Page 1426 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 4269261326137614161422142314241425142614271428 LastLast
Results 21,376 to 21,390 of 21418
    Mighty Member

Also Jason is bald now. He looks like a henchman or part of the Wrecking Crew. Wacky. Yup, Blue Nightwing is perfect. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    With the new Bat family costume designs, I'm actually thankful of the new Titans design. Blue Nightwing is perfect. It doesn't need a major change. Only the fingerstripes is missing.
    Jason's redesign is hilarious. He looks like a 90s biker character.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

With the new Bat family costume designs, I'm actually thankful of the new Titans design. Blue Nightwing is perfect. It doesn't need a major change. Only the fingerstripes is missing.
    Where can I see this?

BANNED

You got a link to these? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Where can I see this?
    And @oasis1313

You can find the new Jason look on DCNation #3 and in his own appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Where can I see this?
    And @oasis1313

You can find the Jason's new look on DCNation #3 and in his own appreciation thread.

Wait, Dick has a new costume? Anyone have a link or photo?

Haven't made it to the LCS the last week or two, and not gonna make it down for a while yet (stupid work). Anyone got a scan they can share?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DC Explains Why Nightwing is The Most Important Hero

https://screenrant.com/nightwing-bes...perhero-comic/

Zack Snyder Confirms Joker Killed Dick Grayson Robin in the DCEU

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-d...bin-dead-dceu/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    Zack Snyder Confirms Joker Killed Dick Grayson Robin in the DCEU

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-d...bin-dead-dceu/
    Isn't Zach fired yet?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Isn't Zach fired yet?
    Yes. He is just trying to mess with Warner because they kicked him out.

Fantastic Member

And I think this is the new uniform @yohyoi referred to:
    F8B31453-36E6-4C59-9C20-846A96ABF285.jpg
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 08-02-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Everything Tim did, Dick did it better in the 70s and 80s.Even his dramatic goodbye to Bruce in latest Rebirth. Tne reason i am not into Tim that much, is that a big part of his existence is attached with so many lies and cover-up and retcons about the previous Robins by DC and fandom like Jason was "the bad Robin" and Dick "had no personality" and "was incompetent", and with him being higher class, destroyed one of the most interesting parts of Bruce's perspectives aka his dream to see less of the class and social imbalance. (My favorite was always that time when Bruce says Gordon that 'that boy [Jason] is more mature than both of us" No, DC, you just dont reduce Dick's traits to 3 including his ass and Jason's to 2 while taking away Tim's core purpose itself and then lie to us that they "have no personality" compared to Tim. Tim is the most bland Robin in existence made up and he needs a crowded batfam for him to provide his help. Take that a way and we have the poor overrated book Red Robin and Rebirth and Tim stepping all over Dick, Jason and Babs in roles and skills and become Sue Tim.
    I know there was a lot of Dick's college years I've missed... but one thing I LOVED about Tim, was that he was 'the normal teenager'. He went to school, he had civilian friends that he'd play D&D with on weekends... or make up excuses why he couldn't because of the robin gig... he had normal girlfriends... NONE of which I ever saw with Dick in the 70's and 80's.

Now I always loved Dick's Robin as much as the next fan, but he seemed fast following the 'costume is the real identity' trope that Bruce thinks. He was Robin.. his friends were the Titans, his dad was Batman, His crush/partner was Batgirl.... his civilian life was rare. I know he went to college for a while, but that only seemed to get mentioned as an excuse of 1) why he wasn't around much, and 2) How much he looked forward to getting back in the cape on breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You've summed up my feelings about the whole thing entirely. I would say Tim needs a crowded Batfamily so that his fanboy writers and editors can prop him up at the expense of the others. He started out a nice--albeit creepy stalker--kid, and now he's just been handed these different abilities without ever working for them--supercomputer brain, Olympic level athlete/acrobat, world's greatest detective, cloning metahumans, chosen heir of both Batman and Ra's al Ghoul, etc etc etc. He's a total Timmy Sue. Without adoring fanboy writers like Tynion, maybe Tim would be more interesting if he had to work for something instead of being the Prom Queen of the Batfamily. Dick, Jason, and Damian should NOT suffer odious comparisons in order to make Tim look so much better, smarter, wonderful-er, etc etc etc.
    I'm the opposite. All that crap has been added on to him BECAUSE the batfamily is too crowded. When it was just Batman, Nightwing and a dead Jason... Tim was able to shine on his own and had plenty of flaws. If anything he was constantly low self-esteem about whether he could compete with Dick and the ghost... He got to focus on detective skills on his own... but when you jumped to Nightwing's book... he was doing the same stuff. They were BOTH trained by the world's greatest detective so I love when any of the Robins use their brains. He focused on computer stuff JUST as the internet was becoming a thing... but Oracle was still better...

Adding in 3 batgirls, another robin, Signal and Azrael... now they're scrambling to find ANYTHING to keep him relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Dick made the right choice, and they all know it. It was what both Tim and Damian needed. As Hurt pointed out, he redeemed Damian, he was the one who show him the way to be an hero. Such as he gave Tim the reason to step outside on his own.
    That only assumes that there was anything to step outside for! Robin was never meant to be a training program for future heroes. Robin is a hero in his own right. Earth 2 Dick Grayson kept the Robin identity until adulthood and was proud to do it. With all the decades of 'You're not a sidekick, you're a partner' talk between Batman and Robin... Getting the title yanked away for a murderer was pretty low.

Did Damian need to be redeemed? Maybe?? Maybe he needed to be locked in a dark hole to rot... but if they DO decide to try to train him, He should have gotten his own title.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    And I think this is the new uniform @yohyoi referred to:
    F8B31453-36E6-4C59-9C20-846A96ABF285.jpg
    I'm not... really seeing... which part is new? ...Oh, the chest part got thick, and there's no more little birdie.

Yea this is better. The old chest line's too thin

Before the Teen Titans Dick Grayson DID! Have normal girlfriend/interests in Marjory Davenport, Vera Lovely etc. and attended High School participating in school plays and having normal people. After the Titans they consumed most of his time Marv Wolfman had him drop out and started the rift with Batman and since the added a new Robin DC has never allowed a reboot to start with Dick Grayson as Robin he has been stuck as Nightwing when reality starts since COIE.