Page 501 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    We've got 500 pages out of this thread, Dick-heads. In less than two years.

...What a sobering thought.

spoilers:
    Take that, Batgirl fans!
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think thats more than the old forums appreciation thread had. Its amazing what move like Grayson can do.
    Haha, here's to another 500 then! And yeah, Grayson's announcement itself had pages on pages of discussion here, too. Also, let's not forget that while this is the main thread, many of post our main thoughts on each issue in their respective threads, so if we didn't do that, this thread would be even longer.

Also, in not as great news: There have been a lot of new DC figures announced, of which we get even more of "Batgirl of Burnside" and JimBats (Bunny suit and regular suit, too). But no Dick, no Grayson. Now, it's not like we would get a figure of Nightwing if Dick was still Nightwing, but the fact that we still haven't gotten a Grayson figure or merch of any kind really supports that we're going back to Nightwing.

Grayson's not getting any variants in May as well, but the only ones that are getting them are the #52s, so it makes sense. Still, if Grayson #20 is the end as many of us believe it is, it would have been cool if we had a cover referencing the New 52 Nightwing #1 cover, kind celebrating how far Dick's come since then, like a bookend thing.

I'd love a variant for Issue 20 but the cover for the first issue of Nightwing was pretty bad imo. I'm hoping that if he is indeed returning to Nightwing that he's not based in Gotham and somehow he keeps his supporting cast. I want to see more of Tiger and Helena. Maybe a global adventure dealing with the Court of Owls.

There was a lengthy podcast somewhere with King, and he said the Parliament of Owls will be involved with Dick's new direction

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    There was a lengthy podcast somewhere with King, and he said the Parliament of Owls will be involved with Dick's new direction
    So of the God's garden, the war of spies and the weird spider thing that speaks with Helena they are going with the owls. Bummer.

Goodbye and independence the character could have got, here is back to Batman's world

Maybe not. If King is taking over Batman he might leave the CoO for Dick. Grayson sold more or less the same after the price hike (I think), it was critically well received and there's a chance Tim Seeley might still be a part of it. I can't imagine DC would deviate to far from what proved to be a winning formula. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part though.

Incredible Member

Even Didio's messing with us now (see twitter) (i refuse to get my hopes up to be dashed. )

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Even Didio's messing with us now (see twitter) (i refuse to get my hopes up to be dashed. )
    Link please. Some of us aren't on twitter.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Link please. Some of us aren't on twitter.
    He recommends to Tim Seeley that writing "the next issue of Grayson" would be good calming activity to help deal with creator-stress.

Seeley accepts the curative properties of such an act.

Obviously, it's just two guys joking around - but it's a pretty clear sign that Seeley isn't done with Dick, whether that be writing Grayson #20 (although King wouldn't be, as of that recent podcast) or a relaunched book.

He recommends to Tim Seeley that writing "the next issue of Grayson" would be good calming activity to help deal with creator-stress.

Obviously, it's just two guys joking around - but it's a pretty clear sign that Seeley isn't done with Dick, whether that be writing Grayson #20 (although King wouldn't be, as of that recent podcast) or a relaunched book.
    Well, Seeley is scripting #17.

Thanks for the info.

Well, Seeley is scripting #17.
    At this point though he would have already finished doing so wouldn't he? Issue #16 was the last issue that came out.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-12-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

At this point, I don't have very much faith in anyone at DC getting things done in a timely manner.

Also, King continues to play the "I'm not saying I'm still working on Grayson, but I'm not saying I am either" game.

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/698176552488423424

Astonishing Member

At this point, I don't have very much faith in anyone at DC getting things done in a timely manner.
    Well, yeah, but isn't #17 out in two weeks?

Although given that it's not Janin any more, it probably has been heavily re-written.

Well, yeah, but isn't #17 out in two weeks?

Although given that it's not Janin any more, it probably has been heavily re-written.
    Yeah, in two weeks, which argues for it not being what Seeley and King are talking about there. Even with a rewrite they would still have needed to be finished with it already in order for it to come out on time and the release date, according to my subscription with Comixology, hasn't been changed in the last month even. I seem to remember Nightwing #30's release date was changed when it had to be rewritten so I'm not actually sure that there was even any re-writting involved with Grayson #17.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-12-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    So of the God's garden, the war of spies and the weird spider thing that speaks with Helena they are going with the owls. Bummer.

Goodbye and independence the character could have got, here is back to Batman's world
    Yeah, too bad Dick can't face against an organization that didn't originate in a Batman book. Like Spyral.

Yeah, too bad Dick can't face against an organization that didn't originate in a Batman book. Like Spyral.
    I see what you did there