Page 1378 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 3788781278132813681374137513761377137813791380138113821388 ... LastLast
Results 20,656 to 20,670 of 21418

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    I’m sure Bruce wouldn’t mind greasing the wheels a bit. Dick would be annoyed, but get over it after seeing the positives. Still, the campus would undergo regular damage if it was Dick’s hub (if his position came with accomodation). Certainly his class would fill up when people hear about the hot new criminology teacher (bringing in tuition money for the school as well). Even a teaching assistant position would allow for this setting.

Also, Dick would have a reason to meet up with Barry, to ask advice or consult on a case. Reconnecting with the DCU.
    How long would it last when Dick starts ditching his classes again?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    How long would it last when Dick starts ditching his classes again?
    A traveling circus appears

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    A traveling circus appears
    And everybody says, "Oh, look! How quaint!"

BANNED

Three days and no sign of life here. Has DC finally succeeded in poisoning all the Wingnuts?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Three days and no sign of life here. Has DC finally succeeded in poisoning all the Wingnuts?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It's true then! We really ARE zombies!!!

Nothing has happened so, yeah, i mean how much can we complain about Nightwing being mistreated and/or ignored, Bludhaven sucking, Titans sucking and if Dick should change his codename

Yeah, just not much to talk about. Dick's irrelevant in Doomsday Clock, he's irrelevant in Snyder's No Justice and big JL story, he is still stuck on a terrible Titans team written by Abnett that is going nowhere, and his solo book is now monthly and in the slow part of setting things up and focusing on Bludhaven. The only thing I'm interested in is seeing how Percy's story is supposed to expand beyond Bludhaven, but it will take several months until we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, just not much to talk about. Dick's irrelevant
    Completely agree.

Ya, maybe they should make him the new Oracle...

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yeah, why not, he could be Barbara support in the field or just leave Bludhaven to her .

If Dick’s Titans was Independent again I would give that book a try but with him under the JL and being challenged by Miss Martian and Damian Independent I just consider Abnett another failed attempt to write the Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hey now, he may be going through an irrelevant phase or a rough patch, but he's not Tim levels of irrelevant. I don't think he ever can be.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hey now, he may be going through an irrelevant phase or a rough patch, but he's not Tim levels of irrelevant. I don't think he ever can be.
    Oh, we're doing irrelevance again?

I still maintain that Nightwing is going to be trapped in a cycle of irrelevance until DC wises up and realizes that the best way to approach the character isn't to keep him in the "Gotham" mold, but to embrace his entire, varied history and let him be something other than a Robin By Another Name.

Seriously, the solution is in the name itself. Nightwing. Sounds Bat-like. But came from Superman (and in post-Crisis was inspired by both heroes, if not Kryptonian mythology). Dick's a dude with both feet in different worlds; limiting him to just a crime-ridden city is like cutting off a leg and leaves him as a less effective, less storied Bat-lite.

Batman and other Gotham vigilantes might moonlight on different teams like the League, but they're still Gotham vigilantes at heart. Dick isn't. Dick truly is the result of two very different paths, and his appeal lies in that dynamic, not in making him a Bat-clone.

>sigh< DC just needs to give me the reigns to the character. I'll straighten him out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.