Page 1428 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 42892813281378141814241425142614271428
Results 21,406 to 21,418 of 21418
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    We don't how long Damian will be Robin but we know he has already been replaced. I'm not a Signal Fan but I don't blame him for Damian being exciled to the Superman office just like I don't blame Damian for Tim's plight.

Characters have to stand by their own merit. Robin only ever belonged to Dick. Everyone else was/is just a place holder.

Damian hasn't been under the Bat office since before the nu52. Tim has been Bruce's partner for the last 2 years now so it's stupid and false for people to keep blaming Damian. Trends and tastes have changed. We are no longer in the 90's maybe Tim just isn't as interesting, as relatable or as appealing as he once was.

I like Priest writing too but I'm not sure if everyone gets it. He keeps characterisations too close to the edge. It's easy to misunderstand him.
    Signal is not a replacements, as much as he feel like token for the batfamily
    Lucious and family do not show up often

Extraordinary Member

We don't how long Damian will be Robin but we know he has already been replaced. I'm not a Signal Fan but I don't blame him for Damian being exciled to the Superman office just like I don't blame Damian for Tim's plight.

Characters have to stand by their own merit. Robin only ever belonged to Dick. Everyone else was/is just a place holder.

Damian hasn't been under the Bat office since before the nu52. Tim has been Bruce's partner for the last 2 years now so it's stupid and false for people to keep blaming Damian. Trends and tastes have changed. We are no longer in the 90's maybe Tim just isn't as interesting, as relatable or as appealing as he once was.

I like Priest writing too but I'm not sure if everyone gets it. He keeps characterisations too close to the edge. It's easy to misunderstand him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, there's the chest birdie, but yeah, the chest line is thicker, more similar to the classic costume. The Rebirth design by Javier Fernandez has a really thin line and people commented on it back then.

Attachment 68994

It also didn't have arm stripes.

So at this point, Dick has gone through finger stripes, hip stripes, shin stripes and arm stripes. Which stripes will they try next?

Dick stripes! That's it!

No... wait... they already gave him crotch arrow.
    lmao I was about to say a pair of wings but obviously your idea is of much more creativity. Bravo.

Is anyone else hyped for Nightwing in Young Justice: Outsiders?? I'm in love with his costume, from the utility belt to the symbol... It's perfect!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    lmao I was about to say a pair of wings but obviously your idea is of much more creativity. Bravo.
    Well they already did that too, most popular in the animated series including Young Justice

They did physical wings too

Nightwing_spreads_wings.jpg
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-04-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

@RestingVoice Butt stripes?
    I actually browse it for kicks to see it's been done, and...

NEW-52-NIGHTWING.jpg

The Arkham game version of New 52 Nightwing apparently has his hip stripes go all the way behind. The original Brett Booth version was only like pasties at the hips. Like, it's not exactly butt stripes but low enough.

The heck am I doing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is Duke even in any titles going forward? As far as his previous storylines are concerned, he comes off more as a plot device than a character in his own right or at least a consistent character.

Smile

On the topic of Nightwing costumes and redesigns, I'll weigh in and say that the perfect Nightwing suit is the one from the Animated Series. The bird symbol has become so strongly tied to Nightwing's identity that it is the primary form of Nightwing merch despite not making it into the comics until Rebirth. And for my money, any deviations that move to complicate the suit only make it all the worse. Boot stripes. Gloves stripes. Belts. Finger stripes. I don't like none of it. Simplify.

It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingblade View Post
    Is anyone else hyped for Nightwing in Young Justice: Outsiders?? I'm in love with his costume, from the utility belt to the symbol... It's perfect!
    Personally I prefer this one:
    41884055-7482-422F-B5F6-EC49B76FF0DC.jpg

simple but dangerous and sexy It's a shame that Dick's pupils seems are brown rather than blue in YJ season 3. kind of a waste of the new mask.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Is Duke even in any titles going forward? As far as his previous storylines are concerned, he comes off more as a plot device than a character in his own right or at least a consistent character.
    I hope he spins off into his own solo title.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well they already did that too, most popular in the animated series including Young Justice

They did physical wings too

Nightwing_spreads_wings.jpg
    I cant help but laugh at the scene every time I see it. It's one of the most hilarious moments in the cartoon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    I cant help but laugh at the scene every time I see it. It's one of the most hilarious moments in the cartoon.
    Looks like a rooster in the morning.

There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules