Page 382 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 2823323723783793803813823833843853863924324828821382 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 21418
    Incredible Member

Maybe, but I don't think I've ever seen Luka used for a girl's name.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Maybe, but I don't think I've ever seen Luka used for a girl's name.
    The game Chronno trigger has a girl named Lucca.
    Here in my country we had a singer named Luka, which was not very good.

Sorry for my English. It is not my first language.

I'm glad DC is focusing more on Dick's time as Robin, he was my favorite so I'm super excited to read more.
    And this is like the most adorable thing ever (except the hug of Damian in the last issue of course).
    image.jpg

But I'm still not sure if I'm a big fan of the whole "new backstory, distrust, and secret past" BS. Dick's original backstory isn't perfect but writers usually tend to ruin everything when they try to rewrite stuff or simply speaking I'm a very pessimistic person. I'm also not calmed down by the fact that Seeley and Orlando are part of the team. We all know who gets to say the last word in DC when it comes to Batman. But I'm glad that DC is pushing Robin instead of Nightwing, I guess it means we will enjoy Grayson for some more years. Anyway I'll wait for the reviews before I buy the new weekly, I hope I'll be surprised with an actual good story.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    But I'm still not sure if I'm a big fan of the whole "new backstory, distrust, and secret past" BS. Dick's original backstory isn't perfect but writers usually tend to ruin everything when they try to rewrite stuff or simply speaking I'm a very pessimistic person. I'm also not calmed down by the fact that Seeley and Orlando are part of the team. We all know who gets to say the last word in DC when it comes to Batman. But I'm glad that DC is pushing Robin instead of Nightwing, I guess it means we will enjoy Grayson for some more years. Anyway I'll wait for the reviews before I buy the new weekly, I hope I'll be surprised with an actual good story.
    That's the good thing about being a trade waiter, I can read everyone's opinions before deciding whether to get it or not (but I do have to wait a bloody long time ). But I'm already decided in that I'm gonna get B&R.Eternal, unless they've lied about Dick's role (again).

And as for you being a very pessimistic person that either has to do with being a Dick Grayson fan or losing two World Wars. haha
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...est-88197.html

When Titans was nowhere to be seen on TNT’s fall and winter schedule earlier this year, this led many fans to wonder if the series had been scrapped, but TV Line has learned that Titans is still in development.

"Is there anyway possible you can get more info from any sources you have, or from [TNT president] Kevin Reilly himself, on the subject of Titans? –Jeff
    Seeing how many got into a tizzy and feared the worst when TNT announced its fall/winter slate – and given that there has been no movement on the casting/production front – I asked around and have been assured that the DC Comics-based series is still in development."

Wasn't the pilot rumored to be shooting this October?

I really hope we can get some actual news about the Titans show soon.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really hope we can get some actual news about the Titans show soon.
    I'm gonna be fine if they skip the love triangle and add a few male characters (if the revealed cast is true).

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I'm gonna be fine if they skip the love triangle and add a few male characters (if the revealed cast is true).
    Agreed. I hate that love triangle being a possibility. I understand they might not be able to do Beastboy and Cyborg because of too many effects for season 1 TV budget, so maybe we could get Kaldur or someone? But I do like having more female heroes make it to TV, maybe Artemis later on? IDK...

Lol if the show happens, cross ur fingers (im crossing mine), they're not skipping the love triangle
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-01-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Only a triangle? Please, the script has four women in the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Only a triangle? Please, the script has four women in the cast.
    Enough woman to create a new triangle every season

Personally, I'm tired of only like three or four women, at most, actually being interesting in most comic book shows. Like, seriously. It used to always be just a bunch of guys, and then like one girl. Now, we're making progress... but not that much progress. For once, I'd like to watch a show where there are quite a few females who are actually cool, and just enough guys so that the cast is rounded out. Although, I don't really want a love triangle to be thrown in, as a result of more females than males... that kinda goes against my want for more interesting women.

And I still wonder, what is really the point of Barbara in this show? Probably to make this "Titans" show a "Dick Grayson" show, which I'm cool with, but I feel like they'll miss the point of the Titans and have a really badly written show instead. In short, I'm scared what Titans/Blackbirds will do to Grayson's credibility, which we've only just rebuilt recently.

At the very least, Oracle would be a hacker-type character to replace Cyborg. But beyond that, if done right, an Oracle character could be what elevates the show from all the other superhero fair. A young woman coming to terms with her disability to reinvent herself to be a peer alongside superpowered beings? That's a great character arc. That's what a Titans show has the potential to be: a show about character growth, rather than just a bunch of superheros punching things.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I'm more concerned with who's gonna play Dick.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re