Page 255 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 1552052452512522532542552562572582592653053557551255 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 21418
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I am really excited to see how Kathy works behind the scenes to push Dick further into the Web of Spyral and the small glance we had of her shows that the Tim and Tom understand her motivations and skill level in the spy world.
    I'm looking forward to seeing that as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Well, things are looking a bit grim for Earth 2 Dick. :/ Still, hopefully it's not as bad as it seems...

That was incredibly stupid. "I can't feel my legs!" Then he immediately sits up on his knees.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuxedo elf View Post
    well, things are looking a bit grim for earth 2 dick. :/ still, hopefully it's not as bad as it seems...
    uW2n2RO.png

do it dan.

I have yet to read a single issue of Convergence and only have issue number 2, this whole storyline seem confusing and without purpose except establishing new Earth 2 characters. I think only the upcoming Batman Beyond with Tim Drake instead of Terry could be a worse portrayal of DC characters. Earth-2 should stayed much closer to their original Earth-2 counterparts when the reboot happened.

I have to agree. Convergence real doesn't seem to have a plan other than Earth-2 characters, who shouldn't be able to kill Telos, kill Telos. The only good thing about it is most likely the art.

I was downright confused that Thomas died so early, I mean Dick and him had not much of a relationship other than: We are both fathers but I am Batman and you are useless. But Dick seems to become the new Batman. So...if it's going to end like this we get a Batman who doesn't know shit and was shown to kill... Great.

The problem with Earth 2 Dick Grayson is that they took away his history. It is basically just a Earth 2 Dick Grayson in name only. I thought it would have been much better to introduce him as the first Robin that retired and decided to become a normal person. That way you already have that built in connection, but they wanted Helena to be Earth 2 Bruce's only Robin so that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Csjbo08 View Post
    We know how and why Batman convinced Dick Grayson to stay 'dead' and infiltrate Spyral, it's not a mystery, it's pretty clear cut. Batman thought that he could send Dick Grayson into Spyral and prevent them from uncovering the secret identities of Earth's superheroes. Now we know that Bruce and Dick are pawns in a larger game set up by Kathy Kane. Kathy Kane wants Agent Grayson to become her Batman, but she wants to do it in a way where Dick DOESN'T know he's being turned into Kathy's own Batman. She wants Grayson to grow comfortable as Agent 37, so Kathy wouldn't give Dick the ultimatum "If you don't do this, we'll blow up half of Gotham", because he'll fight back and she might not get what she wants. Besides, Kathy Kane is not a mustache-twirling villain, she's much smarter than that.
    Actually we have no idea why Bruce asked Dick in infiltrate Spyral. The whole superhero identity thing was something Minos was doing and the rest of Spyral doesn't really seem to care about it, and nothing Dick did really seemed to be about stopping them from uncovering the identities too. Kathy probably just wants to use Grayson to fuck with Bruce. That is usually her M.O. now.
    Last edited by Badou; 04-23-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The problem with Earth 2 Dick Grayson is that they took away his history. It is basically just a Earth 2 Dick Grayson in name only. I thought it would have been much better to introduce him as the first Robin that retired and decided to become a normal person. That way you already have that built in connection, but they wanted Helena to be Earth 2 Bruce's only Robin so that didn't work.

Actually we have no idea why Bruce asked Dick in infiltrate Spyral. The whole superhero identity thing was something Minos was doing and the rest of Spyral doesn't really seem to care about it, and nothing Dick did really seemed to be about stopping them from uncovering the identities too. Kathy probably just wants to use Grayson to fuck with Bruce. That is usually her M.O. now.
    Nah, he's just an unlikeable tool and they decided to kill his wife and won't stop messing with his kid.

http://tessatechaitea.tumblr.com/pos...ayson-should-i

I like what this blog post has to say about E2 Dick Grayson. He's basically the opposite of everything that normally makes Dick Grayson the most likeable character in almost everything he appears in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    http://tessatechaitea.tumblr.com/pos...ayson-should-i

I like what this blog post has to say about E2 Dick Grayson. He's basically the opposite of everything that normally makes Dick Grayson the most likeable character in almost everything he appears in.
    Every version of Dick Grayson doesn't have to be the same across the multiverse. That's boring in my opinion.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Bruce Wayne in Nightwing #30.
    I have a mission for you, Dick. I need you to do something that will hurt your friends, your family. Everyone thinks you're dead, I need you to stay dead.
    Spyral, the espionage group, they fight the usual evil around the world. Terrorists, murderers, the cowardly and the superstituios, a lot of people fight that fight these days.
    Spyral is the best. I know they're the best, because it took me this long to find out what they're doing underneath all of that.
    The're hunting masked heroes. They want our identities, our secrets, who we hate, who we love. They're looking for who we really are, Dick, who we have to pretend to be
    If they know our secrets, we won't be able to fight, do you know how many peopl will die if we can't fight?
    We need a man inside, finding out what Spral knows, what they want to know, we need you.
    They'll come for you now. They'll want someone like you, someone off the grid who knows our secrets. If you're not dead, they'll come for you, a masked man without a mask.
    I could keep posting his dialogue, but it's pretty cut and dry why Bruce wanted Dick to join Spyral. While it is true that Mr. Minos trying to uncover the JL identities was a ruse, Bruce didn't know that.

This isn't the first time you've tried to voice the opinion that we don't know why Bruce asked Dick to fake his death and join Spyral, but it's simply not true.

I think the "joining Spyral" reasoning was pretty clear. The "lying to the family" reasoning, on the other hand, is what had a lot of people scratching their heads, both at the time and since. Because, as I believe Godlike has pointed out, they have really never shown the purpose in that, or used it to any effect. Which is why the Batgirl Annual may, one hopes, be a turning point.

Spyral needed to believe that Dick was completely isolated and off the grid for the good. They may get suspicious if Batgirl's still writing "Babs heart Dick" in her diary and Alfred's still shopping for Dick's favorite cereal instead of them crying at his funeral.

Yeah, the logistics aren't perfect and there are plenty of holes but it's no different from Clark Kent disguising himself from Lois with glasses, a sweater, and a slouch. Or Dick able to hide identity in first place with a mask that only covers eyes

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Spyral needed to believe that Dick was completely isolated and off the grid for the good. They may get suspicious if Batgirl's still writing "Babs heart Dick" in her diary and Alfred's still shopping for Dick's favorite cereal instead of them crying at his funeral.

Yeah, the logistics aren't perfect and there are plenty of holes but it's no different from Clark Kent disguising himself from Lois with glasses, a sweater, and a slouch. Or Dick able to hide identity in first place with a mask that only covers eyes
    Yeah, that's about as good an explanation as any. Like you said, sunk cost at this point. They need to motivate themselves to actually engage the plotline or just retcon it away, but get moving in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Csjbo08 View Post
    Bruce Wayne in Nightwing #30.
    I could keep posting his dialogue, but it's pretty cut and dry why Bruce wanted Dick to join Spyral. While it is true that Mr. Minos trying to uncover the JL identities was a ruse, Bruce didn't know that.

This isn't the first time you've tried to voice the opinion that we don't know why Bruce asked Dick to fake his death and join Spyral, but it's simply not true.
    No, I was the one that was all confused before why Spyral cared about uncovering the identities of heroes and how that plot didn't really go anywhere. Nothing Dick did really seemed to be about stopping them from uncovering the identities too. So it all seemed pointless and directionless to me. Then Godlike pointed out how it was a ruse. Honestly, Nightwing #30 was kind of rushed and I think King regrets some things he did with it. So I don't really look at it as mattering a lot anymore. I believe their plans has changed since then and they haven't really explained Dick's reasons for joining.