Page 502 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 24024524924984995005015025035045055065125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Also, in not as great news: There have been a lot of new DC figures announced, of which we get even more of "Batgirl of Burnside" and JimBats (Bunny suit and regular suit, too). But no Dick, no Grayson. Now, it's not like we would get a figure of Nightwing if Dick was still Nightwing, but the fact that we still haven't gotten a Grayson figure or merch of any kind really supports that we're going back to Nightwing.
    Well Nightwing/Grayson has never been a strong merch seller. So it isn't that surprising he wouldn't get anything now. It just isn't a big focus. Batman, Joker, Harley, Robin, Batgirl and maybe even Red Hood are stronger merch sellers I'd bet. All of his looks and costumes, especially Nightwing, have been basic and doesn't really grab people the way the designs of those other characters have.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Yeah, too bad Dick can't face against an organization that didn't originate in a Batman book. Like Spyral.
    True. I think the difference being it was a different continuity so Spyral can be something sort of new instead of the Owls that had already been defeated in three different books.

I don't see why anyone would get exited about the Owls. Robin warwasn't that good, none of the stories about the Owls has been particulary original.Tthey use masks they have talons, and that is pretty much it.

To drop all this world they have been building in Grayson for THAT new direction is just dumb
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 02-12-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    True. I think the difference being it was a different continuity so Spyral can be something sort of new instead of the Owls that had already been defeated in three different books.

I don't see why anyone would get exited about the Owls. Robin warwasn't that good, none of the stories about the Owls has been particulary original.Tthey use masks they have talons, and that is pretty much it.

To drop all this world they have been building in Grayson for THAT new direction is just dumb
    But the Court is much more recognizable to a potential new buyer, which means mo' $$$.

To be fair, Grayson's Spyral world is already falling apart in his own series since he is now a rogue agent. All he has left is Tiger and Midnighter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    To be fair, Grayson's Spyral world is already falling apart in his own series since he is now a rogue agent. All he has left is Tiger and Midnighter.
    Eh, Seeley and King were pretty much saying Spyral and Dick's relationship with it, and it's relationship to itself would be shifting right from the get go. I didn't see this as it falling apart as much as a reconfiguring. Next issue Tiger goes back to Spyral and now it's Dick against Spyral and Spyral against Spyral. And that's a story I was interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Eh, Seeley and King were pretty much saying Spyral and Dick's relationship with it, and it's relationship to itself would be shifting right from the get go. I didn't see this as it falling apart as much as a reconfiguring. Next issue Tiger goes back to Spyral and now it's Dick against Spyral and Spyral against Spyral. And that's a story I was interested in.
    And hopefully the story can be completed without being rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    There was a lengthy podcast somewhere with King, and he said the Parliament of Owls will be involved with Dick's new direction
    Here it is:

http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/2016...on-leaves.html

It is very long, and the interviewer is deeply in love with his own voice and opinions, but I think the most relevant section is from 45:00 to 1:10:00. Also around 1:50:00 where King discusses continuity, shared universes, and touches on the DC YOU.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 02-13-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    And hopefully the story can be completed without being rushed.

Or they can keep it low level ticking over. It would be so sad for Dick to lose the best situation he's had in a long time.

I hope King sticks around, but if the rumors (that I think I read in here) that King would be off Grayson but Seeley stayed on, I'd be alright with that as well. King has some fantastic issues, but I think Seeley has been stronger with worldbuilding and banter. Its not like the guy can't carry a plot either...

BANNED

I'd be happy with one or both. The most important thing is that Dick gets the BEST treatment.

Just a couple hours now, and we may find out about what happens to Dick with Rebirth. At the very least we'll see the final solicits for Grayson and Titans Hunt... I'm about to watch Deadpool right now, so the wait won't be a problem for me. I just hope I get back home to see some good news.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Just a couple hours now, and we may find out about what happens to Dick with Rebirth. At the very least we'll see the final solicits for Grayson and Titans Hunt... I'm about to watch Deadpool right now, so the wait won't be a problem for me. I just hope I get back home to see some good news.
    How many issues is titans hunt getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How many issues is titans hunt getting?
    It was cut down to eight, I think.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

I see that Dick's new role is company spokesman

Astonishing Member

I've been thinking about the whole thing in Robin War where March compared the Nightwing name to an Owl and the current rumors about Grayson becoming Nightwing again. Then I thought about how Robin War ended with Dick falling in with the Court and how King said the Court stuff would carry over to whatever Dick is going next.

I'm wondering if Dick is going to get Talon'd in his next series.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Spectacular Member

GRAY_Cv20_copy.jpg
    Written by JACKSON LANZING and COLLIN KELLY
    Art by ROGE ANTONIO
    Cover by MIKEL JANIN
    On sale MAY 25 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    With one of his closest allies now his greatest foe, Dick Grayson will have to make his greatest sacrifice to save those he loves.