Page 384 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 2843343743803813823833843853863873883944344848841384 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 21418
    Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batsgrayson View Post
    I just want them to pick a guy who can act and doesn't make me cringe in every scene.
    You're asking for too much, I think. Haha
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    Get that Twilight filth away, haha.
    Malek's only a few years younger than Bomer, so he's not much of a younger version (and I think Bomer looks younger). I also think Malek's a weird looking dude, I didn't say ugly, just weird.
    Yeah, I know that they are not that far apart in age but I always get a younger vibe from Malek, that's all. But let's be really, we will get someone we won't like and hopefully learn to love if it ever happens

Astonishing Member

Might be nothing to it, but Tom King recently gave a nod to the possibility of Calvin Rose/Talon turning up in either "Grayson" or "Robin War". Despite the fact that it was Tim Seeley who guided "Talon" to a close - with his rather cool "Lord Death Man" two parter - the Owls link makes much more sense for "Robin War", as does what we know about "Gray Sons" and the Owls' hand-picked champions.

The book was never as good as I'd hoped, but I'd quite like to see more of Talon. Always nice to have new characters, and his "escape artist" schtick was occasionally well executed. And, of course, he has Dick History that never got fully explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    And, of course, he has Dick History that never got fully explored.
    ...Do you mean, history with Dick or Dick's history or... well, what do you mean?

Other than that, I heard about the Lord Death Man two-parter, never read it myself. Well, never read the series at all, but until the series finale, I never really cared all that much about the Talon series, tbh. But it would be awesome for him to show up in Robin War (anywhere else, doesn't really make sense). I always thought it was sad how the entirety of Batman, Inc. has basically been written off, and considering Talon joined them, I thought he would join them in being written off as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    ...Do you mean, history with Dick or Dick's history or... well, what do you mean?
    History with Dick. Calvin Rose was a Haly's Circus escape artist, and was there when Dick was a kid IIRC. There was a brief Nightwing guest spot where he reviews footage of this new "Talon" with Batman, and recognises him. It was all to set-up a crossover between the two characters that was put on hold when Dick moved to Chicago.

Other than that, I heard about the Lord Death Man two-parter, never read it myself. Well, never read the series at all, but until the series finale, I never really cared all that much about the Talon series, tbh. But it would be awesome for him to show up in Robin War (anywhere else, doesn't really make sense). I always thought it was sad how the entirety of Batman, Inc. has basically been written off, and considering Talon joined them, I thought he would join them in being written off as well.
    It's odd, isn't it? He has that very tacked-on appearance in the last issue of Batman Eternal - but he's there right in the promo art. Presumably at one point he was a more major player in the story?

It's odd, isn't it? He has that very tacked-on appearance in the last issue of Batman Eternal - but he's there right in the promo art. Presumably at one point he was a more major player in the story?
    I, for one, cannot fathom the idea that every issue and story beat of Batman Eternal wasn't meticulously plotted from the very beginning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I, for one, cannot fathom the idea that every issue and story beat of Batman Eternal wasn't meticulously plotted from the very beginning.
    Had I been drinking milk, it would have just come out of my nose.

History with Dick. Calvin Rose was a Haly's Circus escape artist, and was there when Dick was a kid IIRC. There was a brief Nightwing guest spot where he reviews footage of this new "Talon" with Batman, and recognises him. It was all to set-up a crossover between the two characters that was put on hold when Dick moved to Chicago.
    Goddammit... So yeah, we lost out on a Cyborg guest spot, a Flash guest spot, and a Deathstroke crossover. All we got was Batgirl, Robin, and Batwing/JLI, which isn't bad. But Talon could've been interesting if it would've fleshed out the "Court of Owls-Haly's Circus" stuff.

Also, joybeans, my goodness, you're consistently hilarious in these threads, man.

And wow, I nearly forgot about the Midnighter crossover.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Might be nothing to it, but Tom King recently gave a nod to the possibility of Calvin Rose/Talon turning up in either "Grayson" or "Robin War". Despite the fact that it was Tim Seeley who guided "Talon" to a close - with his rather cool "Lord Death Man" two parter - the Owls link makes much more sense for "Robin War", as does what we know about "Gray Sons" and the Owls' hand-picked champions.

The book was never as good as I'd hoped, but I'd quite like to see more of Talon. Always nice to have new characters, and his "escape artist" schtick was occasionally well executed. And, of course, he has Dick History that never got fully explored.
    I like Rose and I actually liked the book as well, so I wouldn't mind this. I'd also like to see William Cobb again too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    That's the first time I've ever gone to a gay site. Haha
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I'm so loving this and I like the art more and more. I'm pretty sure Midnighter is like one of my favorite thing happening because of Grayson. I'm so gonna buy this.

Cass looks good. More kung-fu than superhero.

The outfit seems a bit busy. Not a huge fan of shoulderpads and wrist adornments in general.

Incredible Member

The outfit's okay. I wonder how long she'll keep it though.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    The outfit seems a bit busy. Not a huge fan of shoulderpads and wrist adornments in general.
    That? Busy?
    Compared to Dick or Jason's Robin outfits, it's practically a blank slate.