Page 56 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960661061565561056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Man I'll be really upset if this book can't sustain sales the way Harley Quinn seems to.

But yeah fantastic news.
    It probably won't. Harley Quinn has found a groove right now, and was marketed very well with that 0 issue. Eventually i think it'll die down and then probably level under Grayson, find a place around Deadpool level, but i couldn't guess when. Right now Harley Quinn seems to be a hot order. Its odd though that non of it transfers over to SS though.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-08-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It probably won't. Harley Quinn has found a groove right now, and was marketed very well with that 0 issue. Eventually i think it'll die down and then probably level under Grayson, find a place around Deadpool level, but right now Harley Quinn seems to be a hot order. Its odd though that non of it transfers over to SS though.
    I'm not sure it's all that odd. Suicide Squad is solidly an in-continuity adventure comic, Harley Quinn is a comedy book that isn't in continuity (no matter how much they sometimes hem and haw and try to fudge). They are just two different animals altogether. It works the other way as well, with Harley's use of murderous video games in her Villains' Month issue not really affecting her title, because everybody knows that wasn't this Harley Quinn.

I don't know where Harley and Grayson will settle eventually. Harley probably has an easier time sustaining numbers because goofiness without consequences to the greater universe is a pretty easy sell. Grayson, on the other hand, is always going to be somewhat controversial for any number of reasons, both "good" and "bad." Then again, controversy can certainly work to the benefit of sales. So we will just have to see.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 08-08-2014 at 01:35 PM.

I'm guessing the book sold in the 80Ks probably. I was hoping it would break 100K, since it is just a nice goal to reach, but I guess that was a bit too much. I'm going to guess reorders will only add a few thousand at most. Though if the book would have launched in June then it would have easily broke 100K given it would have had a Bombshell variant (I still think the Starfire variant one was meant to be Nightwing's originally before the delays and changes in direction) since most books saw like a 15-20K increase for that month with them.

It seems like the book did better than the recent Justice League United and Future's End debuts, but not as good as Harley Quinn and Batman Eternal. So I am going to guess that the book will settle in the 40K or 50K range eventually. Sort of in-between where books like United and Quinn are. Since Quinn has settled in the 60K range easily and United will probably settle in the 30K or 40K range.

In-between United and Quinn sounds about right. Though im guessing #1 sold in the 70ks
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-08-2014 at 02:21 PM.

70K would mean than even Future's End might have beaten it. Still, I'd like to lean towards the 80Ks because the last issue of Justice League sold 75,803 units, but that was without their Bombshell variant cover. It was pushed to July's issue because of delays. So with the 15-20K increase the Bombshell variant had the July issue of JL should be in the 90Ks probably and I think Grayson could have sold a little under that. So the 80Ks seems fair.

Hmm, good point. I forgot JL 32 was a Bombshell.

Why does this thread always end up about comic sale figures, instead of Dick appreciation?

Dude, its a general Dickscussion thread, and we're talking about Grayson's sales. So whats the problem? Plus quick frankly just spamming Dick pics gets old after while.

BANNED

Dude, its a general Dickscussion thread, and we're talking about Grayson's sales. So whats the problem? Plus quick frankly just spamming Dick pics gets old after while.
    I think that a lot of us worry about sales because we want the best for Dick Grayson. Wingnuts worry about Dick all the time, they're well-accustomed to it after all these years. A failing book can get axed--and the character along with it.

I don't know if Grayson 1 would have broken 80k on the first printing. I would more expect something around 70k. But if it does reach 80k, standard attrition would predict it settling initially around 56-60k, which is slightly less than Harley Quinn, but more than either Tec or Batman and Robin. But with the new books and new directions, things are going to be unsettled for quite a while yet. I would expect Worlds End to outsell Grayson initially, and the New direction on Batgirl might give that book a big boost, too.

I am not worried about the book or character being axed. I was mainly hoping that this book with the added incentives and promotion would have done better than the New 52 Nightwing title, which would have been a nice accomplishment. Since if it does the same as Nightwing despite the added promotion then maybe they feel the character has reached his limit.

Still, if this book sold 80K then I'm going to guess that by issue #5 at the end of the year the book will be in the upper 40Ks or low 50Ks which is where Nightwing was at for most of its run. Since you would expect the book to have a typical 20-25% drop to issue #2 and the typical 10-15% drop to issue #3.

I'm not saying spam pictures, I would just like to have a general discussion about the character, not just the numbers and sales. Talking about and comparing sales is what always happens with this thread.

I know we all want the best for dick so we worry a little but i don't get is why characters like flash,aquaman,wonder wonder can sell from 30-40k and dick grayson can sell the same or more. They can have a big fanbase but dick's fanbase is just as big! Dick has just as history and story as them just as iconic (as robin)But yet there "A-list" but dick is B-list i don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm not saying spam pictures, I would just like to have a general discussion about the character, not just the numbers and sales. Talking about and comparing sales is what always happens with this thread.
    We are having a general discussion about the character. The sales charts happens to be to most recent news involving Grayson right now, so we are discussing it. If u want to talk about something else, or have new news, bring it up.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-09-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I am not worried about the book or character being axed. I was mainly hoping that this book with the added incentives and promotion would have done better than the New 52 Nightwing title, which would have been a nice accomplishment. Since if it does the same as Nightwing despite the added promotion then maybe they feel the character has reached his limit.

Still, if this book sold 80K then I'm going to guess that by issue #5 at the end of the year the book will be in the upper 40Ks or low 50Ks which is where Nightwing was at for most of its run. Since you would expect the book to have a typical 20-25% drop to issue #2 and the typical 10-15% drop to issue #3.
    If it reached 80k, even with reorders, then it has handily beaten Nightwing 1, which debuted at about 63k. However it did, the book clearly exceeded DC's expectations, else they would have done a larger first printing. We should probably avoid fretting and stewing over the exact numbers and how DC may or may not interpret them. Much of that has to do with plans and discussions completely opaque to us, including future TV and Movie strategy, future directions for team books and the Batman line in general, present seamless versus perceived opportunities, and plans for future events.