Page 1388 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 3888881288133813781384138513861387138813891390139113921398 ... LastLast
Results 20,806 to 20,820 of 21418

Ya, thats a lovely statue.

Man, those Nightwing solicits have my complete attention. This is exactly the kind of stuff I've wanted to see out of Nightwing. A death race? Mobius chair? Leviathan? Hell yeah. It's like Percy was reading my posts, it's so right up my alley.

I hope the issues actually live up to these descriptions. I liked Percy's first issue of Nightwing well enough, but haven't picked up the second issue yet. What do you guys say? Is it at least the same quality as his Arrow? I liked that enough to trade wait it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Too lazy to find it now, but Percy confirmed the book is back to being twice monthly. Which means we get #50 in October now (and #51), guessing something relatively big will happen in it.

So in July, we get Batgirl #25 and Nightwing #46. In August, we get Nightwing #47 and the Annual #1. September, #48 and an oversized #49. And over these months, from#51-55, and probably beyond, we get Dick in King's Batman. And now even Titans may be going twice monthly, but regardless it's getting an oversized #25 and #26 in September. Looks like someone just remembered the Titans series and YJO comes out this year, and that it'll do DC good to promote Dick more. Although I'm sure King is using Dick because he wants to and that Percy is only writing so much because he easily can.

I’m glad the double ship is back, and Percy has not been bad so far. Still not sold on the art though. I just don’t think it fits.

Astonishing Member

Plus issue 49 is 48 pages. And yeah, the art is certainly different at the moment

Fantastic Member

The double shipping on both nightwing and the titans on that month ,might be a DC promotion for the digital shows lunching later this year.
    This also indicates the dcu service may lunch September.

Mighty Member

September Nightwing Expenses

Nightwing #48 & #49 = $8.00
    Titans #25 & #26 = $9.00
    Batman #54 = $4.00

More or less $21.00 just for my Nightwing comics... I might even add Batman #55 for another $4.00 depending how much Dick plays in the story. If I don't buy one console game then that is at least 2 months of Nightwing. Rest in Peace my gaming hobby. Hello more Mr. Grayson

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Too lazy to find it now, but Percy confirmed the book is back to being twice monthly. Which means we get #50 in October now (and #51), guessing something relatively big will happen in it.

So in July, we get Batgirl #25 and Nightwing #46. In August, we get Nightwing #47 and the Annual #1. September, #48 and an oversized #49. And over these months, from#51-55, and probably beyond, we get Dick in King's Batman. And now even Titans may be going twice monthly, but regardless it's getting an oversized #25 and #26 in September. Looks like someone just remembered the Titans series and YJO comes out this year, and that it'll do DC good to promote Dick more. Although I'm sure King is using Dick because he wants to and that Percy is only writing so much because he easily can.
    Dick is playing a part in King's Batman, but I'm not buying until I know he will have at least 1/3 "screen time". I read King's Batman in trades. It would take a lot to move it to my pull list, especially when Justice League is also double shipping. The recent Batgirl & Nightwing team up was just okay, so I might skip Batgirl #25. Although this might change when I hear in the next months those issues were great. The $3.99 double shipping is killing my wallet faster than Steam sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What do you guys say? Is it at least the same quality as his Arrow? I liked that enough to trade wait it.
    If you like his previous issue, you will like his recent issue. For me, his Nightwing run is not in the same quality as his Green Arrow. But it might be too early to tell. He has only written two issues.
    Last edited by yohyoi; 06-19-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    If you like his previous issue, you will like his recent issue. For me, his Nightwing run is not in the same quality as his Green Arrow. But it might be too early to tell. He has only written two issues.
    Thanks. Maybe I'll pick up the second issue this weekend when I hit the LCS. I was on the fence about it, and still am, but that "death race" solicit is really making me question whether I should give it a little bit to find its stride. Percy's Arrow was fun, in a heavy-handed, beat-you-with-a-club-with-its-message kinda way. It was fitting for Ollie's character so I felt it fit, but I hope for more subtlety from his Nightwing. Maybe I'll give Percy a real shot to win me over here......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    September Nightwing Expenses

Nightwing #48 & #49 = $8.00
    Titans #25 & #26 = $9.00
    Batman #54 = $4.00

More or less $21.00 just for my Nightwing comics... I might even add Batman #55 for another $4.00 depending how much Dick plays in the story. If I don't buy one console game then that is at least 2 months of Nightwing. Rest in Peace my gaming hobby. Hello more Mr. Grayson
    He's worth it.

Im happy about the double ship, but it’s a little confusing. Creatively there doesn’t really seem to be a push or something to help accommodate it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-19-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thanks. Maybe I'll pick up the second issue this weekend when I hit the LCS. I was on the fence about it, and still am, but that "death race" solicit is really making me question whether I should give it a little bit to find its stride. Percy's Arrow was fun, in a heavy-handed, beat-you-with-a-club-with-its-message kinda way. It was fitting for Ollie's character so I felt it fit, but I hope for more subtlety from his Nightwing. Maybe I'll give Percy a real shot to win me over here......
    I thought the second issue was just as good if not better than the first. It does have some heavy hand to it though, not enough to get on my nerves or anything. Didn't read GA so not sure how it compares there for your taste. I'm going to check this whole current arc out, it seems pretty cool. Hopefully it stays good or gets even better because like you, I'm loving the sound of a motorcycle death race.

Mighty Member

Maybe something interesting can happen faster now.

Extraordinary Member

Titans must debut in september to make the most of all the dick grayson issues

Astonishing Member

I wonder if this is Percy's upcoming Morrison homage storyline. I mean kinda feels that way. Leviathan, Silencer (new supplementary Leviathan concept), Flamingo, a motorcycle death race. Mobius Chair stuff? Say word?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com