Page 1341 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 34184112411291133113371338133913401341134213431344134513511391 ... LastLast
Results 20,101 to 20,115 of 21418
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    is that one even still canon, that's the issue that brought up the Romani thing and thus spun his ethnicity into hell
    Since Grayson is canon, yes. Except for the ethnicity. Grayson established he's of Romani descent but no mention how. Nightwing Rebirth specified he's half from her mother's side

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    That's a very dim memory and the issue is buried somewhere in my over-large collection. But I don't believe it was stated that Dick was adopted by Bruce. Wasn't it something to the effect that it was arranged that while in the orphanage he got a job working at Wayne Manor as the cover story?
    No, that one's from the even older Nightwing #0, his first New 52 origin, which since then expanded in Batman and Robin Annual #Iforgot where Dick was taken to live at the Manor after he decided to be Robin, and expanded again in Grayson Secret Origin #8
    In New 52, Nightwing said he was adopted way back in issue #1. It's a throwaway thought box that a lot of people forget because they're too busy angry at Nightwing #0 when it looked like Dick never stay at the Manor.

If Rebirth changed anything, I don't remember except for his mother being Romani.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-11-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Since Grayson is canon, yes. Except for the ethnicity. Grayson established he's of Romani descent but no mention how. Nightwing Rebirth specified he's half from her mother's side

No, that one's from the even older Nightwing #0, his first New 52 origin, which since then expanded in Batman and Robin Annual #Iforgot where Dick was taken to live at the Manor after he decided to be Robin, and expanded again in Grayson Secret Origin #8
    In New 52, Nightwing said he was adopted way back in issue #1. It's a throwaway thought box that a lot of people forget because they're too busy angry at Nightwing #0 when it looked like Dick never stay at the Manor.

If Rebirth changed anything, I don't remember except for his mother being Romani.
    In the Secret Origins issue, which appears in the Grayson Volume 1 trade, it's clarified Dick went into the foster care system but kept escaping to pursue his vendetta against Tony Zucco. He was remanded into Bruce's custody (likely because Bruce didn't want Dick to come to a sticky end, being a kid and all), where he linked Bruce and Batman together, becoming Batman's sidekick and developing the Robin identity.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh, I forgot Secret Origins #1 where it retold the New 52 origin up to one year later, but the last New 52 origin was the Grayson one.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    In the Secret Origins issue, which appears in the Grayson Volume 1 trade, it's clarified Dick went into the foster care system but kept escaping to pursue his vendetta against Tony Zucco. He was remanded into Bruce's custody (likely because Bruce didn't want Dick to come to a sticky end, being a kid and all), where he linked Bruce and Batman together, becoming Batman's sidekick and developing the Robin identity.
    Yeah that's pretty much the same as the older New 52 one

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, I forgot Secret Origins #1 where it retold the New 52 origin up to one year later, but the last New 52 origin was the Grayson one.

Yeah that's pretty much the same as the older New 52 one
    The Grayson Secret Origins was basically exposition on Dick's background, presumably for people introduced to the character through Grayson. It was published between issue #5 and Annual #1, new readers would have had time to warm to Dick as a character. It also shows how he joined Spyral, where Nightwing ended with that being the plan and Grayson starting with Dick already in Spyral.

BANNED

It's actually pretty confusing. When DC has conflicting "what is canon these days?" issues due to their own SLOPPINESS, they tend to cherry-out of the same bowl. Devin Grayson's bit that Dick is some pseudo-person-of-color sticks like glue, but her issue of Gotham Knights with formal adoption with signing paperwork, etc, "never happened." If I didn't like Dick Grayson so gosh-darn much, I wouldn't bother with this crap.

Does it really matter though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Does it really matter though.
    Yes, because Dick Grayson and what happens to ans with him does matter.

But it effects nothing.

I think Brenton Thwaites has got the look down:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Brenton Thwaites has got the look down:
    i cant believe how young he looks he is perfect to play a comic book chracter not allowed to age

That is some very good casting. Looks the part. If only they could do something about Starfire's wig.

Spectacular Member

Anyone else thinks Diego Tinoco would be a great Dick Grayson

BANNED

Babs will be in Nightwing 46 out July.http://https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/status/984500573209677824?s=20

I think every creative team on both Batgirl and Nightwing books have acknowledged this pair.
    Strange to see some people thinking its dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    That is some very good casting. Looks the part. If only they could do something about Starfire's wig.
    Looks the part? That guy on the YouTube fan-movies is a better fit for the role.

Nightwing #44 variant cover by Romita Jr.