Page 1377 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 37787712771327136713731374137513761377137813791380138113871427 ... LastLast
Results 20,641 to 20,655 of 21418

He has a team, and its been an utter nightmare. Its truly sad but teams don't seem to benefit him anymore for some reason. He just come off looking like shit. I don't get it, but I seriously can't remember the last team he was on team that actually benefited his character or presented him favorably. Seriously someone on his own team always ends up kicking his ass for some reason even.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-23-2018 at 08:20 PM.

BANNED

I dont mean it like this, a team of younger heroes he can lead and teach. The titans have very little respect for nightwings authority as the leader. He is their friend first and foremost.

Dick has a lot to teach, and its a good opportunity to give him an interesting struggle and a place to grow.
    Last edited by Mataza; 05-23-2018 at 08:18 PM.

LoL, That's the Titan's new direction. Dick on teams is just a prop to help try and get other character over. Next it'll be Miss Martian kicking his ass. Just wait an see.

On that note, damn you DC. Ive gone from saying how Dick needs a team prior to Rebirth, to now keep him out of teams altogether. That make's me sad...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-23-2018 at 08:36 PM.

BANNED

I was talking about a role similar to wolverine. Maybe a moral compass for troubled kids as well.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    In Humphries run, didn't he say that Dick had a degree in criminology? He could work in a crime lab and covertly slip leads to Svoboda.
    Too close to Barry. I also imagine if Dick is anywhere near a crime, he'd prefer to be on the field, gathering evidence on his own, analyzing them and capturing the perpetrator as a superhero detective. Barry needs to be in crime lab because he was looking for his mother's murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, That's the Titan's new direction. Dick on teams is just a prop to help try and get other character over. Next it'll be Miss Martian kicking his ass. Just wait an see.

On that note, damn you DC. Ive gone from saying how Dick needs a team prior to Rebirth, to now keep him out of teams altogether. That make's me sad...
    Sidekick it is then.

Dick on Doom Patrol. They ask for his help because they have trouble interacting with other heroes.

Manager for an MLS team. Just saying lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Too close to Barry. I also imagine if Dick is anywhere near a crime, he'd prefer to be on the field, gathering evidence on his own, analyzing them and capturing the perpetrator as a superhero detective. Barry needs to be in crime lab because he was looking for his mother's murderer.
    Dick would make a good teacher teaching criminology. His firsthand experience is second only to Batman, his day job depends on the writer (cop, circus manager, bartender, rehabilitating former criminals, running a gym etc) and it's a decent cover for using lab equipment on Nightwing cases. Sometimes he may get inspiration for a break on a Nightwing case from work one of his students submits. It would be funny to see Dick try to get Damien or Alfred to mark papers. It's not encroaching onto Barry's territory as a CSI, and an organic way for Dick to meet his next love interest (if DC tease him with Barbara, get them together or stop the teasing).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Dick would make a good teacher teaching criminology. His firsthand experience is second only to Batman, his day job depends on the writer (cop, circus manager, bartender, rehabilitating former criminals, running a gym etc) and it's a decent cover for using lab equipment on Nightwing cases. Sometimes he may get inspiration for a break on a Nightwing case from work one of his students submits. It would be funny to see Dick try to get Damien or Alfred to mark papers. It's not encroaching onto Barry's territory as a CSI, and an organic way for Dick to meet his next love interest (if DC tease him with Barbara, get them together or stop the teasing).
    Hey yeah. That could work. He has the skills, the teaching experience, it's social, and if it's in a campus there's loads and loads of supporting cast and areas they could explore. It's like Saint Hadrian, but lawful good. ^^

Does he have the degree/qualifications, that's the question, because I heard he didn't graduate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    I dont mean it like this, a team of younger heroes he can lead and teach. The titans have very little respect for nightwings authority as the leader. He is their friend first and foremost.

Dick has a lot to teach, and its a good opportunity to give him an interesting struggle and a place to grow.
    With friends like most of the Titans, Dick doesn't need enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Manager for an MLS team. Just saying lol.
    lolwut?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

I mean, he can have a team, it just needs to be written by literally any human other than abnett.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    In Humphries run, didn't he say that Dick had a degree in criminology? He could work in crime lab and covertly slip leads to Svoboda.
    That would be news to me. But then, I didn't read Humpries run, so...

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Actually, yeah that makes more sense than I initially thought it would. I think he would find lecturing way too boring, but teaching labs and procedure and watching his students eyes light up when they first get it... thats something I could see him loving.

And that is something that I think he would need from a day job. I think he, especially as he is being written as a millenial (given that he is in his mid twenties and it is currently 2018), I think he would want to find purpose in his work. He would want it to line up with his values, or it would feel like a draining waste of time. Thats another reason that I think that personal trainer is such a freaking flop.

Extraordinary Member

this shoudl have happened

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I mean, he can have a team, it just needs to be written by literally any human other than abnett.
    I know. Im just really bitter about his team situation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hey yeah. That could work. He has the skills, the teaching experience, it's social, and if it's in a campus there's loads and loads of supporting cast and areas they could explore. It's like Saint Hadrian, but lawful good. ^^

Does he have the degree/qualifications, that's the question, because I heard he didn't graduate.
    I’m sure Bruce wouldn’t mind greasing the wheels a bit. Dick would be annoyed, but get over it after seeing the positives. Still, the campus would undergo regular damage if it was Dick’s hub (if his position came with accomodation). Certainly his class would fill up when people hear about the hot new criminology teacher (bringing in tuition money for the school as well). Even a teaching assistant position would allow for this setting.

Also, Dick would have a reason to meet up with Barry, to ask advice or consult on a case. Reconnecting with the DCU.