Page 551 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 514515015415475485495505515525535545555616016511051 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    If it were really going to be I'd rather it was Owlman then Deathstroke. Deathstroke strikes me as a more face to face confrontation kind of guy so having him in disguise would seem a bit forced to me. I could see Owlman being Raptor though if he's in any way involved with the PoO I be given to guess that he's higher up the chain then a watchdog. Having said that though I could see him totally doing it simply to get close to Dick.
    I don't mean i want them to be posing as this Raptor, what i mean is i would rather have them in the role of potential dark mentor than this Raptor.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don't mean i want them to be posing as this Raptor, what i mean is i would rather have them in the role of potential dark mentor than this Raptor.
    That makes a bit more sense. I'd still rather have Owlman because I'd personally find that more interesting and the direction to be something that might cover some new ground. The Deathstroke angle just seems far to ripe for a rather uninspired retreading of old ground to me. YMMV.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Maybe Raptor is just going to be Lincoln March's new identity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Maybe Raptor is just going to be Lincoln March's new identity.
    Oh God no,I hope Raptor is Owlman who's trying to get close to Dick and is also using him to launch a coup against the POO. Remember Owlman is from Earth-3 so he needs resources to build himself up once again.

I am betting Seeley would want Raptor to be someone new to add to the mythos of Dick Grayson since saying you were trained by Batman, being Batman & leading so many teams has not truly elevated him and the Batman comparison still looms while he continuously has shifted to new places and faces. He needs gets some solid footing while Batman is operating in Gotham and the world over a long time that does not act in support but as two Knights of Gotham. Tom and Tim both have shown balance for the relationship between him and Bruce as well as doing more to push back against the shadow of the Bat. A fresh take on Nightwing with him working in Gotham & Internationally still keeping the elements from Spyral allowing this to be a progression rather than a restart.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I am betting Seeley would want Raptor to be someone new to add to the mythos of Dick Grayson since saying you were trained by Batman, being Batman & leading so many teams has not truly elevated him and the Batman comparison still looms while he continuously has shifted to new places and faces. He needs gets some solid footing while Batman is operating in Gotham and the world over a long time that does not act in support but as two Knights of Gotham. Tom and Tim both have shown balance for the relationship between him and Bruce as well as doing more to push back against the shadow of the Bat. A fresh take on Nightwing with him working in Gotham & Internationally still keeping the elements from Spyral allowing this to be a progression rather than a restart.
    You are absolutely right the new character should be someone new.

Well, for what its worth, King said on twitter that he and Seeley are still working closely. I think King on Batman will be great for Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Well, for what its worth, King said on twitter that he and Seeley are still working closely. I think King on Batman will be great for Nightwing.
    Yeah I just read it. I hope we will see a stable relationship between Bruce and Dick for once. I'm sure we will see NW a lot in Batman but I'm not sure if it's good, bad or both?
    Also lol at King getting Janin in the divorce

DC Comics June 2016 solicitations from Newsarama
    GrayA3.jpg
    GRAYSON ANNUAL #3
    Determined to find out the identity of Spyral's Agent 37, detective Jim Corrigan gathers a collection of heroes who have seen the swirl-faced spy in order to hear their accounts. With guest appearances by Harley Quinn, Azrael, John Constantine and Green Lantern Simon Baz, get ready for some of Dick Grayson's greatest hits!
    This will be interesting if nothing else

Incredible Member

i'm going to miss those Janin covers too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Yeah I just read it. I hope we will see a stable relationship between Bruce and Dick for once. I'm sure we will see NW a lot in Batman but I'm not sure if it's good, bad or both?
    Also lol at King getting Janin in the divorce
    I hope Tim gets visitation rights. It'd be nice if he could steal Mikel occasionally for a cover, while it's Finch's turn on Batman or people are taking a break.

Tim and Tom both seemed to see Bruce and Dick's relationship as one between equals and partners, so hopefully the two characters will be on good terms. It'd be nice to see them just hang out together occasionally, during downtime between patrols and missions. Or if they're split up, maybe just phone each other for a chat, as they did in the early Grayson issues.

I imagine there are still a bunch of plots that they hatched jointly for Grayson that won't have time to play out there, and might end up in Nightwing, or Batman, or both instead. The Owls are the obvious one, but there's probably more. The one I regret most that I guess we won't be getting now is Helena's backstory. It's quite possible that they've passed along their notes, but that one is now for the new Birds of Prey writers to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    GrayA3.jpg

That actually sounds fun. Looks like they are doing one more fun story with Spyral and the spy stuff as sort of a goodbye to it.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

GrayA3.jpg
    GRAYSON ANNUAL #3
    Determined to find out the identity of Spyral's Agent 37, detective Jim Corrigan gathers a collection of heroes who have seen the swirl-faced spy in order to hear their accounts. With guest appearances by Harley Quinn, Azrael, John Constantine and Green Lantern Simon Baz, get ready for some of Dick Grayson's greatest hits!
    Wow, that's a pretty random group of guest appearances. Although I'm very happy about Harley, it's about time!
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

GrayA3.jpg

Sounds cool!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

Nightwing fought a guy, or guys, called "Raptor", during Peter Tomasi's Freefall arc. Or the arc right before that one by the previous writer. I'm a little memory-lapsed on which. But the name itself is part of recent Nightwing rogues gallery lore, and sounds effing perfect for some kind of agent of the Parliament of Owls.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com