Page 326 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 2262763163223233243253263273283293303363764268261326 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    What all is happening then? I don't remember what's been announced.
    Well, the big thing is Grayson 12 and the return to Gotham. Dick also begins a guest-starring run in Midnighter. Oh, yes, and the annual with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    Attachment 25366

Wish granted.
    Wow dream can come true

Someone remind me if King and/or Seeley have mentioned about Deathstroke being in this book?

Just went through several of the Deathstroke issues and the annual and it is god awful and such a terribly written book, doesn't sound like Slade at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Someone remind me if King and/or Seeley have mentioned about Deathstroke being in this book?

Just went through several of the Deathstroke issues and the annual and it is god awful and such a terribly written book, doesn't sound like Slade at all.
    I think they mentioned in an interview that they would like to introduce him back into Dick's life but other than the Deathstroke-Practice-Target in #2 nothing has happen so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I think they mentioned in an interview that they would like to introduce him back into Dick's life but other than the Deathstroke-Practice-Target in #2 nothing has happen so far.
    I think he's likely to show up in Batman And Robin Eternal, personally. Seems a better fit, if they want to sell Cass as a fighter it makes sense to put her up against a Canonical Paragon Of Combat, and it has plenty of chances to pit him against Dick without tying him down directly to the kind of "Grayson and Wilson" locked-in antagonism that has been conspicuously avoided up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Deathstroke is popping up in Robin:SOB to face off against Damian right around the same time as Eternal starts up and shortly before Robin War kicks off, they might leverage that into something, as Damian should be heading back towards Gotham after that issue. Slade could end up following?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I think he's likely to show up in Batman And Robin Eternal, personally. Seems a better fit, if they want to sell Cass as a fighter it makes sense to put her up against a Canonical Paragon Of Combat, and it has plenty of chances to pit him against Dick without tying him down directly to the kind of "Grayson and Wilson" locked-in antagonism that has been conspicuously avoided up until now.
    I think the whole point of the Deathstroke demand is about wanting to see them tie Slade and Dick back into each other and to the kind of "Grayson and Wilson" locked-in antagonism that they have been conspicuously avoided up until now.

Plus pitting a 90 pound teenage girl against Deathstroke sounds like a good way to remind me why i didn't think Cass was a very good character. They need to tone that down with Cass this time, otherwise she'll be right back to being a character no one can really do anything with.
    Though yes i know Deathstroke is popping up in Robin: SOB to face off against Damian, but im praying they're not going all Son of Batman movie. I love Damian, but no. Just no.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-01-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Though yes i know Deathstroke is popping up in Robin: SOB to face off against Damian, but im praying they're not going all Son of Batman movie. I love Damian, but no. Just no.
    They can do Damian v Slade, because Damian has a giant monstrous Man-Bat as backup, the kid doesn't have to out kung-fu him totally

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    They can do Damian v Slade, because Damian has a giant monstrous Man-Bat as backup, the kid doesn't have to out kung-fu him totally
    Ya, im hoping they use Goliath to level things out. So i think its gonna be ok, fun even.

Tumblr is just after everyone's throats about Dick Grayson and his sexuality. It is frustrating that it is overshadowing all the other plot developments in the book because Dick is finally building up a respectable world that does not interfere or get overshadowed by the Batworld and is not relying on crossovers with other big named characters. Tim and Tom have a little blame for this because of how frequent they did Fan service in 10 issues but it has blown up so much that people have to ask them questions about it or push them towards it. I really just want to see more focus from everyone on the Spies in the shadows, and Dick building himself up a nice Rogues gallery rather than all this talk about his sexuality.
    Last edited by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy; 08-03-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Tbh, I don't think the fanservice was strong enough to warrant how stupid some people are about it, it's just that that's the stuff that gets constantly reblogged. There's tonnes of lovely stuff in the comics that doesn't get a million reblogs because it's... just not fanservicy enough.

Basically, some people on that site just can't stop reading a book they loathe and can't stop trying to make people feel bad for liking something they don't. And lbr, what they want, old DC - Dick in with Daddy Bats and all the Titans, is never, ever coming back so I don't get what they actually get out of it all. There are books that changed that I hate. Do I constantly search tumblr for them and make loads of posts about how much I hate it and how awful anyone who likes it is? No, I ignore it. Off my dash, off my pull, off my mind.

Tumblr is basically designed to cause all out fandom warfare.

Aaanyway. I am really looking forward to #11. Dick in the underworld, battling his dark self and saving Tiger... Even that lovely cover makes me want to do a little dance. I wish Janin didn't work digitally, I'd love to own pages he's done for this book.

Yeah I'm am stepping a way from those fan wars.

Issue #11 is really interesting because you have the Fist of Cain involved who I really want to see develop as a major Rogue for Grayson, Who is the Evil Dick Grayson? Mr. Minos back for revenge? How does the partnership with Tiger and Helena change after this? There is also the Spies in the Shadows from #9 that need to be addressed.

Eh, Tumblr overreacts to every little thing. The fanservice stuff is a bit thick, but the characterization and plot development is so strong, that if they're ignoring all of that just to whine incessantly about a one-panel butt joke every now and then, then they're the ones with problems.

I'm looking forward to see how this Dick/Helena/Tiger debacle plays out, and how it leads to Dick going back to Gotham. Perhaps Dick decides that he can't trust Helena, and goes to Gotham for help in bringing down Spyral. King said that what Barbara means to Dick will play a big role in going forward. Perhaps Barbara takes over Bruce's role as Dick's Gotham contact, as Dick tries to hunt down whoever's calling the shots behind Helena.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Eh, Tumblr overreacts to every little thing. The fanservice stuff is a bit thick, but the characterization and plot development is so strong, that if they're ignoring all of that just to whine incessantly about a one-panel butt joke every now and then, then they're the ones with problems.

I'm looking forward to see how this Dick/Helena/Tiger debacle plays out, and how it leads to Dick going back to Gotham. Perhaps Dick decides that he can't trust Helena, and goes to Gotham for help in bringing down Spyral. King said that what Barbara means to Dick will play a big role in going forward. Perhaps Barbara takes over Bruce's role as Dick's Gotham contact, as Dick tries to hunt down whoever's calling the shots behind Helena.

Hm, that would be an interesting angle to move onto, never really thought about it like that. After Bruce left I just assumed that it would be the end of Dick having a mission control.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

It would be cool if Grayson #12 ended with a page similar to the beginning of #9, where he calls home, but this time, someone picks up.