Page 1358 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 35885812581308134813541355135613571358135913601361136213681408 ... LastLast
Results 20,356 to 20,370 of 21418
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I will never forgive DC for not letting Waid write Nightwing. Marvel clearly knew it'd be a hit, which is why they let him basically do it for Daredevil.
    This! That Daredevil run was obviously supposed to be Nightwing. It was so good and full of optimism. The thing Nightwing is... Well at least Matt became happy for a while. DC doesn't respect Nightwing. They will do lip service but that's the only thing they will do. Thankfully for them Dick has fans who know, believe and love the character to continue supporting him. They say WB suck for the DC movies, but DC also suck for sabotaging and stalling one of their most popular character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Apparently he is too good to fight sidekicks anymore, even though his orgin is being a petty bitch
    this is ther relationship now, just mocking him

New52 movie universe Nightwing is weak. His only redeemable quality is his relationship with Kori. Other than that he is just a Robin inside an adult body...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    If it's Dick's book, HE should be the one made to look good--not Slade or anybody else.
    But then they shouldn't let him go up against Slade in his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think the Club of Villains should be added to the growing list as well. They are a global threat that would lend themselves wells to a fusion of Nightwing/Agent 37 stories, and nobody is doing anything with them anyway.
    Proper shout, that. My only hesitation is that they weren't exactly written for Dick. But, Dick inheriting much the Morrison era villains makes a certain amount of sense to me.

If Bludhaven needs be his home, thats fine with me. I just wish that it could be more of a home base. If he didn't stay in Bludhaven for an entire arc ever again, I'd be happy. I think thats why the bludhaven arcs felt so dull during seeley's run.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

(I posted at the wrong thread no wonder it doesn't fit)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But then they shouldn't let him go up against Slade in his own book.
    No, he should win out over Slade, at least in his own book. Find a way. Squirrel Girl could beat Slade. At least the artist forgot to draw the crotch arrow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And yet he couldn't do the job of killing/capturing them on his own, so he had the crazy underage girl he was sleeping with do most of the work.
    The Judas main plot was for Slade getting to know all their secrets and identities. It`s just being smart. The only one Terra attacks is Raven because she was unpredictable. Now sure enough, he was created to be their nemesis after all but the moment he gets his own book and writers start to use him outside Wolfman and starts to feature against bigger squads (from Panic in the Skies, pretty much) the efficiency of the Titans related to Slade..which wasn`t big to begin with, takes a dive.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    The Judas main plot was for Slade getting to know all their secrets and identities. It`s just being smart. The only one Terra attacks is Raven because she was unpredictable. Now sure enough, he was created to be their nemesis after all but the moment he gets his own book and writers start to use him outside Wolfman and starts to feature against bigger squads (from Panic in the Skies, pretty much) the efficiency of the Titans related to Slade..which wasn`t big to begin with, takes a dive.
    It definitely was a good plot and sensible on Slade's part. But the point of the story, as even Slade pointed out himself, was that he as getting old. He was a past his prime badass who was still a threat, but needed to do things like recruit Terra in order to get the job done. it's what made him an interesting antagonist, especially when paired against young adult heroes who were still gaining experience. But (and people who have read more of post-Perez Titans than I have can jump in and correct me), Wolfman seems to have lost all objectivity with the character follow JC and spinning him off into his own series. There is no Earthly reason I can fathom the Titans looking to him as an ally and a mentor in some cases after he did the JC to them. And going from being challenged to the inexperienced Teen Titans to stuff like curb stomping the assembled JL is ridiculous. The Titans as more seasoned adults shouldn't look poor when going up against Slade. Wally and Donna especially should be able to take him out without breaking a sweat in a direct confrontation.

How was Dick's showing in No Justice today?

Also kicking myself for forgetting to pick up the New Order trade. Was that any good? I was pretty excited about it, but fell off the monthly wagon.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post

Also kicking myself for forgetting to pick up the New Order trade. Was that any good? I was pretty excited about it, but fell off the monthly wagon.
    spoilers:
    He did not get anything to do got he got his butt kicked with rest of the Titans
    end of spoilers

Well I wouldn't bother getting it if you are expecting Dick to be in it. It isn't a story where he is going to get focus in. His only appearance in the issue was what you saw in the preview. The one small panel of his head where he is trying to say "Titans together" and the other panel where Superman sees that vision of Nightwing dead on the ground with other Titans and other members of different teams.

But the issue was interesting for what it was. Felt very Marvel to me kind of and the art was nice. Just don't go in expecting anything from Nightwing is all. Those JL teams they have been promoting are going to be who you read it for.

I see no clear indication of DC prioritizing Nightwing even with Younger Justice/Titans so what happened in No Justice was expected I don’t see him getting much panel time in this event if at all and Abnett has given no reason to believe that Dick will just be generic leader. I hope Percy improves on his story and not fall off with his low tech Nightwing cause that book has officially moved below selling 30k something Grayson never did

I just got it last week. I enjoyed it. It's......it doesn't paint Dick in a purely heroic light; he's definitely slid into a gray area. But the same can be said of every character there; no one is purely "right" in that story. There's simply different reactions to a difficult situation (started by one horrible event where all involved were victims) and situations that spiraled out of control.

I thought it was good. Dick was still optimistic and positive and felt in-character even though he had ended up in a questionable situation and role. Art was solid, and I think Dick got a good showing despite being at least halfway on the wrong foot. I'd definitely check it out, but keep it mind you're reading an Elseworld; this isn't supposed to be Nightwing as you recognize him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I coulda sworn that Dick was in charge of "Team Earth," so I was hoping he had a bigger presence. I won't be picking it up otherwise. That would be the only reason for me to suffer through a recent Scott Snyder comic.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ya they said hes gonna be one of the heads of team earth, but team earth itself doesn’t seem like it’s very important. It’s like a consolation prize.