Page 1425 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 42592513251375141514211422142314241425142614271428 LastLast
Results 21,361 to 21,375 of 21418

Smart man.

Astonishing Member

For those of you who have their purchasing decisions affected by these details - Dick isn't in Batman #52, but he does make a small appearance in Deathstroke #34.

The Deathstroke story is set during the time of Tim's supposed death in "Detective Comics" - and features Dick giving the most hilariously half-arsed eulogy, before Damian points out that the first thing Dick did when he took over as Batman was to have Tim replaced.

I've got nothing against Tim, but it made me laugh.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    For those of you who have their purchasing decisions affected by these details - Dick isn't in Batman #52, but he does make a small appearance in Deathstroke #34.

The Deathstroke story is set during the time of Tim's supposed death in "Detective Comics" - and features Dick giving the most hilariously half-arsed eulogy, before Damian points out that the first thing Dick did when he took over as Batman was to have Tim replaced.

I've got nothing against Tim, but it made me laugh.
    Of all people I've never thought Damian would be the one that accused Dick of replacing Tim. It's a hard choice for Dick and I thought Damian would understand. But the story is just a crossover, so whatever.

But I sorta liked the forged letter part. Just imagine the look on Damian's face when he found out hahaha.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 08-01-2018 at 06:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Of all people I've never thought Damian would be the one that accusing Dick of replacing Tim. It's a hard choice for Dick and I thought Damian would understand. But the story is just a crossover, so whatever.

But I sorta liked the forged letter part. Just imagine the look on Damian's face when he found out hahaha.
    I'll have to take a look at it. Why wasn't Bruce giving the eulogy, too overcome with grief for his favorite ex-Robin? No, I don't expect Damian to understand much in the way of human emotions--he's TRYING--but he has the blunt honesty of a child and no tact whatsoever. He likely doesn't get it that adults sometimes have to stumble their way through awkward moments.

Mighty Member

Damian needed to be Robin more than Tim at that time. It gave him purpose. Dick was right. Tim needed to grow up past Robin. If Tim can't then he isn't as smart as people say he is. He needs to mature.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Damian needed to be Robin more than Tim at that time. It gave him purpose. Dick was right. Tim needed to grow up past Robin. If Tim can't then he isn't as smart as people say he is. He needs to mature.
    I would agree with you here. I don't understand why Tim wants to keep the training wheels on. He's ready for his identity--I think the silly moniker Red Robin is holding the character back and it's just DC being too lazy to do anything else with him. Dick's decision many years ago to become his own man was done so well and painstakingly by Wolfman and Perez--it so totally sucks that DC has chosen to go with Max Allan Collins' "fouled up and fired" abortion through all these reboots.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'll have to take a look at it. Why wasn't Bruce giving the eulogy, too overcome with grief for his favorite ex-Robin? No, I don't expect Damian to understand much in the way of human emotions--he's TRYING--but he has the blunt honesty of a child and no tact whatsoever. He likely doesn't get it that adults sometimes have to stumble their way through awkward moments.
    Bruce was silently standing there and staring at a photo including all the Robins and Duke. But it's not about Bruce or Tim or Damian. Characters are just characters. Just my opinion on Batfam conflict with Priest's.

Fantastic Member

Everything Tim did, Dick did it better in the 70s and 80s.Even his dramatic goodbye to Bruce in latest Rebirth. Tne reason i am not into Tim that much, is that a big part of his existence is attached with so many lies and cover-up and retcons about the previous Robins by DC and fandom like Jason was "the bad Robin" and Dick "had no personality" and "was incompetent", and with him being higher class, destroyed one of the most interesting parts of Bruce's perspectives aka his dream to see less of the class and social imbalance. (My favorite was always that time when Bruce says Gordon that 'that boy [Jason] is more mature than both of us" No, DC, you just dont reduce Dick's traits to 3 including his ass and Jason's to 2 while taking away Tim's core purpose itself and then lie to us that they "have no personality" compared to Tim. Tim is the most bland Robin in existence made up and he needs a crowded batfam for him to provide his help. Take that a way and we have the poor overrated book Red Robin and Rebirth and Tim stepping all over Dick, Jason and Babs in roles and skills and become Sue Tim.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 08-01-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Sometimes you can totally understand a thing but its still hard to accept. When Dick made the choice,it's not merely between Tim and Damian,it's between Tim and Bruce Wayne's son. Given that Bruce was dead at that time,Damian was kind of like the last thing he left in the world. What could Dick do? Personally I think Tim had all the rights to feel betrayed and being angry at Dick. But the writer should understand all the emotions behind Dick's choice. Have someone else blame Dick for replacing Tim, especially Damian of all people?I dont think its a good idea.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 08-01-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

Damian is a nice kid. He reminded me of so many grown up youngest kids including myself. He may act stupid and nobody liked him when young but when he grows up he began to realize the full scene of everyone's action and circumtances and situations in his family in the past and began to wish how things could be better and how authorized figures (Bruce and Dick here) and himself could have done things better althought they couldnt and he could be pretty harsh in words. Everyone freaks out because he blames Dick but i think it's very nice and realistic touch. I'm sure Damian would say the same thing to Bruce about firing Dick and treating him like **** if he knew Dick's own story too. The eldest usually doesn't make himself understood in "hey brother i know what you did" situations anymore - my eldest siblings just laugh and leave it for another time. I legit cried when my older brother really told me his full thoughts and story. The time when Bruce was dead is a difficult time for everyone.

Damian needed to be Robin more then Tim at the time, because at the time Dick and Damian was a far more appealing prospect as the new Batman and Robin then Dick and Tim. They needed to make Dick’s Batman his own, and something new and different then what things were from before. And Damian did just that.

In story Damian was Bruce’s son and someone Dick was now responsible for. It was Dicks responsiblilty now to be there and save Damian, much like Bruce did for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Everything Tim did, Dick did it better in the 70s and 80s.Even his dramatic goodbye to Bruce in latest Rebirth. Tne reason i am not into Tim that much, is that a big part of his existence is attached with so many lies and cover-up and retcons about the previous Robins by DC and fandom like Jason was "the bad Robin" and Dick "had no personality" and "was incompetent", and with him being higher class, destroyed one of the most interesting parts of Bruce's perspectives aka his dream to see less of the class and social imbalance. (My favorite was always that time when Bruce says Gordon that 'that boy [Jason] is more mature than both of us" No, DC, you just dont reduce Dick's traits to 3 including his ass and Jason's to 2 while taking away Tim's core purpose itself and then lie to us that they "have no personality" compared to Tim. Tim is the most bland Robin in existence made up and he needs a crowded batfam for him to provide his help. Take that a way and we have the poor overrated book Red Robin and Rebirth and Tim stepping all over Dick, Jason and Babs in roles and skills and become Sue Tim.
    You've summed up my feelings about the whole thing entirely. I would say Tim needs a crowded Batfamily so that his fanboy writers and editors can prop him up at the expense of the others. He started out a nice--albeit creepy stalker--kid, and now he's just been handed these different abilities without ever working for them--supercomputer brain, Olympic level athlete/acrobat, world's greatest detective, cloning metahumans, chosen heir of both Batman and Ra's al Ghoul, etc etc etc. He's a total Timmy Sue. Without adoring fanboy writers like Tynion, maybe Tim would be more interesting if he had to work for something instead of being the Prom Queen of the Batfamily. Dick, Jason, and Damian should NOT suffer odious comparisons in order to make Tim look so much better, smarter, wonderful-er, etc etc etc.

Dick made the right choice, and they all know it. It was what both Tim and Damian needed. As Hurt pointed out, he redeemed Damian, he was the one who show him the way to be an hero. Such as he gave Tim the reason to step outside on his own.
    Damon is just reacting. After the video, and all the things that Tim told him, he can't stand Dick saying how good Tim was. He need to say something. He took the chance to talk with his father about that video and the DNA test.
    I like Priests taking on the characters, they all are so much recognizable. I think he really understand what their feelings are.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Dick made the right choice, and they all know it. It was what both Tim and Damian needed. As Hurt pointed out, he redeemed Damian, he was the one who show him the way to be an hero. Such as he gave Tim the reason to step outside on his own.
    Damon is just reacting. After the video, and all the things that Tim told him, he can't stand Dick saying how good Tim was. He need to say something. He took the chance to talk with his father about that video and the DNA test.
    I like Priests taking on the characters, they all are so much recognizable. I think he really understand what their feelings are.
    That's a good take. Thanks, guess I should re-read the whole arc.

Mighty Member

With the new Bat family costume designs, I'm actually thankful of the new Titans design. Blue Nightwing is perfect. It doesn't need a major change. Only the fingerstripes is missing.