Page 1354 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 35485412541304134413501351135213531354135513561357135813641404 ... LastLast
Results 20,296 to 20,310 of 21418
    Mighty Member

Totally recommend Percy's first issue! The art alone is enough for me to buy it (90's comic comeback). It looks to be a mega-arc. Something Dick hasn't had since Grayson. I'm also an oldie so I relate with Dick in this issue.

"Kids addicted with their lightboxes!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Totally recommend Percy's first issue! The art alone is enough for me to buy it (90's comic comeback). It looks to be a mega-arc. Something Dick hasn't had since Grayson. I'm also an oldie so I relate with Dick in this issue.

I thought it was good too and an intriguing start. It’s something that hasn’t been done to death with the character yet if at all. I think Percy understands the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Happy opposite day
    I once came across an old copy of "Seduction of the Innocent" in a old book sale about 45 years ago and kept it in my library, then sold it on eBay a few years ago for over a thousand bucks. Sometimes it's good to be an old comics geek. Dr Wertham taught me a word I've never seen before or since: "ephebic."

I've always wanted to read that. And watch.....crap, what was it called....Refer Madness! Gotta love 1950's era propaganda.

And Percy's first issue (the first single issue of Nightwing I've picked up in ages, because I didn't want to wait until the trade) was solid. Dialogue was decent, the plot is interesting, and Dick doesn't come off as being a total idiot even though he's dealing with something outside his wheelhouse. It's just one issue, but I feel like Percy had better structure, dialogue, and pacing than he does in Arrow (and I've generally enjoyed that book, flaws and all).

Also picked up the Nightwing: The New Order trade (finally!). Very entertaining, and a great Elseworlds tale. I meant to only read the first few pages last night but ended up reading the whole thing instead of going to bed at a reasonable time like I should've. Good art, and a fascinating spin on Dick that stayed true to character while throwing him into a really messed up situation. It was just as good as I had heard it was.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-03-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

DC ARTISTS ALLEY: NIGHTWING BY HAINANU “NOOLIGAN” SAULQUE

Sculpted by Paul Harding
    Size: Figures measure 7.15’’ tall
    MSRP: $40.00 - Each sold separately
    Individually numbered
    On Sale December 2018
    Standard Figure limited to 3,000 pieces
    Black and White Variant Figure limited to 500 pieces

http://batmannotes.com/post/17355072...girl-the-flash

Pretty cool.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

that new teen titans trailers hit me though

Robin should have had amovie by now
    it was all so meta
    Robin's had two movies now... they just sucked :P

Not counting the 60's movie which was awesome.

Some characters have had zero movie presence... but Robin isn't one of them

that new teen titans trailers hit me though

Robin should have had amovie by now
    it was all so meta
    Saw the new trailer and have to say this is my favourite DC movie trailer to date. Such fun. I hope this movie does very well.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post

Sculpted by Paul Harding
    Individually numbered
    On Sale December 2018

Pretty cool.
    Oh What's this ? A new Grayson thing to spend cash I don't have on? Bring it on!
    Damn the Babs one looks SICK as F**k
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-03-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Sculpted by Paul Harding
    Individually numbered
    On Sale December 2018

Pretty cool.
    Yup, it's cool.

Anyway I'm guessing the finale episode of the upcoming Titans series will be named Nightwing, since Dick is still Robin. It would be awesome to see him become Nightwing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post

In the previous issue he had issues setting up his TV connections and didn’t know what Netflix and Chill meant, so it’s not out of the blue for this issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Oh What's this ? A new Grayson thing to spend cash I don't have on? Bring it on!
    Damn the Babs one looks SICK as F**k
    Yeah the Babs one is the best imo. Gonna post it over in the babs thread.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member

Nvm looked it up myself. Googled it and it says average semi tire weighs between 100-110 lbs on average. But the michelin website has it going as high as 125.

But just going on the low end average 110 x 6 + the weight of the bar which is about 45lbs =705 lbs. According to wikipedia the highest weight ever done on a clean and jerk is 588 lbs so Dick just broke the world record by 119 lbs. Not bad.
    Last edited by The World; 05-04-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Robin's had two movies now... they just sucked :P

Not counting the 60's movie which was awesome.

Some characters have had zero movie presence... but Robin isn't one of them
    Robin had his own movie Dick Grayson?

Extraordinary Member

Nvm looked it up myself. Googled it and it says average semi tire weighs between 100-110 lbs on average. But the michelin website has it going as high as 125.

But just going on the low end average 110 x 6 + the weight of the bar which is about 45lbs =705 lbs. According to wikipedia the highest weight ever done on a clean and jerk is 588 lbs so Dick just broke the world record by 119 lbs. Not bad.
    I changed my mind I like Dick as a personal trainers, its flexible on his time so he will never be fired and it wont clash with Nighting

I changed my mind I like Dick as a personal trainers, its flexible on his time so he will never be fired and it wont clash with Nighting
    Right, but it doesn't have to exist. like, if thats all that matters for the job, have him live off bruces money, or the insurance settlement from Haly's seriously, this job is pointless.