Page 1386 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 3868861286133613761382138313841385138613871388138913901396 ... LastLast
Results 20,776 to 20,790 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    BIG MISTAKE

Put spoilers on that shiz yo.

But also what? I’m typically an advocate of writers taking liberties with characters for the sake of interesting stories, but this is just wrong in every way. I’m hoping that this is just an assumption made on the article writers behalf. Otherwise, I’d like a good in-story explanation
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Does the book even say if it's Dick or Tim? Wasn't the Deathstroke/Damian thread concluded it was Tim?

So did the book ever said it or not? If it's not, then CBR is just jumping the gun again.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Does the book even say if it's Dick or Tim? Wasn't the Deathstroke/Damian thread concluded it was Tim?

So did the book ever said it or not? If it's not, then CBR is just jumping the gun again.
    I saw in DC wiki and comicvine and in both places I saw Tim.

Fantastic Member

What I reaĺly dislike are stories that insults the audience intelligence. This is on the subject of the titans and Dick's current status quo.

I did finally read the Titans special today, and i would say it was ok, has narrative goes only the very end ruined it. The part that batman sends ms martian to chaperone the team. That fact it was Batman was what made the concept stupid. Batman allows his actual underage kid Damian, to run around the DCU unsupervised with his 10 yrs old friend Jon but thinks Dick a young adult in his mid twenties needs supervision.

This indeed insults the audiences intelligence, it just as dumb as Nightwing 'a guy in his twenties who worked in a high tech spy agency, calling Barbara with a cord phone in 2018. That alone irritated me about his current series more than anything.
    It is this dumb ideas that ruin these books, I would be fine with the titans been the underdogs the justice league, if we are not getting this stupid idea that undermine the characters.

To me Nightwing is the problem with the titan books, it looks like the writer doesn't want to write him because of his solo which is bad. It pisses me off as a Nightwing fan who hates the direction of this solo series.
    I would like to read about Dick under a different direction, with actually friendships, love interest, living a more larger life like he was in grayson. Than been stalk with the same old boring bludhaven and Barbara in his solo that goes nowhere.

The fact, that since rebirth he made no accomplishment or development pisses me off. The writer spent all those pages developing characters that are no longer part of the team. Dick has no life on the titans and has a lead on this franchise that is a problem.

And speaking, of the state of Nigtwing solo series. Why is it that DC is so hell bent on giving every batman sidekick a solo series, when batman was never a solo act himself? I have noticed they continue to struggle to write meaning ful stories with all of them (Nightwing, batgirl, batwoman etc), for some reason they have to be the lone ranger in their books. Batman was never that, it was always a duo partnership with Dick and the others.

DC struggles to find stable supporting characters for Nightwing, batgirl books when, thaty already have that in Tim, Stephanie, Luke fox, Cass etc, it's a crime that Tim is going into limbo, when he could be in nightwing. But DC is ok to shoving all this characters into one book Tec.

My point, is that I don't think the problem with nightwing will ever be resolved, because the concept is flawed. DC made the mistake at the start 22 years ago when they decided to write nightwing a derivative of batman as a marvel character.
    Batman was never a lone ranger like daredevil or Spiderman, he was a guy who worked better in a duo partnership. It is the same thing Nightwing needs to better his solo series. The lone ranger act may work in a mini but never long term. DC making Jason's series, Redhood and _____, was the best idea. I believe it would benefit Jason long term, except if DC ruins it all by giving him a solo series.

DC needs to drop Nightwing as a solo and make it duo solo, Nightwing and____, series. I know I would enjoy a book like that.

Thank God that despite an underwhelming solo series and an outright poor team series, we still have things to look forward for for Dick.

Between the DickBats arc with Lee Weeks and all of the Nightwing art we have seen from Daniels on Twitter, I think we can look forward to seeing a lot more of Dick in Batman. And to be honest, between King’s solid work with Dick as Grayson, his appreciation, knowledge, and experience with the character; and King’s high profile status, I will take King writing Dick in any capacity over any other appearance.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw in DC wiki and comicvine and in both places I saw Tim.
    Wiki and Vine are fan created content, they can include fan interpretation. What is written in the book?

Wiki and Vine are fan created content, they can include fan interpretation. What is written in the book?
    So is the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It varies, but it's generally the 10th or 1tth best selling ongoing they've got, only beaten out regularly by the four Batman and Superman books, Justice League, Flash, Wonder Woman, Harley and Supergirl.
    And they run, what, around 45-50 books a month?

Ah crap, that's not terrible at all. Okay, I suppose the market has spoken and the current Titans title isn't broken. At least from a business perspective. I still think it's a terrible book (from what I've seen) and it isn't living up to the property's potential, but it seems as though we here are in the minority. Alas.

It outsells Nightwing? Really? I mean, I know Dick hasn't always had the best runs, but even at its worst it seems better than Abnett's Titans. And I like Abnett as a writer. Just not on this particular book.

Ah hell, it's probably DC editorial forcing the same old Fab5/NTT garbage because it sold well thirty years ago. Maybe this new roster and direction will allow Abnett to write a better book.....when it comes out, someone tell me if it's an improvement, okay?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yes and no. It ranks higher, not by that much, but Nightwing sells twice a month. But ya, its not like the market is sick of the Titans brand or something.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-16-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So is the article.
    I know. That's why I asked for the book. The exact quote, no assumption.

The book hasn't reveled who the Robin is.

The book hasn't reveled who the Robin is.
    Well, there you go. Everyone's just jumping the gun.

Well, there you go. Everyone's just jumping the gun.
    Well, in the book "Robin" said that he lost the costume because of Damian, and that he wanted to check the DNA test to know the truth about his father. The only one Robin who made both (losing the costume and checking the DNA test) was Tim, so it's not just jumping the gun

Yes and no. It ranks higher, not by that much, but Nightwing sells twice a month. But ya, its not like the market is sick of the Titans brand or something.
    I can't imagine the community buying that book and thinking it was quality though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Titans isnt crap. It just isnt very good. But if you like the characters its perfectly readable.