighter, Raptor, the new Deathwing, the Fist of Cain, and even the Morrison Bat-villains that Dick has equal claim to like Dr. Hurt, Pyg, Flamingo, and the Club of Villains can travel along with him.
    Exactly.

You build a small supporting cast and rogues gallery in his hometown. Blockbuster and his inner circle of enforcers as well as the endless supply of random thugs in Blockbuster's employ. Maybe bring back Torque, Lady Vic, or whoever. And for the supporting cast you've got a landlord, a couple friends, a cop or three who help Dick stay up to date on the town while he's away.

Then you build another small supporting cast for Dick's travels abroad. The Spyral crew, or a supporting cast built from the concept, would work fine. For villains you have Pyg and his crew, Double Trouble (or whatever those twin acrobat thieves called themselves) Dr. Hurt....Dick's time as Batman opened up a number of villains who could work just fine. And since it's unlikely any of them will get decent panel time in Gotham, where they have to compete against the popularity of Joker, Two-Face, etc., Nightwing may as well take them back. And of course Nightwing has had a few foes who would fit this mold really well if they were taken off the shelf and put back in play.

Add in a few villains who make a point of hunting down Dick wherever he may be, such as Raptor and Deathwing, and you're pretty much ready to go.

A semi-nomadic lifestyle doesn't stop a good supporting cast or setting from being created, you just have to adjust how you do it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.